Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JohnnyWrath

The Spawn Owner

how about I just leave out the screenshots and names.......the issue is this.......

This person is telling me that she wants to fight a spawn for a few hours, and it shouldn't matter if she leaves for more potion or dies....I have no right to interupt her training???

She believes that as long as she has a friend with her, the spawn is hers indefinately because they have claimed it, and I am an ^%$ if I try to take a turn...

I watched her die and return 3 times.....so I jumped in......man that didn't go over well.

Question is.....do you guys believe you can claim a spawn as yours for a few hours even if u need to leave for potions or u die? Obviously there is NOT enough spawns to go around, so I find it somewhat annoying someone believes they can claim a spawn to train for a few hours.

Her friend was sitting on the ground, and she claims as long as he is there, they have rights to it.......until they want to stop.

My personal opinion is that anyone can fight at a spawn. You can't claim it for your own and should not be upset if someone else comes in and 'takes your kill'.

But, you also can consider good manners as well in how to handle the spawn. It's just as bad to go charging in and camp out at a spawn that some is actively working as it is to try to claim it for your own.

i totaly agree - i normaly will let someone know when i have finished (ie ran out of pots etc) and let them take over.

However, learner brought up the issue of manners...if a person has no manners, and tried to pull that on me, i would just take the spawn anyway, manners cost nothing !

however..there are always enough spawns...try looking in other maps...you will be surprised how many spawns are not "camped"

Edited by crannog

I say if there there first offer to share I know i am more then willing to share when i am fighting cuz i stay in the back of the garg cave in tar and dont touch any of the other gargs unless they wanter back there and hate it when someone eles wawlks in and kills all the gargs even the one in the back which is the only one i kill

I say if the person is unwilling to shar (meaning you kill they kill you kill they killl) then there bad manners will leave you the right to step in and kill ever other but please dont try to take over the spawn thats just as frustrating You sould retain your manners no matter what thats important =D

Oh god not this again.

People understand - no-one owns a spawn. They are free for everyone. It's common etiquette to ask to share (or offer share) of a spawn if someone is already there. If you can't share, you don't deserve it.

For those receiving harrassment from people wanting to take the spawn, just fight for it!!

Its no official rule so stop the complains, its a player rule

if u break it you wil be on most PK/Black Lists =)

It's common etiquette to ask to share (or offer share) of a spawn if someone is already there.

166527[/snapback]

I've seen a little bit of the posessiveness and such when going up against armed goblins, but anything below that seems pretty free game, there's rarely issues of sharing, etc

I can understand it a little more (although I don't condone it) at higher levels, as the spawns become rarer and more rewarding.

her PMs are getting insane now....after like 20 minutes of no PMs, she PMs and says...I am tired of u harrassing me, and I will not leave the spawn, quit harrassing me........I do not respond.......she sends more PMs telling me to not harrass her......I do not respond and we are not in the same spot........she sends another PM telling me I am the rudest person she has met.....

I have screenshots of all the conversations.......I believe she freaked out on these forums too about people won't let her have the spawn and everyone is a spawn jumper.....she seriously thinks it's her spot or something.......insane.

Johnny, I have a good suggestion for you:

Type #ignore En...er I mean <playername> ;)

Then do what you want at the spawn, because ussual who ever gets to the creature first has dibs.

Everyone know that no one person owns any of the spawn.

I personally share even if I am there first because I know this is only a game and if I am all stresssed out trying to hog a spawn I am not going to be enjoying it as much.

Plus just imagine what would happen to this certain chick if she died after pissing everyone off? I personally would have no inclination to run and save her bag, I might even go as far as:

#gm !loot death bad in sewers, have at it!! :P

Okay so that a bit screwed up. All I am trying to say is that no one person owns a spawn. Ignore her and continue training.

JaneMuffin

Or try #abuse playername is harrassing me about them owning this spawn, and maybe a mod will explain it to them

Learner, it's not harrassment so much as it is insanity.... 1 PM she sent me telling me to stop harrassing her got a instant reply because I was AFK at Raven. LOL

she says she can never go there now because of me, but she is there right now....waaaaaaaaaay overly dramatic.

Janemuffin, good advice. ty

heh, to even bother having a full blown conversation like that, When you wanted the train, Is just a waste of time.

Someone at that spawn? dont know were the ogre's are? ask ya guild mates, Or look it up on the help sites, 5 mins ago 400+ players on.

I waled past 4 ogres with no one pawning them lol. all about the same distance to a storage.

I would have figured, If you wanted to share a spawn, a little RP, and some understanding from both parties goes a long way =)

heck you could team up, And go Cyclops killing, Or somthing a little different. *shrugs*

Guest Enyo

It's obvious you are talking about me, Enyo.. i wasn't going to respond to

this but then i decided to after all. first of all, you are not being completely

truthful here. i never knew you until a few days ago when you came to the secret

ogre spawn, which really isn't a secret anymore.. i was there training alone. you

wanted the spawn and i told you i would pm you when i was finished. my

guildmate showed up too because actually, he was waiting for the spawn before

you even.. i was about to leave but then i died and came back to finish training.

then you storm in saying that there is something fishy here and just basically

started unsurping all the spawns. you ended up calling me a bitch and my

guildmate said you can meet him at a pk map.. eviled. you finally left and then so

did ed. i left 15 or 20 minutes later and despite your rudeness, I pm you to let

you know the spawn was free. no thanks or anything like that from you.. just

more arrogance and rudeness from you. today, i pm you because i wanted to try

to make amends with you and once again we get into this heated discussion about

spawns, etc. i was trying in vain to be nice, even told you when the spawn was

free in advance, etc. but once again you were rude. i even tried to tell you of

other spawns because there are actually many ogre spawns in EL. i can't say that

you were really harassing me in the true sense of the word but it did feel that way

it took me a long time to get back to your last pm and when i did, you were afk.

that's when i told you i was putting you on ignore. for some reason, we just

weren't making a connection.. you weren't hearing me or vise versa, i don't know.

but you were a bit aggressive. truth be known, no one owns a spawn and can't.

however, with the higher level monsters, we players do try to respect one another.

it works better that way. i learned this rule of players by the players.. it's not

something that i invented. its not my personal rule but it's one that i try to follow.

im nice with everyone as long as they are nice with me. if they are not, then im

not. i really am surprised that you felt the need to post about this in the forums.

but that's your choice and you have the right. also, i never said that if i die, i have

the right to come back and claim the spawn.. as i said we were training together

today, greenganjaking and i. the other day, i was about to leave and eviled was

going to train. you can't just tell people they need to leave because you've waited

long enough. i waited for hours, actually and i didn't complain at all. but, it's not

against the rules to share a spawn and you are certainly free to go in and take

over or do whatever you like to do. of course, you won't be well liked by the other

players, but once again.. it's your choice. now, can we please not argue this point

anymore.. ? is it really worth it? too much stress over some images on a game.

we are not going to agree here, so please let's just agree to disagree. i think

that's more civilized. i have to say one thing, i think that no one here can say that

i ever take over a spawn. i always leave not because i have to but out of respect.

maybe im wrong to expect that same respect in return, i dunno. one more thing,

yes people do train together for various reasons and if one person dies and the

other person remains, it doesn't mean that the spawn is free. but i do think it's

interesting that you didn't tell everyone that i gave you the spawn the other day

and also today and you didn't have to wait long. i left before i was finished just to

not be selfish. so i really don't know why you had to continue on and on about

me not being able to own the spawn all day, etc.. unless you just like to hear your

self talk.. take care. ENyo

That spacing is really irritating :|

Also..You don't own the spawn just because you are there, it's free will, JohnnyWrath can kill what he wants when he wants, you are unable to stop him.

Regards,

_A_

Okay, children. Did you learn how to share spawns when you were killing wolves, or do you need to be newbies again?

Guest Enyo
That spacing is really irritating :|

Also..You don't own the spawn just because you are there, it's free will, JohnnyWrath can kill what he wants when he wants, you are unable to stop him.

Regards,

_A_

166650[/snapback]

yep, you're right .. no one owns a spawn and he can kill what he wants when he wants.. about the spacing, the piper asked me to use spacing when posting, sorry. maybe im doing something wrong here.. so i try it now without spacing.

Guest Enyo
Okay, children. Did you learn how to share spawns when you were killing wolves, or do you need to be newbies again?

166654[/snapback]

that's a good point kala except for one thing, it's a bit different when you get to higher level monsters. you're right, it was more simple when we were all noobs running after the same wolf, lol. then what happens is that you begin to level up and you learn the unwritten rules, the player rules and if you don't abide by these rules.. well.. you could end up on everyone's PK list.

who ever is there doesent own the spawn they just simply are there first... just try to come to a agreement like i take one you take one or w/e if they dont want to cooperate just kill the monster whenever you can... also maybe save the chatlog so they dont go crying to a guildmate or somthing saying he stole my spawn blah blah blah... remember there isent a written rule on spawn stealing but it is rude if you just walk in there without asking and start killing away :)

LOL JW I knew who you meant as soon as i started reading your post. I have been on her "I'm gonna train til i can whoop you" list since my son's (and my) friend PKed her with one of my son's characters. She and my 14 year old son, who is about the same maturity level, abuse, harass and cuss at each other non-stop. Me i just ignore but still get accused of the same with her using the excuse that my son is just a figment of my perverted split personality. Sadly ignore only works so long as she keeps changing her name. Take it from me you will never win an argument with her, but then again the father part of my split personality is a poor parent in her eyes so take my advice at your own peril. BTW talking to her guild leader will do no good as i believe he is just afraid of her verbal onslaught as most people and i do not blame him. He is just a young guy looking to have fun without too much hassle which is as it should be. Sorry if i have offended you shivar (no disrespect was intended). good luck JohnnyWrath :)

Lol johnny, 3 things u should do, first put her on ignore, serp her spawns, and steal her death bag to piss her off. Like CG said she is impossible to win an arguement with when i try to train or PK she just harasses me for hours with PMs and GMs full of BS

:ph34r: Ok, I`m gonna just add this here, for starters, I`ve known Enyo for quite some time, we both used to hang out in the Goblin sewers, not once was she rude to me, not once did she swear at me, and not once did she tell me it was HER spawn. She was very helpful as it goes, as it was the first time I was down there. I read the other thread which was pretty much the same as this, and everyone seemed to jump down her throat then.

She`s already said, several times, she`s aware she doesn`t OWN the spawn, everybody knows there is no such thing, but we also know, its an unwriten rule by the DECENT players, that if someone is training at a spawn, you move on to another one, its called being polite. It makes me laugh seeing some of the names posting here and on the other thread, coz a few of them cry like little babies if someone does it to them, but because they`re part of the "Pk Gang" everybody jumps in a supports them when they moan.

Its a sad shame that people still insist on jumping on spawns where people are already training, I just put it down to them being rude and ignorant. There are PLENTY of spawns in the game, but a lot of people are too damn lazy to go elsewhere. If its a quick spawn, some people are happy to share, some aren`t. But just for the record, when I was in the sewers, Enyo happily shared the spawn. Knights responce was kinda wot I`d expect from him, it shows his mentallity quite nicely, but thats another story. And before anyone jumps in here saying, I have this screen shot, I have this chat log.....I really dont give a ****. But if people are training, let them train, because they might not have hours to play like other people. :blink:

Althought I agreed with JohnnyWraith at the time of my first post, I do not anymore.

Yes I think it's wrond to "steal" a spawn. Ussually if someone comes to where I am training I will A) Leave and come back later or B) Fight faster :ph34r:

No I dont think Enyo thinks the spawn is hers (i.e. Enyo KNOWS she does not own the spawn)

I have had my problems with Enyo in the past, but I am willing to give her a chance.

Jezebelle said in a different post that she does not like when people judge someone because of rumors. I agree with this.

Enyo already has a bad rep regarding spawns and pwning peoples PMs :blink:

Can we all just give her a second chance? Because from what I see on her post it sounds like she has learned the error of her ways.

Also, JohnnyWraith can you please post logs next time? I admit because of my negative experience with Enyo before (and some rumor) I hastily attack her and I was wrong.

One other thing, name calling is just wrong. If you really wanna makesomeone angry just ignore them, that goes to both of you Enyo and JohnnyWraith.

Hay maybe next time you two can have a ff and winner gets spawn!! ;) I would be willing to come referee B)

One last thing, this is a game, as CG always tells me HAVE FUN!!! :) All this stress cant be good for you :)

JaneMuffin