Eternal Lands Official Forums
Benvolio

A Suggestion For The Rostogol System

I do agree that it is quite frustrating constantly losing items and having people bagjump, which causes many problems. I have a solution, that could be used.

What if a special stone, more expensive than the ordinary rostogol, could be bought, then "embedded" into specific items which would have it forever. For example, if embedded a rosogol into a serp, that specific serp would never be lost, when you died. This could also be used as a higher thing for crafters to do, as the embedding should most likely be done with reccomended crafting level.

I do agree that it is quite frustrating constantly losing items and having people bagjump, which causes many problems. I have a solution, that could be used.

What if a special stone, more expensive than the ordinary rostogol, could be bought, then "embedded" into specific items which would have it forever. For example, if embedded a rosogol into a serp, that specific serp would never be lost, when you died. This could also be used as a higher thing for crafters to do, as the embedding should most likely be done with reccomended crafting level.

161098[/snapback]

That also means you'll be spending money to get it repaired instead of just replacing the sword.

sounds interesting.. but it has to be expensive enough so its rare but not too expensive so it still makes sence since weapon/armor breaks

Edited by shasso

Ohhh..i like that idea...I would gladly hand you 100K and put it on my plate armour..then you wouldent here me complain every time i lose a peice of plate :)

I would...Id rather it ware out then get stolen the first day i wear it

For some reason I always lose my plate the first day i get it,..then i have to buy more

My addiction to the PK maps :)

I would...Id rather it ware out then get stolen the first day i wear it

For some reason I always lose my plate the first day i get it,..then i have to buy more

My addiction to the PK maps :)

161408[/snapback]

That's why I don't wear plate in PK maps. :)

i dont like the idea..........its exactly like ros...cept when u die u drop nothing forever........ if they have this stone it has to be sold for like 500k and be droped 1 out of every 50k cycs or something

I think its a brilliant idea. But this has to be t hought out thouroughly, otherwise it could severely damage the market and other skills.

You could mix the idea...

Either take a "Ro" stone and have to process it in some way that would also be rare. Like it would have to be polished, but could only be polished with (2) Enriched Water Essences + (1) Enriched Fire Essence. (Crafting Skill)

Then the armor would have to be modified to be able to include a "Ro" stone addendum. Some new sub-skill? Since it would be tieing in the power of the stone to the object itself (as it was giving life to that object so that it would know it's owner at all times). Would require (1) Enriched Fire Essence + (1) Life Essence. (Manufacturing Skill)

Both the Crafting and the Manufacturing requirements should be quite high. Mixed with the need of the enriched essences and the most feared "Failed with lost ingredients" this should make it suitably difficult to create. Add to that normal wear and tear on armor/weapons and the need for Tankel to destroy them... I mean fix them, and it should offset the power of them... at least to some degree.

It would also make it such that high level crafters and high level manufacturers would have to work together. Perhaps best if done "in the guild". Profits would somehow have to be shared, but that would be left to the players involved.

kit, that would be way too expensive..

its either a new stone like freddy suggested, with a similar or smaller chance to get as rosto is atm, or buyable at npc for like 10-15k (100k is way too high)

or using the existing rosto stones so you have a choice to use it like it is used now or get a crafter to upgrade your equipment so this would also cost around 10k (current rosto price) which is reasonable for a non-drop piece of equipment that can still break as usual

This should be expensive, its a major advantage.

I certainly agree with the ingredients to make such a weapon, so those ingredients, PLUS the normal ingredients when making the weapon would make sense. I think a sub-skill is a bad idea, but this should be geared more towards crafters (crafters use the above ingredients to 'enrich' the rostogal stone, then a manuer creates the enriched weapon).

All of you seem to have forgotten about modable weapons... :)

-Lyn-

161548[/snapback]

not me, I thought about making rostogol stones one of the things you can use on modable weapons, but i figured they're so rare that simply being not dropped on death wouldn't be a worthwhile use of a modable weapon

..didnt read it all..like all the rest but went half way..good enough..anywayz new stone = new item, lvl 40ish craft for embedding a stone to the armor..BUT it should be like a 10 times you die you need to add a new stone n what not...lol = more use for the stones and crafters to boost...did someone pm l_C the link shes rep for crafting :)

`

..didnt read it all..like all the rest but went half way..good enough..anywayz new stone = new item, lvl 40ish craft for embedding a stone to the armor..BUT it should be like a 10 times you die you need to add a new stone n what not...lol = more use for the stones and crafters to boost...did someone pm l_C the link shes rep for crafting :)

`

161742[/snapback]

yes, L_c is the manu/craft rep... level 40 would be pretty bad though, current highest craftable is 27, i beleive... that's a huge jump, need something in between first

Edited by ttlanhil

current highest level craftable item is the disengagement ring, recommended level of 27.

from 27->40 is a huge leap, there should be other items in between

on the other hand, by the time they get this option out, there may be other craftables too, so it'd work afterall

ohhhh **just jumped on the same wave length** lol i see whatcher sayin, hopefully the vivacious l_c (looks like an odd smile iconthing) gets some more stuff fro crafters lol

Perhaps you should be able to add more gems to the armor to give it more abilities ex. 3 serp stones= indestructable 3rubies=heat protection 3 sapphires=ice protection 3rubies3sapphires=thermal protection. But i also think you should not be able to imbed in any old armor perhaps add modable armor into the game and imbed gems into modable armor.

You know, besides having $expensive$ items to protect our items why not have a 'cheap' type of stone that could be embelled into an item that adds a small chance of the item it was put in to not be lost when you die. Like say that putting 3 of these 'cheap' stones into an items adds 10% of that particular item to not be lost.

its just an idea but it sure beats the $$$$ problem :hiya: