Eternal Lands Official Forums
Freddymac

You Know You're Addicted To El When:

You know they are a n00b when they try to use cooked egg yolks instead of sulfer when making FE!

You know you're addicted to EL when:

1.) You make it a priority to keep an extra $25 dollars in the bank account in case the guild comes up short for the guild map.

2.) You place an x-mas tree on the guild map for your sister-in-law then take it back off because you're too embarassed to connect RL people to the game.

3.) You start wondering what Tankel's Products and Completed Operations insurance premiums must be like.

4.) You go to open your program for work in the morning and next thing you know you're looking at the EL login screen.

5.) Intimate time has now become EL time. Your wife is pissed...yet there is no #ignore.

6.) You've made your own theme song up for your character.

They may be lame but 1-4 and 6 has happened. Still working on the #ignore thing for the wife...

- You decide to play for "just half an hour"... and log off the next day.

err... well... since I play in the evenings, that's possible

- You spend more time working on the game than at your RL studies/work.

168286[/snapback]

oops ^_^

Y'all forgot a good one..

How about, you know you're addicted to EL when:

Your kids know the names of your guildmates, and what skills they are working on, but could not name a single one of your co-workers :o

You have found yourself wishing fervently that there was a portal room in real life :(

Both of these happen to me :blink::blink:

Edited by shallara

When you miss Charmed to finish that overall level.

When you say "giggles" instead of giggling, or "runs" instead of running (Like anybody would run... Pfft).

When you throw away personal belongings because they are cluttering your inventory.

you realize that you are too distracted to perform daily tasks in real life because "your food level is at or below 0".

when people yell at you, you tell then to "turn off the CAPS LOCK key".

You have no qualms against kicking a wolf, puma, or bear. Or Gargoyle.

You refuse to go to any building that has gargoyle statues at night, or the converse for higher levels, you get ticked off when the gargoyles don't wake up at nightfall.

You have ever rejected advice from a friend you've known for years, only to accept the same advice from a near-complete stranger you meet in EL.

-You try to erase your message on AIM by hitting "Esc" rather than hitting backspace, and then you realize that you've closed your conversation window.

166925[/snapback]

i talked to donpedro on MSN once and he typed evrytime "//"

lol pwed

Lol!!! I know when I spend way to much time on EL when my flat mates come back in the morning after a night out and start cooking breakfast!!!

At work when I call customers n00bs or p00ns or smeghead!! Or have the sudden urge to pk them with a titan serp for being p00ns!!!

And most times when I look at security they remind me of cyclops walking up and down SK!!

When girlfriends wants to go out shopping i tell her to 'smeg off you p00nzilla'!! :blink:

when i see that i spend the most time with my wife in el,

or when i tell her i go harvest cigarettes

Edited by shenriss

When you just read this entire thread, thinking I hadn't seen it before, but thought it looked familiar, but thought that was because you'd posted in another thread like this one... then you read a post that was strikingly familiar, because you'd written it...

A week (or so) ago I was going to work (on my bike) after playing EL for just a few days (but many hours). I came by a little bush of beautifull blue flowers which stood a little apart from all other vegetation. That bush must have been there for ages, but this was the very first time I saw it. And the only thing I could think about that was:

"You started to harvest blue lupines" :blink:

Edited by Cormaher

you know your are addicted to el when...

you are up so late playing el that your parents come and unplug the computer, because you cant bring yourself to turn it off yourself

when it is normal to be playing el for 30 hours at a time

when you get into an arguement with someone, and cell them a "smegin n00b!"

when you think wearing a white cape will make you heal faster, or a grey cape will make you never get hungery

when you get your mom's prize sunflowers, the really god wine, and a test tube, mix it all together, and drink it. you then wonder why everything is spinning and you have to go to the hospital.

you buy the most powerful computer on the planet, for the sole purpose of playing el without grues eating you, and none of that "resync with the server" nonsense. you destroy it with a baseball bat when you still get both.

note: srry if any of this has been said already. i think i skipped a page or two and may have missed it.

when you have spen so long inside playing el, you get sunburned from a flashlight.

Guest Drajean

When you read this topic and think "did that.....did that......d.d.d..did that...want to do that....... did that......"

When you convince your mom and dad to play,and there about to call you a nooblet,they also talk about the game while eating. :rolleyes: <_< :mellow:

You know your addicted to el when..

You still visit the forums after you quit months ago looking for pms.

:huh:

you know your addicted when

1.when you skip meals so you can get that next level.

2.when you start using abbreviations IRL.

3.when your skipping a meal to write this... :confused:

4.when you have nightmares about white rabits.

5. when you wish you could go get your magic sword from molgor so you can pwn your sister.

ive done 1-3 and 5 :P

Edited by Alderan