Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Quinticus

Discusssion about War of the Gods

Yay :D

Will be so great to have his stories in the game :)

Hi all :(.

K I've read back through what I've done so far, centaur stuff needs finishing, the rest of it is finished but not fitted so if you give me a list of what needs changing (I haven't been playing I'll admit, so not sure what needs doing to it at this point) I'll be happy to have a go.

Welcome back, Saii! :D

Okay, the major plot points I need you to hit and the changes I need you to do are the following:

- Change Satyr/Gaia's name to Zarin straightaway. You might want to consider renaming the Satyr (race) then... but that's optional.

- There's a small misnomer with Tiral/Kaysel. Stick to Kaysel.

- Likewise, see if you can rewrite Derus into Iringold (but hold off on that for the moment... maybe I can convince Roja to change the name).

- Change most of the place names... I can give you Portland, Tirnym, Nordcarn, Naralik and Grubani, but try to refer to the other places by different names (if you put them in at all, that is).

- Plot: Selain steals the Orchans out from under Glydoc's nose.

- Plot: 1st continent is Seridia, 2nd continent is Irilion. Just for consistency.

- Plot: The Centaur and Satyr must be completely wiped out by the end (or aftermath) of the War.

- Plot: No wiping of the Lands/creating of Eternals at the end of the story, although the Gods DO make the decision to withdraw (at least temporarily). The races just have to rebuild from the devastation.

*To get a location of where and when your story takes place, read the Main EL story: link

Thanks! :)

-Lyn-

EDIT: I've updated the Gods' personalities and descriptions in this thread. See if you can work with them, or have any comments to make.

Edited by Lyanna

Okay Histories are updated (bar the answering of a couple of queries), will repost at the top of thread.

NB// Couple of questions/notes as I went along editing:

Histories:

I'll stick with Satyr, I know there's a sordid undercurrent for some people, but only if you already know about it (at which point it doesn't really matter now :D) and the fawn-like beings they represent in popular mythology is simply the most fitting for their tie-in with Zarin.

History:

- Iringold is fine, i only have to do a quick 'find and replace' on Lotus wordpro.

- Quite a biggie as far as the history is concerned, are the Dreagoni still going to be born from the blood of the dead dragon race now that we don't have Kayliana's story to back it up?

Gods:

- Are we still referring to the gods as Good/evil? Charisa's thread seemed to suggest so.

Battle of Portland:

- Can I use Isla Prima as the Aluwenist HQ?

- Pine Town? Valley of the Dwarves? Basically I'm not sure what you mean by saying I can only use Portland, Tirnym, Nordcarn, Naralik and Grubani, surely place names are fine as long as they are correct for the game? Unless some of them are only founded after the events I describe have taken place of course (in which case, what specific ones should I be looking out for?)

Edited by Saii

- Satyr is fine.

- Draegoni: Yes, they're the descendants of the Dragons, so that part of your history is fine. (Pssst... it's "Draegoni", not "Dreagoni")

- Gods: Well, I would say... good/evil/neutral on the most part (we need some moral frame of reference, after all), but there's a lot of grey area. Sometimes, Aluwen may do something in the pursuit of what she believes to be good, but that may actually be bad for the races, etc. None of them are entirely omniscient nor omnipotent, so there's room for error and personality quirks. But outright reference to good and evil is absent (unless speaking from a character that firmly believes it is so).

- Isla Prima: Okay.

- Towns: Yes, the main issue is that some of those have not been founded yet. The ones I've given you are the following: Tirnym is the homeland of the Elves, Nordcarn for the Dwarves, Grubani (then Naralik) for the Humans, Portland is a mix of all races, Pine Town (now known as Corren Town)... I would rather you leave out, since there's another story detailing it's founding. Tirnwood Vale exists as it is, but all of the settlements on the Whitestone map (02) have not been founded yet. The Valley of the Dwarves has not been named, neither has Tarsengaard, the Tahraji Desert, nor Kilaran. Basically, anything other than those settlements is pretty much empty land, or contains small towns that do not exist anymore.

(Maps of the continent can be found here: http://o.tfm.ro/ (Look in the "Maps, detailed" section)

Hope that helps.

-Lyn-

Right okay, so bar a spelling change for the Draegoni, the first two parts of the history (this thread, effectively) is done. The war of the gods will take a bit longer as I'll have to rewrite or completely rethink how I'm doing place names (It's gonna be difficult to explain where everything was laid out on the map without a geographical frame of reference until the battle of Portland itself), but shouldn't take too long as I've already done some of the editing in the course of doing this.

(Draegoni change: done)

edit: Actually, had a thought, would it be possible to have different names, then an editor's note in the text (from a future historian) explaining what these places are called now?

Edited by Saii

Yes, that's permissible. In fact, that's a brilliant idea! :) Go ahead with it, Saii.

-Lyn-