Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Earn It

Now I know not everyone will agree, and thats fine. I think we should have to earn the use of teleports. One would have to touch the teleport first, say in lakeside, then walk to the White Stone City teleport and touch that one, only then could they use them. I know this takes longer, and some people might bitch, though I don't think too many will. Hey, this is not a racing game, it's an MMORPG and should take some time to acomplish. Earning something is the most rewarding. All you lazy impatient people refrain from flaming me too harshly now.

I think a part of the fun in EL is to test the teleports and see where they go.

Before you've tried one teleport out you don't have a clue where it goes, so then you wouldn't know where to go to activate the other.

Yes, that's somewhat true, it's fun to teleport the first time and see where you go, but it would be more of an acomplishment to earn it. Also, most know that the blue dots on the map are teleports, for one thing. And that is part of the point, not knowing where the teleport will take you. Players will have to go to the teleports, indicated by the map, on their way to wherever they are headed. This info can also be added to the Beginners Guide, or an updated indepth FAQ, that I will gladly write. Infact, I am already collecting my own personal findings and info passed on by others, though this could be done sooner by a veteran player who has the time, seeing as I am very new to EL. Though I am more than willing to help out the vet's and mods in the community bear the workload of helping the new users, by writing one.

-Velocet

Sorry for double post, waiting on activation.

Yes, I know there are more than 2 teleports on more than one map. And, as for a newb not going where they are going is bs. By the time you get to white stone map, you know of the tab button, and also it's called exploration. Newb's don't belong in the maps after White City anyhow. And, those that are strong enough to go other maps can defend themselves while passing through, and making sure to touch the teleports so they can use them in the future and not have to walk.

-Velocet