Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jakoblin

About Pickaxe Suggestion

maybe you should do what that one guy did...like in runescape lol but its a good idea but the time it takes to mine shouldnt be affected only they way it breaks lesser odds for diff levels, if u change how fast ur able to mine with a better pix...id just buy like 50 tit pixs and be set for a few weeks or months lol

..oh and if u like runescape so much..ya ..go do that

What I meant is: you didn't specify the difference between the three pickaxe types, and I suppose they should be different in prices and breakage rate. Since everyone hates delays, making different delays for each will just result in everyone buying the "fastest" pickaxe. Doesn't it make much more sense with breakage rates? A titanium pickaxe is more robust than an iron pickaxe, and thus breaks a lot less (untreated iron is quite brittle). Of course, for the higher quality you get, you should have to pay more, something like that:

_________|_breakage_rate_|_price__
iron     |     200%      |   60%
steel    |     100%      |  100%
titanium |      50%      |  300%

whereas the percentages denote biases to the current values. Additionally, if we do this, we could raise the breakage rates on titanium ore and diamonds significantly, so that you have to use titanium axes to be able to mine them sensibly, and lower the breakage rates for quartzes and iron so that you can mine them sensibly with an iron pickaxe as well.

With regards

Lachesis

lolll... how about we use runescape models aswel :>

Sounds like a good idea to me, it think a lot of harvesters would like the idea too. Lets face it, taking 10 picks can be a pain, and it takes up a lot of bag space. Having stronger picks for a much higher price sounds good, and it`ll add a little more cash to the economy. How bout actually making the picks?? Something else for manu`s to make and sell??

Making pickaxes is another issue, better defer this to another thread. Currently, they're not producable in order to provide money sinks, and if we add new ones we should stick with this unless we decided to revise the EL economical system elsewhere.

just like runescape

i think it shoudl be the same ..  the same price as in runescape an the same breakage rate as runescape.

161678[/snapback]

Why don't we just change the name to runescape and make the entire game exactly the same as runescape? :^)

Why don't we just change the name to runescape and make the entire game exactly the same as runescape? :^)

162867[/snapback]

Because that's already been done, and we can do better!

nothing wrong with appropriating ideas from other games, though the frequency that the 'other game' is runescape tends to be too high

nothing wrong with appropriating ideas from other games, though the frequency that the 'other game' is runescape tends to be too high

162877[/snapback]

I agree fully, ttl, which is why most of my ideas are UO-spawned... :P

Making pickaxes is silly IMO. There should be certain items that should only be buyable (Who makes spirit essences? They are a great way of taking money from the economy).

Otherwise, I think this idea makes sense. Lachesis' fail rates work well too.

Making pickaxes is silly IMO.

163019[/snapback]

Yeah...

Make pickaxes makeable and you'll soon end up with making thread from animal bladders.

Yeah...

Make pickaxes makeable and you'll soon end up with making thread from animal bladders.

163054[/snapback]

Exactly. It has to stop somewhere :D

Yeah...

163054[/snapback]

Who would do that?

No, what we need is sheep. And knitting needles.

162877[/snapback]

i was not serious, i was asking him why if he is so intrested in making the game runescape why he doesnt just go play runescape

hmm, eternal lands vs runescape:

they are both rpgs

they are both fantasy themed

they both try to give people something else to do besides fight

they both run into the same problems and ideas it seems...

I dont think it is possible. You can only have one item that needs to be used to harvest them, so you cant have make it so you need 2 or having it have either this or that

I dont think it is possible. You can only have one item that needs to be used to harvest them, so you cant have make it so you need 2 or having it have either this or that

167106[/snapback]

why not? the devs could set that up if they wanted to

why not? the devs could set that up if they wanted to

167112[/snapback]

Currently it isn't setup to handle having optional items, just possible to require having multiple ones.

Currently it isn't setup to handle having optional items, just possible to require having multiple ones.

167122[/snapback]

ahh

I'm sure it could be changed, but there's probably other things to do that give better benefits too :ph34r:

Instead of having a titanium pickaxe break less often, how about having it become damaged first, then breaking? With the same chance of a "hit" on the pickaxe occurring, but having the better pickaxe being able to sustain more hits? This way the random harvesting event system doesn't need to be revised much (just a change in one of the possible messages).

Making pickaxes is another issue, better defer this to another thread. Currently, they're not producable in order to provide money sinks, and if we add new ones we should stick with this unless we decided to revise the EL economical system elsewhere.

161849[/snapback]

Having to buy new pickaxes periodically does not provide much of a "money sink" really. Most hours I spend harvesting I lose at most 1 pickaxe (2 is very rare, and 3 has never happened to me) and many hours I don't lose any. In the space of 5-10 minutes you can earn enough to buy a dozen pickaxes by just harvesting flowers. So it's really a non-issue. Either you spend time raising money to buy pickaxes, or you spend time making them.

It works the same either way... in fact, I think in the long run it would probably be better for you money wise to just harvest and buy, because manufacturing metal items is always time consuming. If a pickaxe required 1 iron bar to make, then buying them is cheaper anyway.

Hap_Loder

Having to buy new pickaxes periodically does not provide much of a "money sink" really.  Most hours I spend harvesting I lose at most 1 pickaxe (2 is very rare, and 3 has never happened to me) and many hours I don't lose any. 

Hap_Loder

170782[/snapback]

You have never harvested titaium or diamonds have you?

For those items it is not uncommon to have 3 (or more pickaxes broken).

But i agree it is not much of a money sink, but it something.