Eternal Lands Official Forums

I think that when people die the get a number dice like thing..then they press a button like space bar or somthing and the dice on your screen will role if it gets a role of like a certin chance like (over 5, under three straight six) or whatever the screen commands you to get..then if you role the right chance the items will be returned to you.. if you hit the wrong number your items will go to a mission bar in where you will have to succed a mission to get them back but you have a choice to do the mission..if you simply select NO then your items will be placed into a bag in the place you died for others to claim! :D

I think that when people die the get a number dice like thing..then they press a button like space bar or somthing and the dice on your screen will role if it gets a role of like a certin chance like (over 5, under three straight six) or whatever the screen commands you to get..then if you role the right chance the items will be returned to you.. if you hit the wrong number your items will go to a mission bar in where you will have to succed a mission to get them back but you have a choice to do the mission..if you simply select NO then your items will be placed into a bag in the place you died for others to claim! :D

160562[/snapback]

Why would someone that dies get a choice?

its not really a choice..well it is but they cant always win..the missions will be set on a difficulty lvl so it wont be easy..and why shouldnt they?? eh its not really their fult they died..(in my opinion)...anyways...i just think they should..it dosnt make it too easy to get their stuff back but it dose make it so they can..

and what about the people who waste like 100hours of lilac selling just to buy them their fiirstr pair of plate them they die right when the hit the lvling?? i think that isnt to fair..

well..why should they have to do a quest if they dont want to??

if they dont want their stuff that bad then why make them?

YES or NO is what i mean not just NO..

They can just ignore doing the quest. To me what you were outlining just seems overly complicated from the users point of view. In Lyanna's 'Death Reapers' suggestion at least the process isn't started unless you actually go to the location to try to get your stuff back. In yours you have the dice & the Quest question which will be a bother when people lose things that aren't important to them.

Of course, in Lyanna's 'Death Reapers' suggestion, n00bs will get totally lost unless guided.

here let me explain my SIMPLE suggestion once more:

When you die from monster or man you will go the the underworld (like always) After going to the underworld a dice will appear on your screen if you lost any items. There will then be a quata on your screen of what you have to get on the dice like: Get a # less than three!

If you lose your bet a message will appear saying somthing like this:

If ou want your items back you have lost in death then you must do this quest-(this quest will be set buy a dufficulty lvl going by your overall lvl)

Below you have two buttons-

Yes, I will do this quest! or No, it's a waste of time.

If you select No, then your items will be placed where you died..

Its very simple for people to understand and it gives em all a chance to get their items back

The dice was added bacause if you do meet your quota than you will get your items w/o doing a quest- but thats the luck part!

Simple enough now?

You don't loose equipment in most other MMORPGs, you can be either punished by an exp loss, equipement degradation or simply walking back to your corpse which takes time.

I also suggest to remove ALL bag dropping by players - if players drop bags the items should simply get destroyed.

--> less mass production, less money ingame etc..

wellllll.......

when you dies isnt it already a chance that you will lose your items anyways if you:

either dont get back in time or

someone finds your bag and takes it....

the ideas i think will work best for us is mine lyannas and crannogs altered idea..!

Lyanna's idea sounds very cool to me. Eliminates bag jumping and associated problems and depending on the cost of getting items back goes a long way towards making death painful.. On the other hand it is nowhere near as nice as the current system if you always have a friend or guild mate around to save your stuff. Which makes it kind of balanced.

the ideas i think will work best for us is mine lyannas and crannogs altered idea..!

160626[/snapback]

Your suggestion is a not-well-explained version of Lyanna's suggestion.

I like lyanna's suggestion.

no! leave the deathbag thing the way it is.... like i normally am able to play for a short time i.e. 30mins and when i die it takes long enough to get my stuff back, but if i have to do a quest to get my stuff back.. ill never get it back...

I think the concept is you wouldn't have to do it right away. Personally I prefer cash over a quest. And it would seem simpler to implament.

Personally, I like the deathbag system (*prepares to be shot*). I don't think it's unreasonable to lose things when you die-I'd rather lose items than experience. Also, it makes fighting fun for me :) I enjoy the adrenaline rush when I misclick or when I am feeling daring enough to wander a pk map. Of course if I lose something valuable I'm upset for a few minutes, but in my opinion, this makes EL more of a thinking game. "Do I want to carry this with me and take the risk of losing it, or not take it and bear other consequences?" I like the challenge, risk, and decision making that goes into evaluating whether you should carry a certain item with you or not, especially when you are pking. I'm not a pker, but I would imagine that pking would not be as fun and exciting if there were no more "spoils".

Naturally, it's upsetting to lose things and also to have them not returned, and of course people complain. But, they will NEVER stop complaining. It is impossible to remove all complaints from EL-it's just human nature to find something to complain about ;)

Technically, you can play EL without ever losing a single item, except while you are still brand new (harvesting events :) ).

Furthermore, I think that the fact that there are deathbags gives people a chance to show their "true colors". You recognize who is truly kind and who is truly greedy by observing whether they return deathbags. It makes people who find a deathbag choose between being known as a kind player or being known as a theif. This seems more fun to me even though I'm always mad at the person who stole my bag :) Maybe it's just me....:P

Anyway, those are my thoughts for the day. :) Please don't kill me for wanting to keep deathbags :P

Icky! Are you going to add cute little bunny brains or head to the bags of dead fluffies? That would give me nightmares!! (not that I'll ever kill a fluffy...lol...)

Icky! Are you going to add cute little bunny brains or head to the bags of dead fluffies?  That would give me nightmares!! (not that I'll ever kill a fluffy...lol...)

160672[/snapback]

I'll have Roja make sure they don't look cute ;)

I like the deathbags as is...there has to be a cost to dying, after all it is by your own risk taking that you die in the first place. It's part of the game. Dying shouldn't be painless :/ And I would rather lose some stuff than experience! ;)

here let me explain my SIMPLE suggestion once more:

When you die from monster or man you will go the the underworld (like always) After going to the underworld a dice will appear on your screen if you lost any items. There will then be a quata on your screen of what you have to get on the dice like: Get a # less than three!

If you lose your bet a message will appear saying somthing like this:

If ou want your items back you have lost in death then you must do this quest-(this quest will be set buy a dufficulty lvl going by your overall lvl)

Below you have two buttons-

Yes, I will do this quest! or No, it's a waste of time.

If you select No, then your items will be placed where you died..

Its very simple for people to understand and it gives em all a chance to get their items back

The dice was added bacause if you do meet your quota than you will get your items w/o doing a quest- but thats the luck part!

Simple enough now?

160580[/snapback]

Alternatively, you could try this idea:

Create an NPC, similar in function to a storage NPC, from an organisation called the Death Reapers (or whatever). When players die, ALL of their items and equipment are removed and go to the Death Reapers' HQ (i.e. into their Reapers storage account). If they want to get their items back, they have to either pay a fee, or go on a random  quest for the Reapers. Quests can be adjusted for difficulty level, based on skill. It is then up to the players to decide whether they think recovering their items is worth the price demanded by the Reapers. If they DO decide to pay the Reapers, they get a 1-time access to withdraw whatever they have from the Reapers storage. If they can't carry everything, too bad. Any further access would require a second fee/quest.

Oh, and you could probably do a periodic wipe of the Reapers' storage, just to reduce the amount of info the server has to store.

Of course, the only trouble I see with this is that it reduces the gains from PKing to exp only. Rostogol stones ward off Reapers.

-Lyn-

160525[/snapback]

Looks pretty similar to me.

Love the multi-quote, by the way.

Edited by freeone3000

His idea is different from mine in the following ways:

- In projoe's system, there is a chance for items to not be taken away. Mine immediately removes everything.

- In his, choosing No places a death bag. In mine, choosing No basically means those items are lost forever.

- The choice is forced onto you in his system. In mine, the choice is optional.

- In his, the choice is whether or not to do a quest. In mine, the choice is whether to do a quest, pay a (monetary) fee, or neither.

-Lyn-

EDIT: On a different note, I like duran's suggestion too. It could be merged with mine to make it even more difficult. The Reaper NPC might be put at the exit from the Underworld, so you have to make the choice there and then.

Edited by Lyanna

I dont know why everyone is trying to make it so complicated, my idea is very simple - both in idea, and implementation.