Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
scarr

Chess Event :d

i would like to play with my other character (asssasin1) but the only thing he is week enough for is the queen ;) (63 attack 67 defense physique 26 coordination 28)

i would like to play with my other character (asssasin1) but the only thing he is week enough for is the queen  ;) (63 attack 67 defense physique 26 coordination 28)

163294[/snapback]

assasin1 has a Melee average of 35.4, so he's a pawn.

Great idea! Seems I can be pawn - great then - I will be pawn (will die very quick, but what the hell - great fun is most important).

You could find worth considering, if there is enough ppl, making two groups (one with experienced pkers and second with lower skills).

what? pawns can be in the 60's in a/d? thats kinda messed up  :ph34r:

163344[/snapback]

Since what we need most are pawns (and there is alot of players in this range of melee average) the formula will not be changed.

Now I suggest you train a bit more and get a melee average of above 40 if you wanna be something else :D

(EDIT) Hay why not try to be a King? :)

Yeah, the ranges need to be lowered again, or the formula changed.

Although your idea about changing them before was good, I cannot change them anymore. Lets try it this way, and if it does not work out then the next game will reflect different melee averages :)

Trial and error :)

JaneMuffin

Edited by JaneMuffin

I will volunteer to be a pawn as long as I am online... just tell me when and where. Also I know my way around map editor a little but I'm not that great, so I might be able to make a map and then you can see if you can have a mod make it pkable, or make the participants pkable so the spectators dont get hurt. I'll see what i can do on the map editor and see if i can get you a map made with squares on it.

I dont think giving the stronger characters better armor is a good idea.

Maybe Hazor could help us here with designing White and Black Helms to show each peice?

And maybe we can get Labrat to make it so that the client shows them all?

JaneMuffin

i shall get pwned by the pawn muhuhhahahahahaha

Yeah I think that lower lvl fighters should be the higher lvl players so they are omre vulnerable but they get better armor. I think armor should be provided and the armor provided used as prizes.

black pieces must wear mirror cloak and white pieces a fr cloak :P

Edited by Lord_Vermor

white pieces must wear mirror cloak and white pieces a fr cloak :P

164561[/snapback]

You mean black wears mirror, white wears FR?

n00b :P

Remember that this is also actual combat. Pawns are the frontline troops. They don't just simply block, as in most chess games. They will also have to tackle much tougher opponents than themselves. And in a typical chess game, pawns are used to guard higher-level pieces as a threatened counter-attack. But that only works for normal chess. Human chess also has to take into account the relative strengths of the pawn versus the piece it's attacking. And of course, pawns can also be promoted to Queens and other pieces if they reach the end lines.

So, my advice to the strategists would be: be careful about your selection of pawns. They are a lot more important in Human Chess than normal chess. You'll have to decide whether you want your stronger fighters to be the higher-ranked pieces (for greater mobility in attack), or the lower-ranked pawns (for greater defensive capability).

-Lyn-

I thought about that Lyanna, but this first game is going to be mostly a test to see how its going to go. Right now, I have not had anyone PM me to help with Maps, commanding or fighting strategy, so as it stands now we wont be having a chess game.

JaneMuffin

You mean black wears mirror, white wears FR?

n00b :D

164565[/snapback]

I was just testing you ;)

Finished the Checkers map...surprise! surprise!

checkers.gif

Anyways, it has been put on KF near the VOTD entrance. The fence is just for decoration so that means you can go right though the fence. :P

Anyways, i'll be tyring to contact you jane

OMG chatterbug you rule!! I thought for sure no one was listening to me!! You ROCKZ!!! :D I love the map it looks great!! B)

JaneMuffin

I'm glad you like it ;)

I'll upload it to my personal server (to not waste bandwidth on my paid server) so everyone can get a hold of it. :blink:

EDIT: by the way, I made sure for it to have the same proportions/number of squares/color order as a checkers board...which I am pretty sure is the same as a chess board ;-)

Edited by chatterbug89

This is a good idea, i dont know if anyone has seen this before in EL, but there used to be a game Called Archon & Archon Ultra on the Commodore 64 and other older machines probably even the original IBM AT. If someone still has a copy of it, they could get the ideas from that game. Basically it was chess board, but when 2 pieces collided you fought it out in battle on a map. Each unit obviously had different skills, strengths, and weakness's.