Eternal Lands Official Forums
Quinticus

Map Editor Bug Reports

Figured out first part. Though, in 3D ground tiles, the BACK in the middle of the bar is missing. Can i fix this or should does developers?

Edited by Quinticus

Figured out first part.  Though, in 3D ground tiles, the BACK in the middle of the bar is missing.  Can i fix this or should does developers?

154743[/snapback]

um..i have no idea what you mean, can you explain more?

um..i have no idea what you mean, can you explain more?

155441[/snapback]

Sorry when i edited the original post, i got rid of more information than i intended.

what i'm talking about is:

In the map editor itself, when one presses Ctrl-B to bring up the browser, there are several windows that are lacking the BACK wording on the right. I was very confused when i first started using it and the BACK wasn't there. I didn't know how to go back from where i came.

Does this make a little more sence? or should i elaborate more. Sorry for not being clear. :rolleyes::D

With the updated editor:  the M key no longer brings up the map...was the tutorial updated as well with a new list of keys?

160831[/snapback]

Scuse me?

Works for me...

Wait. Do you press M or m? Is Caps Lock on by chance?

Scuse me?

Works for me...

Wait. Do you press M or m? Is Caps Lock on by chance?

160846[/snapback]

'twas it...didn't realize it was case sensitive nor that it was on. Thanks grum!

'twas it...didn't realize it was case sensitive

160854[/snapback]

Well, neither did I until you got me experimenting :o And you're welcome :)

just a little warning to everyone, if you use the black 3D ground title once you put it down you can't move it or delete it. I have told roja about this bug and i think she is fixing it, so fornow save you map before you put it down just incase you place it in the wrong place

When you are using the fill effect in heightmap mode, shift+clicking on a tile that has the same height set as the one you are trying to lay down, will close the map editor :P .

*blink*

I'll go check.

EDIT: can't reproduce. anyone else experiencing this ?

Edited by Grum

yeah it does the same thing for me, just open a new map (so all the tiles are 0.00 then chose the ieght map then the 0.00 one and hold shift and click

be preperd to say goodbye to Mr.Map editor

Open heightmap mode, open the height choices box and click any height. Then click another height, the new height will be selected but the old height will be on the ground tile that was under where you clicked in the box. This is annoying when switching back and forth between unwalkable and 0 where using insert and delete to switch takes a while. The only way to prevent this is to right click to take the original off then click on the second one.

I am so used to moving with shift+mouse, that I had to resort to the auto-saves many times :angry:

Hopefully you can reproduce the error.

Edited by Quall

yes, it happens to me sometimes as well, and not just by shift+clicking, it happens when you least sxpect it, so I had to re-do some bit of my maps many times.

For some reason tile31 is a bad object, and and in the ctrl menu, "pestle" is blank. It doesn't show the object in the window.

I can't use the one with the update, because libgtk-win32-2.0-0.dll was not found.

I can't use the one with the update, because libgtk-win32-2.0-0.dll was not found.

that one should not have gone out. grab the one from Map Editor, download the newest version & info here!

and everyone please tell people who complain about missing DLLs to get the version from that link ^_^

Everytime I save my map, when it completes save, it closes the window and it doesn't save AT ALL. it basicly deletes it, what is going on?

Is the map editor source in berlios gonna be updated or is it considered dead? Hasn't been touched in almost a year and it's terribly outof date with the client, I can't even begin to think where to sync it :)

There is no one to program it, so it's dead until someone picks up the project. And honestly, by the time someone does, the game will be complete :)

I have a little problem with ins key used to change z pos of objects. This key does no more exist on Newer Logitech Keyboards and unfortunaly Ins key in keypad dont work with the mapeditor.

Is it possible to redefine ins key in mapedit.ini ? And if yes what is the line to insert ?