Eternal Lands Official Forums
Freddymac

You Know You're Addicted To El When:

- After your girlfriend reads your chat log, she accuses you of having oral sex with a girl named Grue.  :D

167245[/snapback]

sick and wrong.......................

When the players know the game 10x's better than you and you are one of the creators.......wait..that didnt' make sense for this thread..um..nm :D

this happened a while ago but....when you poke ice so it will go into your cup.

(like clicking a item in order to use it) I was really tired...took me a bit to figure out what was wrong

You can remember the last 2 or 3 times this has been done.

You get lost, so you try and press tab... then you realize there's no tab button in real life.

lol i cant think of any new ones but these are great! and ive actually done a few b4, like saying "lol" instead of laughing, and ive written #gm or @ or # b4 writing something b4 then erased it, and ive almost said #gm b4 talkin b4, its kinda funny. Ive also memorized alot songs from listening to music alot while playing EL too :) Keep them coming, there great so far! :)

- Kougria

Edited by Kougria

this happened a while ago but....when you poke ice so it will go into your cup.

(like clicking a item in order to use it) I was really tired...took me a bit to figure out what was wrong

167257[/snapback]

That's incredibly scary...

You really know you yuor addicted to EL when its second nature to kick bunnies to death on the way home from the pub (I live in the countryside) and before the arresting officer can speak, you ask him if he has a needle and thread.....

You really know you yuor addicted to EL when its second nature to kick bunnies to death on the way home from the pub (I live in the countryside) and before the arresting officer can speak,  you ask him if he has a needle and thread.....

167360[/snapback]

lol i actually did most of the things in this.

i once

- kept pressing ` when i was playeng text adventures to see if i could get some visuals lol ;) i then realized i wasnte playing EL :)

addicted to EL?

Hmm..lets see..

*At a RL meeting we had trouble calling eachother by our RL names..

*We have a house nearby that look exactly like the old Grany house, where Mrs. Lorpak lives now..ad i refer to the lady who lives there as Mrs. Lorpak

*When my daughter goes outside playing I warn her NOT to kick the rabits on the kiddie farm....

*When I ride my bike I have to keep myself from picking flowers on the way

*I talk about EL players at the dinertable as if they are freinds of the family..wich will make my family hate EL even more ;)

*I make up excuses not having to go to b-day parties in RL coz I dont wanna miss a guildmeeting

*my rl house is a mess..but my EL house is nice and tidy :)

*been trying for ages to find a simulair fur hat that I wear in El to wear in RL..but fail..even at manu level 22 :(

But..Im not adicted..I can do without my RL..I only need it for my cable connection :(

P.s. oh...oops....this topic was about being adicted to EL..ah well..:)

Hugs,

Jez

-when you go out and buy a shiny new WiFi Laptop so you can network it to your desktop to allow your wife to play EL with you.

That's RL. I just did that today! :P

You know your addicted when

when in game you have started typing 'smeg' instead of the actual words.

167589[/snapback]

Lol I used smeg in Warcraft accidentally and assumed that everyone knew what I meant :P .

-when u call Bush and request a Senate inquiry into the dealings of Scammer Lobby groups trying to legitimize stealing from the general public. Your call are answered by the CFO of Enron.Inc.....you put the miserable Shmuck on ur PK list.

- when you insist that Wacko Jocko come clean and admit that all along he was trying to do was form a guild that uses 'Rubba' folk to get 'Ore' for his, er , Ranch. You realize that Rotten Mickey has never been a miner and dismiss him as a nOOb who has Identity Problems...you put the Shmuck on ur Pk list.

- when you insist insist that Condo is way off the mark by trying to 'splain why the sons and daughters of the US are expected to lay down their lives for a cause that seems nothing more than an oil hunt for cheap profits. You put her off your PK list as she seems to be the only person in the White House that has any brains...

- you contact the White House and ask for a BC (brain check)....u get no reply :rolleyes:

-when you check the age level of most of the people playing EL and realize that the combined total of most 12 year olds's IQ is better than most of the people running the most powerful Empire on this planet. (U check ur Civ score the last time that u played GOD)

- when u ask Sid M. to run the planet and get a guest spot as an EL Mod and hopefully get himself elected as the Pres of the UN.

- when u realize that after all the great encounters tht u have had with folks from Croatia, Poland, Singapore, Australia, East Us, Mid Us, West Us, Mexico.....and every other person that you've had the pleasure to meet, u understand THIS IS THE UN...

THE UNITED NATIONS OF ETERNAL LANDS

IMHO, and we as citizens of this small spinning ball are better off for it ;

when in Real Life you:

.. yell TOPIC at the dinertable when the discussion gets outa hand...

....threatning with an IP ban when your kid has come in too late again...

......trying to type #mute (your kid) without a keyboard.....

...use a ferm voice and say: I will report you if you use that word one more time...

Jez

Edited by Jezebelle

1) You can't help but grin when you see you grandma's chrysanthemums on the windowsill, then try and find all the silver she has... to make some health ess

2) you Pick your dads prize red roses from the garden, finding snapdragons around the hedges on the streets and nicking grandads matches... to make some fire ess

3)when you start making comparisons between the troll and your mother

4)you no longer see "cuteness" in bunny rabbits...only ingredients

5)infatuation of swords grows more :ph34r:

6)you forget that You can die from lack of food in RL

7)you start foaming at the mouth due to how long you've been on.

I think you guys missed one!!

I ALWAYS mess up and type // in MSN :blink:

also, this might get me trown in the looney bin !!

Before I laugh in RL I think "LOL"

Oh and I should post a picture of EL Wrist, its a permanant disorder you get from using the mouse too much.

Not a deformity or anything just a slightly tanner patch of skin where your wrist meets the mouse pad!

Eeek! Time for a vacation from el :(

JaneMuffin

When you call someone at work a noob when they dont understand something.

When your mom tells you to come downstairs and go to church, at which point you suddenly realize its sunday.

You get the shakes when away from your computer too long.

You didn't call your girlfriend for seven days because you were on a level up streak :(.

You suddenly realize your best friends are your guild mates.

Your beard is..... hey wait a minute? BEARD?

When you get a tingling in your groin everytime you log in........ WHAT?!?

You suddenly realize that your replying to this topic at 5:45 in the morning and you havent gone to bed yet. :blink:

- You decide to play for "just half an hour"... and log off the next day.

- You spend more time working on the game than at your RL studies/work.

- You start signing off all your RL messages with your EL name. :rolleyes:

-Lyn-

P.S. I loved skuLLer's number 4... classic! :(

Edited by Lyanna

2) you Pick your dads prize red roses from the garden, finding snapdragons around the hedges on the streets and nicking grandads matches... to make some fire ess

168051[/snapback]

This is like making FE from FE & the flowers!

heehe, I couldn't think of where to get the sulphur from...and i remember when i was a brat that i used to carefully break the heads off matches and play silly buggers with them...nothing changes as you get older :)