Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ChangeYourName

The Path Of A Warrior

The path of a Warrior

I wasn’t aware of how I found this land or why I stayed but nevertheless the times I have spent here are filled with adventures which I will remember for the rest of my life. Some of course were more memorable then others. One in particular is the story I wish to tell you all today. This is my story. It may not be much but it happened to me and I need to let someone know this story before I am gone.

I suppose it all started the day I took the ship from my homeland to island prima. I watched as men and women alike, dressed in their strange battle gear, stabbed at rabbits and deer and took their meat and fur. I wondered to myself: what in the world were these people doing to these poor animals. I don’t know what kind of sick place this is but where I come from actions like these are looked down on. Not wanting to cause a scene I tried to blend in and not be noticed. Seeing what they do to rabbits that don’t even bother them I didn’t think they would look too kindly on someone who was trying to speak out against such cruelty. I decided to lay low and try to find someone who wasn’t abusing helpless animals.

At this point I think I should mention that I myself have a sickness. I suppose I shouldn’t judge abusers of animals since I left my hometown because I can’t stop chasing women. I see one and then all I can think of is how I am going to conquer this woman. I suppose it is something that I was born with I don’t want to be this way it is just how I am. I suppose it isn’t really a sickness but more of a typical male syndrome. I would someday like to settle down and do the whole kid thing. I just want to enjoy the years when I am still young.

Of course, when I saw the fist woman who wasn’t dressed to kill I approached her and asked about the animal bashing. What in the world, are they doing to those animals I asked her? She looked at me as if I had lost my mind and walked away muttering something under her breath of which I could only make out the word noob. What a b*&5h I thought to myself and glanced over at the next woman who was near by. Hello there miss can you tell me what is going on here I asked. They kill those animals and take what they drop to sell to others or they keep them to use for other things she explained. Like a rabbit pillow, I asked. Yeah something like that she said as the flashed me a smile. I think this one likes me so I asked if I could follow her around to see what it is that a typical day is like in this land. She accepted and I followed behind her so I could get a good view of her.

Now people do many things in this land. Some people like to fight and build up their strength while others just like to make things and sell them to others for pure profit she explained. Is that what you do I asked. Yeah it sure is….someday I will have enough money for my own house and pet puma she said. That’s nice I sure think I like this better then smashing rabbits I said trying to be amusing.

It went on like this for some time, hours and hours that turned to days and days, until I believe I knew all about these lands and what it was these people did. I think this land is exciting and even more exciting then the land is the new woman I have met. We walked for a while until we came across a rough looking man with a sinister look on his face. Hello Shivar she said with a frown. How are you doing Amber…..who’s your friend he said while looking at me with a cold stare. Why we just met she told him. I’m sorry I never got your name. It is she asked? Jipomax I said. Shivar laughed and told me what a weird name I had. I think it is a nice name said Amber. This didn’t seem to please this guy and he looked at me as if I had assaulted his own mother. Well, he said it sure is nice to meet you Jipomax. How long have you been here you look new to the land he said. Not long I told him. Well let me show you around then Jipo Shivar said with a grin. Thanks but Amber is showing me around today I mentioned. Nonsense she doesn’t know anything about fighting or building skills which every man needs to survive he told me. Come let me show you around a little bit then the two of you can get back to learning about how to sew and all the other exiting things Amber does. I figured it couldn’t hurt and that maybe Amber would be more impressed by a man who could kill his own rabbit. Amber do you mind if we go with him for a little to see what he has to show us I asked? I guess not she said looking scared. Splendid, Shivar lit up like a child who just got his fist toy. Come let me show you what men do in these lands he giggled.

We walked for some time all the while Shivar told us tales of the people he had killed and the strength that he had gotten from killing these men. He talked and talked and then he talked some more. Occasionally I glanced at Amber to see her rolling her eyes and mouthing the words that appeared to be a combination of jack and ass. This continued until we got to a place, which seemed to make Amber very nervous. Grasping my hand she stopped walking and looked up at Shivar and yelled NO. What’s the matter Amber Shivar asked? You are not taking him in there you jerk; I know what it is you are planning. Excuse me Amber Shivar asked with a blank look on his face. You will not take Jipo into KF not while I am around, not him she cried. Oh dear Amber you have me all wrong I just want to show him what to look out for he said. Whatever you pig leave us alone now we don’t want to follow you anymore she told him.

I didn’t know it then but the place we were going was something the call a pk map, a place where people kill other people! I wish I knew it then, I wish a lot of things. If only I knew……

Amber as you can see we are already in KF and I haven’t done anything to him, yet he said while pulling a short sword from his boot. I looked around trying to see the rabbit or deer this man was going to kill but I didn’t see any at all. Now you will feel the wrath that is Shivar the man said. I wondered what this guy was talking about I thought at the time that he was coming on to me and I only like the ladies. While pondering this man’s words his sword drew ever so close no my heart. At the last second Amber had managed to get in-between his blade and myself. It pierced her heart instead that day, although I wish it had been my own. Noooo he shrieked as she fell to the ground. I couldn’t do anything couldn’t say anything although if I could have gotten it out it isn’t something fit for most ears. As he pulled the sword from her body he looked at me as if I had done this thing. You will pay for this nooblet he yelled.

I suppose it was his loud mouth that saved me that day and the thing that irritated me most about this man. For when he was yelling footsteps grew closer and soon there where men upon us. There where two men one an elderly man in a Viking helmet who looked like he hadn’t slept in over a year and the other a strange guy that had a little pet goat with braces O.o. Donpedro…..Shasso what are you two doing here he asked? It appears we should be asking you that Shivar Shasso told him. I don’t want any trouble Shivar said. Well you are gonna get trouble for you are my enemy and all enemies of mine will fall by my sword the old guy in the helmet said. With that Shivar ran away and I didn’t see him again till much later in my life. When we met again is a different story then the one I am telling today.

Shasso helped me carry Amber out of that horrible place and bury her body in a grave in a beautiful area far away from where it had happened. I spent a lot of time talking to this Shasso guy and learnt the real way of the warrior from him. I learned to fight, and I learned to do many things guys need to know to take care of themselves in these lands. One day when I was rich enough I built a house by her grave and I brought a puma skin that I had gotten from one that I had trained on. I put the skin on her gave and said to her that I knew it wasn’t the same as she had hoped for but it was the best I could do. Although she didn’t know it at the time she had changed me. She had made me a better man.

:o

..should have won :)

Edited by shasso

Edited copy

The Path of a Warrior

by Jipomax

I wasn’t aware of how I found this land or why I stayed, but nevertheless the times I have spent here are filled with adventures which I will remember for the rest of my life. Some, of course, were more memorable then others. One in particular is the story I wish to tell you all today. This is my story. It may not be much but it happened to me and I need to let someone know this story before I am gone.

I suppose it all started the day I took the ship from my homeland to Isla Prima. I watched as men and women alike, dressed in their strange battle gear, stabbed at rabbits and deer and took their meat and fur. I wondered to myself: what in the world were these people doing to these poor animals? I don’t know what kind of sick place this is but where I come from actions like these are looked down on. Not wanting to cause a scene I tried to blend in and not be noticed. Seeing what they did to rabbits that didn’t even bother them, I didn’t think they would look too kindly on someone who was trying to speak out against such cruelty. I decided to lay low and try to find someone who wasn’t abusing helpless animals.

At this point I think I should mention that I myself have a sickness. I suppose I shouldn’t judge abusers of animals since I left my hometown because I couldn’t stop chasing women. I see one and then all I can think of is how I am going to conquer this woman. I suppose it is something that I was born with... I don’t want to be this way, it is just how I am. I suppose it isn’t really a sickness but more of a typical male syndrome. I would someday like to settle down and do the whole kid thing. I just want to enjoy the years when I am still young.

Of course, when I saw the first woman who wasn’t dressed to kill I approached her and asked about the animal bashing. "What in the world are they doing to those animals?" I asked her. She looked at me as if I had lost my mind and walked away muttering something under her breath of which I could only make out the word "noob". What a b*&5h, I thought to myself and glanced over at the next woman who was nearby.

"Hello there, miss. Can you tell me what is going on here?" I asked.

"They kill those animals and take what they drop to sell to others or they keep them to use for other things," she explained.

"Like a rabbit pillow?" I asked.

"Yeah, something like that," she said as she flashed me a smile. I thought this one liked me so I asked if I could follow her around to see what a typical day was like in this land. She accepted and I followed behind her so I could get a good view of her.

"Now people do many things in this land. Some people like to fight and build up their strength while others just like to make things and sell them to others for pure profit," she explained.

"Is that what you do?" I asked.

"Yeah it sure is….someday I will have enough money for my own house and pet puma," she said.

"That’s nice. I sure think I like this better then smashing rabbits," I said, trying to be amusing. It went on like this for some time, hours and hours that turned to days and days, until I believed I knew all about these lands and what it was these people did. I thought this land was exciting, but even more exciting than the land was the new woman I had met. We walked for a while until we came across a rough-looking man with a sinister look on his face.

"Hello Shivar," she said with a frown.

"How are you doing Amber... who’s your friend?" he said while looking at me with a cold stare.

"Why we just met," she told him. "I’m sorry I never got your name. It is...?" she asked.

"Jipomax," I said. Shivar laughed and told me what a weird name I had.

"I think it is a nice name," said Amber. This didn’t seem to please this guy and he looked at me as if I had assaulted his own mother.

"Well," he said. "It sure is nice to meet you Jipomax. How long have you been here? You look new to the land," he said.

"Not long," I told him.

"Well let me show you around then Jipo," Shivar said with a grin.

"Thanks, but Amber is showing me around today," I mentioned.

"Nonsense. She doesn’t know anything about fighting or building skills which every man needs to survive," he told me. "Come, let me show you around a little bit... then the two of you can get back to learning about how to sew and all the other exciting things Amber does." I figured it couldn’t hurt and that maybe Amber would be more impressed by a man who could kill his own rabbit.

"Amber do you mind if we go with him for a little to see what he has to show us?" I asked.

"I guess not," she said, looking scared.

"Splendid," Shivar lit up like a child who just got his first toy. "Come, let me show you what men do in these lands," he giggled.

We walked for some time all the while Shivar told us tales of the people he had killed and the strength that he had gotten from killing these men. He talked and talked and then he talked some more. Occasionally I glanced at Amber to see her rolling her eyes and mouthing the words that appeared to be a combination of jack and ass. This continued until we got to a place, which seemed to make Amber very nervous. Grasping my hand she stopped walking and looked up at Shivar and yelled "NO!"

"What’s the matter Amber?" Shivar asked.

"You are not taking him in there you jerk; I know what it is you are planning."

"Excuse me Amber?" Shivar asked with a blank look on his face.

"You will not take Jipo into KF... not while I am around, not him," she cried.

"Oh dear Amber you have me all wrong - I just want to show him what to look out for," he said.

"Whatever, you pig! Leave us alone now... we don’t want to follow you anymore," she told him. I didn’t know it then but the place we were going was something they called a PK map, a place where people kill other people! I wish I had known it then, I wish a lot of things. If only I knew……

"Amber, as you can see, we are already in KF and I haven’t done anything to him... yet," he said while pulling a short sword from his boot. I looked around trying to see the rabbit or deer this man was going to kill but I didn’t see any at all. "Now you will feel the wrath that is Shivar!" the man said. I wondered what this guy was talking about. I thought at the time that he was coming on to me and I only like the ladies. While pondering this man’s words his sword drew ever so close to my heart. At the last second Amber had managed to get in-between his blade and myself. It pierced her heart instead that day, although I wish it had been my own.

"Noooo!" he shrieked as she fell to the ground. I couldn’t do anything couldn’t say anything although if I could have gotten it out it isn’t something fit for most ears. As he pulled the sword from her body he looked at me as if I had done this thing. "You will pay for this nooblet!" he yelled.

I suppose it was his loud mouth that saved me that day and the thing that irritated me most about this man. For when he was yelling footsteps grew closer and soon there were men upon us. There were two men - one an elderly man in a Viking helmet who looked like he hadn’t slept in over a year, and the other a strange guy that had a little pet goat with braces O.o.

"Donpedro, Shasso... what are you two doing here?" he asked.

"It appears we should be asking you that, Shivar," Shasso told him.

"I don’t want any trouble," Shivar said.

"Well you are gonna get trouble, for you are my enemy and all enemies of mine will fall by my sword," the old guy in the helmet said. With that Shivar ran away and I didn’t see him again till much later in my life. When we met again is a different story then the one I am telling today.

Shasso helped me carry Amber out of that horrible place and bury her body in a grave in a beautiful area far away from where it had happened. I spent a lot of time talking to this Shasso guy and learnt the real way of the warrior from him. I learned to fight, and I learned to do many things guys need to know to take care of themselves in these lands. One day when I was rich enough I built a house by her grave and I brought a puma skin that I had gotten from one that I had trained on. I put the skin on her grave and said to her that I knew it wasn’t the same as she had hoped for but it was the best I could do. Although she didn’t know it at the time she had changed me. She had made me a better man.

====================================================

Lots of editing done, mostly formatting and punctuation. Do you want it published under ChangeYourName or Jipomax? This can't be published in-game, because the current game's story doesn't allow anyone to die, but we can put it into EL.net's fanfiction archives instead. Please check through it and see whether there's any last-minute changes you want to make before we publish it, jipo.

-Lyn-

Edited by Lyanna

Checked, and approved. Placid, if you read this, tell me what you need to put it into the EL.net fanfiction archives.

-Lyn-