Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Damned_Angel

The Night Of The Shadowcaster

First of all i want to underline that English is not my native language, and it is possible that my story to have some grammar and vocabulary problems. Please help me edit it. Also i might have mistaken some gods' names. Thank you. Now the story...

The night of the shadowcaster

As the tale of the shadowcaster long faded in the hands of time, people of Seridia forgot about The Great Pyramid of Eladria, which once, stood still, within the very heart of the Morcraven Forests. As time has passed, only the high initiates of Eladria’s Secret Council know that in just one night, that wonder of the ancient times was turn to ashes by the most powerful elemental storm the wold has ever seen. Many, too many nights have passed since that moment, and year after year the water, the wind, the fire and the earth finised the work of the destroing storm, covering the ruins and buring them in the depths of what we now know as the marsh of Morcraven.

Each year, in the first day of the winter, the members of Eladria’s Council gather in a secret location to worship their godess, to remember the past and to uncover the future. At the end of the ritual, the high Priest, opens a silver box, from which he takes 2 black crystals. By inserting them into a strange device, a vortex of power is created that links all those present there. In that way, each one has access to the ancient knowledge and can deposit there all the things he finds important for the future. When the vortex is closed, the High Priest puts the crystals back in the box, and using the power of antimatter hides it within another dimension.

Then the best of the disciples is asked to come and he is told the story of Ariel, the great priestess of Eladria that saved the ancient alchemy knowledge from the wrath of Mortos’s High Priest, Decebaal. “One day, a strange messager came and asked for an audience with the Great Priestess, saying that he bears a message from Mortos, the God of the Gods, the ruler of the world. Ariel knew that this moment will come, she was prepared for everything. In her soul she was in a way happy, because two of the Temple’s alchemists that left the pyramid long time ago with 2 crystals of knowledge send her a message that they have reached a new continent, where, using the new essence of antimatter, they have hidden the precious knowledge from the eyes of Mortos, focused in that time only on the battle with Aluwen’s forces.

With her mission accomplished, she received the messager of Mortos, who proved to be the high priest himself, the powerful Decebaal. “I come to claim your knowledge for my powerfull god’s weapons. Join us or dissapear forever under the feet of Mortosâ€, said Decebaal, then proudly look into her eyes. “First of allâ€, she said, “let me welcome you as a guest Decebaal. Since our gods aren’t enemies, please take a seatâ€. “I want your answer now, Arielâ€, replied Decebaal. “You gave me your knowledge or not?†“The knowledge of alchemy is not mine to give Decebaalâ€, said the priestess. “Then all of you shall die like the restâ€, said the high priest, turning around and leaving the quarters. Smiling, Ariel asked for the members of the Council to join her in the room of shadows. Everyone knew that this was the end, and slowly, she looked at each of them and released an anitmatter essence over the thousands of essences gathered there since the ancient times. Decebaal did not had the time to leave the temple and didn’t had the time to understand what killed him.

Those who passed trough Morcraven said, many years from the storm, that at night strange shadows are wandering trough the region. No one knew their origin so they thought, that somewhere in the marsh, there is a strange shadowcaster that tryies to speak eiter with the alchemists from Eladria’s church, eiter with the warrior of Mortos that died in the storm… Maybe the initiated alchemists now the answer…

Edited by Damned_Angel

can a proofreader/editor please go over this ASAP?

also, to story heads/admin as antimatter is a somewhat advanced scientifical issue, will it work okay as used here?

Significant editing. I removed the instances of "antimatter" If the author does not like what I have done, please let me know.

It could do with another person reading over looking for errors, Im not perfect in editing :hehe:

The Night of the Shadowcaster

As the tale of the Shadowcaster long faded in the hands of time, people of Seridia forgot about The Great Pyramid of Eladria, which once, stood still, within the very heart of the Morcraven Forests. As time has passed, only the high initiates of Eladria’s Secret Council knew that in just one night, that wonder of the ancient times was turned to ashes by the most powerful elemental storm the world has ever seen. Many, many nights have passed since that moment, and year after year the water, the wind, the fire and the earth finished the work of the destroying storm, covering the ruins and burying them in the depths of what we now know as the marsh of Morcraven.

Each year, in the first day of the winter, the members of Eladria’s Council gather in a secret location to worship their goddess, to remember the past and to uncover the future. At the end of the ritual, the high Priest opens a silver box, from which he takes two black crystals. By inserting them into a strange device, a vortex of power is created that links all those present there. In that way, each one has access to the ancient knowledge and can deposit there all the things he finds important for the future. When the vortex is closed, the High Priest puts the crystals back in the box, and using the power of his forerunners hides it within another dimension.

Then the best of the disciples is asked to come and he is told the story of Ariel, the great priestess of Eladria that saved the ancient alchemy knowledge from the wrath of Mortos’s High Priest, Decebaal.

“One day, a strange messenger came and asked for an audience with the Great Priestess, saying that he bears a message from Mortos, the God of the Gods, the ruler of the world. Ariel knew that this moment will come, she was prepared for everything. In her soul she was happy in a way, because two of the Temple’s alchemists that left the pyramid a long time ago with two crystals of knowledge sent her a message that they have reached a new continent, where, using the new knowledge they had acquired, they had hidden the precious knowledge from the eyes of Mortos, focused in that time only on the battle with Aluwen’s forces.

With her mission accomplished, she received the messenger of Mortos, who proved to be the high priest himself, the powerful Decebaal. “I come to claim your knowledge for my powerful god’s weapons. Join us or disappear forever under the feet of Mortosâ€, said Decebaal, then proudly look into her eyes. “First of allâ€, she said, “let me welcome you as a guest Decebaal. Since our gods aren’t enemies, please take a seatâ€. “I want your answer now, Arielâ€, replied Decebaal. “Will you give me your knowledge or not?â€

“The knowledge of alchemy is not mine to give Decebaalâ€, said the priestess. “Then all of you shall die like the restâ€, said the high priest, turning around and leaving the quarters. Smiling, Ariel asked for the members of the Council to join her in the room of shadows. Everyone knew that this was the end, and slowly, she looked at each of them nodding, they knew what they must do, focusing all the power they had into one spell, they destroyed the temple of Aluwen! Decebaal did not have the time to leave the temple and did not have the time to understand what killed him.

Those who passed through Morcraven said, many years from the storm, that at night strange shadows are wandering trough the region. No one knew their origin so they thought, that somewhere in the marsh, there is a strange Shadowcaster that tries to speak either with the alchemists from Eladria’s church, or with the warrior of Mortos that died in the storm… Maybe the initiated alchemists know the answer…

Thanks Brom. Damn_Angel, could you get back to us soon on okaying/declining the changes? I would love to get this converted so it can be ready to be placed in game.

Thanks.

Significant editing. I removed the instances of "antimatter" If the author does not like what I have done, please let me know.

It could do with another person reading over looking for errors, Im not perfect in editing :P

As the tale of the Shadowcaster long faded in the hands of time, people of Seridia forgot about The Great Pyramid of Eladria, which once, stood still, within the very heart of the Morcraven Forests. As time has passed, only the high initiates of Eladria’s Secret Council knew that in just one night, that wonder of the ancient times was turned to ashes by the most powerful elemental storm the world has ever seen. Many, many nights have passed since that moment, and year after year the water, the wind, the fire and the earth finished the work of the destroying storm, covering the ruins and burying them in the depths of what we now know as the marsh of Morcraven.

Each year, in the first day of the winter, the members of Eladria’s Council gather in a secret location to worship their goddess, to remember the past and to uncover the future.  At the end of the ritual, the high Priest opens a silver box, from which he takes two black crystals. By inserting them into a strange device, a vortex of power is created that links all those present there. In that way, each one has access to the ancient knowledge and can deposit there all the things he finds important for the future. When the vortex is closed, the High Priest puts the crystals back in the box, and using the power of his forerunners hides it within another dimension.

Then the best of the disciples is asked to come and he is told the story of Ariel, the great priestess of Eladria that saved the ancient alchemy knowledge from the wrath of Mortos’s High Priest, Decebaal.

“One day, a strange messenger came and asked for an audience with the Great Priestess, saying that he bears a message from Mortos, the God of the Gods, the ruler of the world. Ariel knew that this moment will come, she was prepared for everything. In her soul she was happy in a way, because two of the Temple’s alchemists that left the pyramid a long time ago with two crystals of knowledge sent her a message that they have reached a new continent, where, using the new knowledge they had acquired, they had hidden the precious knowledge from the eyes of Mortos, focused in that time only on the battle with Aluwen’s forces.

With her mission accomplished, she received the messenger of Mortos, who proved to be the high priest himself, the powerful Decebaal. “I come to claim your knowledge for my powerful god’s weapons. Join us or disappear forever under the feet of Mortosâ€, said Decebaal, then proudly look into her eyes. “First of allâ€, she said, “let me welcome you as a guest Decebaal. Since our gods aren’t enemies, please take a seatâ€. “I want your answer now, Arielâ€, replied Decebaal. “Will you give me your knowledge or not?â€

“The knowledge of alchemy is not mine to give Decebaalâ€, said the priestess. “Then all of you shall die like the restâ€, said the high priest, turning around and leaving the quarters.  Smiling, Ariel asked for the members of the Council to join her in the room of shadows. Everyone knew that this was the end, and slowly, she looked at each of them nodding, they knew what they must do, focusing all the power they had into one spell, they destroyed the temple of Aluwen! Decebaal did not have the time to leave the temple and did not have the time to understand what killed him.

Those who passed through Morcraven said, many years from the storm, that at night strange shadows are wandering trough the region. No one knew their origin so they thought, that somewhere in the marsh, there is a strange Shadowcaster that tries to speak either with the alchemists from Eladria’s church, or with the warrior of Mortos that died in the storm… Maybe the initiated alchemists know the answer…

181984[/snapback]

The work of Brom is amazing. Thank you bud for this. I love it. Only 1 edit to be made. In the 4th paragraph - Aluwen to be replaced with Eladria since the action was taking place there and the story itself is dedicated to the Godess of Alch.

So Brom you did a wonderful job, and yes Quinticus - you can start converting it so it can be ready to be placed in game. Only with a single remarque. "The Night of the Shadowcaster" by Damned_Angel and Brom

Edited by Damned_Angel

by Damned_Angel and Brom

Each year, in the first day of the winter, the members of Eladria’s Council gather in a secret location to worship their goddess, to remember the past and to uncover the future. At the end of the ritual, the high Priest opens a silver box, from which he takes two black crystals. By inserting them into a strange device, a vortex of power is created that links all those present there. In that way, each one has access to the ancient knowledge and can deposit there all the things he finds important for the future. When the vortex is closed, the High Priest puts the crystals back in the box, and using the power of his forerunners hides it within another dimension.

“The knowledge of alchemy is not mine to give Decebaalâ€, said the priestess. “Then all of you shall die like the restâ€, said the high priest, turning around and leaving the quarters. Smiling, Ariel asked for the members of the Council to join her in the room of shadows. Everyone knew that this was the end, and slowly, she looked at each of them nodding, they knew what they must do, focusing all the power they had into one spell, they destroyed the temple of Eladria! Decebaal did not have the time to leave the temple and did not have the time to understand what killed him.

I refuse to have my name on it. I just edited. Ive edited a lot and my name is already in the game :( Good work Damned Angel.

Changes I've made: a few rewrites that I think make sentances flow better, without changing intent. Not much was needed though

lots more newlines

a couple of tense changes (present/past tense)

eladria -> elandria

Morcraven Forest -> Forest of Shadows (that was the forest in what's not morcraven marsh)

and removing Brom from the author line 8^P

if the changes are fine, we can send this on to final checking, otherwise let me know if you want anything else done, or want something changed back

by Damned_Angel

As the tale of the Shadowcaster has long faded in the hands of time, the people of Seridia have forgotten about The Great Pyramid of Elandria; which once stood high, within the very heart of the Forest of Shadows.

As time has passed, only the high initiates of Elandria’s Secret Council know that in just one night, that wonder of the ancient times was turned to ashes by the most powerful elemental storm the world has ever seen.

Many, many nights have passed since that moment, and year after year the water, the wind, the fire and the earth have finished the work of the devastating storm, covering the ruins and burying them in the depths of what we now know as the marsh of Morcraven.

Each year, in the first day of the winter, the members of Elandria’s Council gather in a secret location to worship their goddess, to remember the past and to uncover the future. At the end of the ritual, the high Priest opens a silver box, from which he takes two black crystals. By inserting them into a strange device, a vortex of power is created that links all those present. In this moment, each one has access to the ancient knowledge and can deposit there all he finds important for the future. When the vortex is closed, the High Priest returns the crystals to the box, and, using the power of his forerunners, hides it within magic itself.

Then the best of the disciples is asked to come forward, and he is told the story of Ariel, the great priestess of Elandria that saved the ancient alchemy knowledge from the wrath of Mortos’s High Priest, Decebaal.

“One day, a strange messenger came and asked for an audience with the Great Priestess, saying that he bears a message from Mortos, the God of the Gods, the ruler of the world. Ariel knew that this moment will come, she was prepared for everything. In her soul she was happy in a way, because two of the Temple’s alchemists who had left the pyramid a long time ago with two crystals of knowledge sent her a message that they have reached a new continent, where, using the new knowledge they had acquired, they had hidden the precious knowledge from the eyes of Mortos, focused in that time only on the battle with Aluwen’s forces.

With her mission accomplished, she received the messenger of Mortos, who proved to be the high priest himself, the powerful Decebaal.

“I come to claim your knowledge for my powerful god’s weapons. Join us or disappear forever under the feet of Mortosâ€, said Decebaal, then proudly look into her eyes.

“First of allâ€, she said, “let me welcome you as a guest Decebaal. Since our gods aren’t enemies, please take a seatâ€

“I want your answer now, Arielâ€, replied Decebaal. “Will you give me your knowledge or not?â€

“The knowledge of alchemy is not mine to give Decebaalâ€, said the priestess.

“Then all of you shall die like the restâ€, said the high priest, turning around and leaving the quarters. Smiling, Ariel asked for the members of the Council to join her in the room of shadows. Everyone knew that this was the end, and slowly, she looked at each of them nodding, they knew what they must do, focusing all the power they had into one spell, they destroyed the temple of Elandria! Decebaal did not have the time to leave the temple and did not have the time to understand what killed him.

Those who passed through Morcraven said, many years from the storm, that at night strange shadows are wandering through the region.

No one knew their origin, so they thought that somewhere in the marsh, there is a strange Shadowcaster that tries to speak either with the alchemists from Elandria’s church, or with the warrior of Mortos that died in the storm… Maybe the initiated alchemists know the answer…

You know we can have an editors line too...like:

Written by: Damned_Angel

Edited by: Brom

...or jsut have an editors section listing separate? To give credit to all the editors? It could go on the storyline & volunteers pages.

I would think that having an editor's page would be easiest. Since there will be 3 editors checking this particular story. Ttlanhil, Brom, and I have or are going to take a look at it.

And if listing an editor is essential to the book itself, then i would suggest adding a line:

Edited by: Eternal Lands Publishing Team

Edited by Quinticus

I was planning on working a bit more on the team itself after 102, when we have a bit more time(one of the things i'd really like to do is a weekly or so newspaper... we have the ability to do this in 102 as well)

not just on the current team, but also write a bit about how other people can help out; casual proofreading, writing for the seridian times, that sort of thing

getting to this stage will also include listing the team, past and present... having similar on the volunteers page is a good idea too though

Agreed and i'm there with ya ttlanhil. Though, i've been thinking on trying to recruite befor 102 in order to lighten the load. As it is right now, though, it's difficult to see the forest from the trees. I guess i'll wait until friday to see what's going on...I wish it was possible to know exactly when 102 will be released, but it's impossible to tell at this point (from my perspective).

Im on several teams that would normally mean I know when it will be released, but no luck here :P a week or 2. When the errors die down in the test server (My guess is a week) I am more of a casual proofreader. Im not the best editor in the world but everything helps. If there were more people like me that would be grand :P

About the newspaper idea. Remember what happened to the last team that wrote a newspaper :P haha! But Im in. Ill even write some articles!!

Edited by Brom

Im on several teams that would normally mean I know when it will be released, but no luck here ;) a week or 2. When the errors die down in the test server (My guess is a week)  I am more of a casual proofreader. Im not the best editor in the world but everything helps. If there were more people like me that would be grand :wub:

About the newspaper idea. Remember what happened to the last team that wrote a newspaper :P haha! But Im in. Ill even write some articles!!

183652[/snapback]

Guys you did an amazing job. For me is just perfect.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<book title="Night of the Shadowcaster">
  <page>
     <title>Night of the Shadowcaster</title>
     <author>Damned_Angel</author>
  </page>
  <page>
     <text>As the tale of the Shadowcaster has long faded in the hands of time, the people of Seridia have forgotten about The Great Pyramid of Elandria; which once stood high, within the very heart of the Forest of Shadows.
As time has passed, only the high initiates of Elandria's Secret Council know that in just one night, that wonder of the ancient times was turned to ashes by the most powerful elemental storm the world has ever seen.
Many, many nights have passed since that moment, and year after year the water, the wind, the fire and the earth have finished the work of the devastating storm, covering the ruins and burying them in the depths of what we now know as the marsh of Morcraven.

Each year, in the first day of the winter, the members of Elandria's Council gather in a secret location to worship their goddess, to remember the past and to uncover the future. At the end of the ritual, the high Priest opens a silver box, from which he takes two black crystals. By inserting them into a strange device, a vortex of power is created that links all those present. In this moment, each one has access to the ancient knowledge and can deposit there all he finds important for the future. When the vortex is closed, the High Priest returns the crystals to the box, and, using the power of his forerunners, hides it within magic itself.

Then the best of the disciples is asked to come forward, and he is told the story of Ariel, the great priestess of Elandria that saved the ancient alchemy knowledge from the wrath of Mortos's High Priest, Decebaal.
"One day, a strange messenger came and asked for an audience with the Great Priestess, saying that he bears a message from Mortos, the God of the Gods, the ruler of the world. Ariel knew that this moment will come, she was prepared for everything. In her soul she was happy in a way, because two of the Temple's alchemists who had left the pyramid a long time ago with two crystals of knowledge sent her a message that they have reached a new continent, where, using the new knowledge they had acquired, they had hidden the precious knowledge from the eyes of Mortos, focused in that time only on the battle with Aluwen's forces.

With her mission accomplished, she received the messenger of Mortos, who proved to be the high priest himself, the powerful Decebaal.
"I come to claim your knowledge for my powerful god's weapons. Join us or disappear forever under the feet of Mortos", said Decebaal, then proudly look into her eyes.
"First of all", she said, "let me welcome you as a guest Decebaal. Since our gods aren't enemies, please take a seat"
"I want your answer now, Ariel", replied Decebaal. "Will you give me your knowledge or not?"
"The knowledge of alchemy is not mine to give Decebaal", said the priestess.
"Then all of you shall die like the rest", said the high priest, turning around and leaving the quarters. Smiling, Ariel asked for the members of the Council to join her in the room of shadows. Everyone knew that this was the end, and slowly, she looked at each of them nodding, they knew what they must do, focusing all the power they had into one spell, they destroyed the temple of Elandria! Decebaal did not have the time to leave the temple and did not have the time to understand what killed him.

Those who passed through Morcraven said, many years from the storm, that at night strange shadows are wandering through the region.
No one knew their origin, so they thought that somewhere in the marsh, there is a strange Shadowcaster that tries to speak either with the alchemists from Elandria's church, or with the warrior of Mortos that died in the storm... Maybe the initiated alchemists know the answer...</text>
  </page>
</book>

bookified as it was above. ready for final approval and .def addition