Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
scarr

Chess Event :d

Isnt that a little too big ?

Im sure that wil be a big chaos

This is a good idea, i dont know if anyone has seen this before in EL, but there used to be a game Called Archon & Archon Ultra on the Commodore 64 and other older machines probably even the original IBM AT. If someone still has a copy of it, they could get the ideas from that game. Basically it was chess board, but when 2 pieces collided you fought it out in battle on a map. Each unit obviously had different skills, strengths, and weakness's.

I never played this game, but if you would like to help with organizing this event I would really appreciate it :)

so.. when is this chezz game happening

The date is still not set because I dont have enough people signed up.

Isnt that a little too big ?

Im sure that wil be a big chaos

Yes it prolly will be a bit of a mess the first time, but we will try our best to have a good time ;) And hopefully next time it will be even better :)

JaneMuffin

Unless I messed with the EL files other than the Map file there is no way I can make the spaces smaller since that is the standard size for a square :-P. Anyways, you need some room to fight. It just depends on the coroperation of everyone.

count me in.

u can place me wherever u find necessary.

a/d p/c = 43/44 26/37

-kat

I will be strategy person for a team

Don't really care which

(the strategy 1 who is pretty good at chess, not at EL stats)

I am ok with EL stats but... i would rather be the chess guy

Since whoever started the idea of this is long gone I will be doing a Checker Event with the map I made...details will be posted soon. ;-)

Checkers :D

167160[/snapback]

I am not gone!! :D I am still here, but I cant host the event now!! My ebul landlord sold our apartments and I have to move!! Condo Conversions suck! I dont have much time to play EL but I do get a few minutes in the morning to post on forums and a few minutes in the evenings to check in on EL.

ChatterBug, If you need any items for prizes or any help PM me here and I will be glad to help.

I will post on the correct thread and let everyone know when I will be back and all that stuff :P

JaneMuffin

Edited by JaneMuffin

I wasen't realy planing on doing prizes since...I don't know who i woudl award prizes too...but sure i'll pm you for help. now that i'm out of school i have too much time on my hands lol.

bah, u can never have too much time when school is out :D

i just suck all my free time in and enjoy it as much as possible cuz i know that a new year of dreaded school will be on its way sooner then you think.

-kat

glad to participate under 1 conditon (didnt see this earlier)

death bags returned? im not wearing a mirror cape with the chance to loose it(and no...its not worth wasting a rostogol of either)

also, as an idea to make sure big people don't cheat, everyone must deposit something and if they like go kill everyone they loose it

some other cool ideas

maybe temporarily people on each team could be put in seperate guilds (and put back after the game) so strategy could be discussed in #gm and stuff, and you couldnt accidently (or on purpose!) kill someone on your own team

count me in though, black team plz i dont have an fr cape

EDIT: Place me wherever neccesary, current stats VERY close to being 30/30/14/18

Edited by freddycarrot825

lmao ye i win always at chess :rolleyes: :S

i heard that you are also pro tho shiv? :(

Edited by Zaer

i'm still in if it will happen as well...

give me any position, it doesn't matter.

if you are going by a/d p/c lvls mine are (atm) 46/48 30/38

however if this does take place in July i probably will not be able to join in cuz i will only be around 1 week in July :(

-kat

^O_o

Anyway, I'll sign up, 37/38/20/26-a/d/p/c.

I was thinking that we have No armor because it would really suck to lose it all when playing a game such as this....maybe just a symbolic piece such as the capes? but it could be unbalanced when fighting, the black pieces have mirror capes, the white ones have only FR :/ so we need to think up something that can act as a good piece symbol.

I'm semi-good at chess. Can throw any average Joe away but any genius that comes along makes quick work of me. :blush: Just a question though..

How will checkmating work? Same as a regular engagement? Would look pretty embarrassing to see a king take a queen. :mellow: