Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JohnnyWrath

Is It Just Me?

is it just me or do people cry and complain waaay too much when they lose their stuff because of their own fault? They die all day fighting monsters that kill them, and feel they should be taking no risk and ALWAYS get their stuff back? They refuse to quit bag trading which seems like basic common sense. .......lo and behold they get robbed.

Is this the Dora the Explorer game for 6 year olds, or a fighting game where people die?? flame away, but I can't be the only one thinking this....

I think the deathbag thing needs to be reworked? The makers obviously intended for people who die to lose items.....you freakin' died ?!?!?! dead, killed, in grave, siz feet under, you LOST and croaked....why do u feel you should get all your things back? is this a little kids game?

My vote is to make items on NON-PK maps simply disappear when u die....gone, u lost it, and nobody can have it.........the monster took it????

It will help the economy too I think. PK maps the things stay and the victor claims them.

Edited by JohnnyWrath

I'm thinking only when a monster kills, there is no bag because the monster takes your stuff.....harvest and PK deaths should stay the same.

Just my thoughts.....people keep dying over and over and over and keep coming back demanding their bag from everyone.....it's their fault they died, so let the monster take the stuff.

If another player PKs you, you drop a bag as usual. Same with harvest death since I can't see a bush stealing your stuff.

Edited by JohnnyWrath

Actually, one of my early ideas was for monsters to loot you. Perhaps we will implement it, at some point or another.

I'm thinking only when a monster kills, there is no bag because the monster takes your stuff.....harvest and PK deaths should stay the same. 

Just my thoughts.....people keep dying over and over and over and keep coming back demanding their bag from everyone.....it's their fault they died, so let the monster take the stuff. 

If another player PKs you, you drop a bag as usual. Same with harvest death since I can't see a bush stealing your stuff.

166027[/snapback]

thats stupid...if some one dies yes it is their fault, but if people like me wanna give back their crap then let them!

I agree, i saw once a guy who died. His fault, then somebody came along.. seen something nice they would like so they took it. Later on i saw the person who died screaming at him "Bag Jumper!" and "Give me my Smeging stuff back you n00b!"

If there where less of this it would be better, i mean when your training and the chances of you dying are high.. train in a less populated area!

I mean people are probally worried when they find a deathbag, cause the owner ends up finding them and then it's onto the "Scammer" stuff. That really annoys me big time. You Die. Your Fault. You Loose Your Items. Your Fault. Simple as that.

i agree on the monster stealing youre stuff , but it shoudent disapear fore good , maybe the next pearson to kill the monster , gets the stuff??

maybe go in that direction?

maybe a 40/30/30 split: 40% chance you keep the item, 30% chance it's dropped (and monsters will pick up and use, weilding weapons, maybe even drinking potions), and 30% chance it breaks (possibly becomes 2nd hand for items that can be, as those items are tougher)

and have careful guy perk adjust it to 60/20/20

maybe a 40/30/30 split: 40% chance you keep the item, 30% chance it's dropped (and monsters will pick up and use, weilding weapons, maybe even drinking potions), and 30% chance it breaks (possibly becomes 2nd hand for items that can be, as those items are tougher)

166140[/snapback]

I like that. Gives the careful guy perk a much more important use, can help decrease the amount of stocked up armors/weapons/capes/items/etc, and even has a chance of disheartening bag jumpers by 30%. :P

That is the best I dea I have veer heard on these forums, kudos.

I agree that is a wonderful idea ;) Although the lag and die issue has to be addressed too. There will be alot of peole angry if they die from a lag and lose their stuff, esspecially since the lag issue has been alot more of a problem recently. If there is a way to implement not losing your stuff if you lag, or automatic unfailable flea when you lag or when your #ping hits a certain point it might solve this problem. But then again I dont know much about pings and stuff, so people might try to cheat this feature.

All I am saying is this, the idea is awesome, but its going to get alot of disagreement if there is a lag death.

JaneMuffin

I have a laptop, with a network cable hanging out and going to the wall. if I move it the wrong way, I can lose connection. That can cause a lag out.

at the same time, I can unplug it. the first is an accident, the second deliberate.

to the server, (and my computer, as a matter of fact) the two are exactly the same. There's no way to prevent cheating an allowance for lagouts.

I'd like the idea too (even though I haven't suffered lagout death) but I don't think it'd be easy to find a way to make it uncheatable.

on the other hand, preventing something only because of the potential for abuse isn't always right. maybe freezing the combat when you're lagging enough would help (not just lagouts, sometimes I get ping times of up to a minute but hold connection. one of these in combat would be a pain)

Also, you don't die because you lagged. You die because you were fighting when you lagged and the combat continues as if you were connected, but you can't heal yourself. You could lag, come back and discover you won just as easily.

Also, you don't die because you lagged. You die because you were fighting when you lagged and the combat continues as if you were connected, but you can't heal yourself. You could lag, come back and discover you won just as easily.

166575[/snapback]

Oh thats right!! I totally forgot about that! You know why? Cuz I would die if I dont restore :(

But thats just me I am a weakling :)

I guess it will give incentive to people to not fight monsters that are too stong for them :P

Can you guys just implement it as a trial thing? (I mean if its not gonna be too much programming)

JaneMuffin

it would be cool if after a monster "looted" you, and they had ur stuff, you could go kill it and get the stuff back. so if someone sees that you just died to a garg for example, and they can kill it, they can go kill the garg and get your stuff