Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MoJo

Lower Lvl's Taking Your Animal/monster

What do you think about the newbies coming in with serp attacking the monster your training on?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about the newbies coming in with serp attacking the monster your training on?

• I like it
    • Hate it
    • Dosn't bother me.

If you ask me it fries my head :ph34r:

I mean you get people around 5 lvl's short of the animal/creature your trying to train on.. the come in full gear (serp,full plate ect.) and they kill your monster just for fun, whilst your trying to get some lvls raised..

I think it's Fantastic! I mean, at those levels, it's not likely they'll really succeed at stealing your kill very often and more then likely get themselves killed in the process, leaving you with all of those Treasures from Two Kills.

So let them come in with Full gear at level 5! You'll likely end up getting a nice little bonus!

the trouble is... we have weapons... so they get used... :ph34r:

If you ask me it fries my head 

I mean you get people around 5 lvl's short of the animal/creature your trying to train on.. the come in full gear (serp,full plate ect.) and they kill your monster just for fun, whilst your trying to get some lvls raised..

I get the feeling this is reffering to me. I usually will not fight animals in gear because I dont want to break my sword or plate mail, if I happened to do it when you were around then I am sorry..... actually no im not, quit bitching about it and play.

Love

Rasberrybeard :unsure:

I mean the sort of people that "can" kill the animal but yet the animal hits them like 10's, but the kill it with like a tit long in two blows so it dosn't have a chance to acturally kill them..

quit bitching about it and play.

159415[/snapback]

This is a Poll

This is a Poll

159420[/snapback]

but a silly one, i mean, you expect people to like this sort of behaviour? it'd be better to look at ways to fix the problem

Like shivar said it's only a poll man, don't turn it into flames.. I am only looking to see what people think about this.

yes, it can be annoying, sure. i'd like to be able to fix it, anyone got a suggestion?

Well, there can't really be anything to stop it. Unless you trick or force the person into going away :unsure:

Not level 5, 5 levels short of the animal/monster... Yeah, I hate that.

159401[/snapback]

Ah. My bad. But still, it still holds. All you need to do when you see someone who looks like they're going to jump on it is to just either kill it fast or Walk away when they do and Leave them to the mercy of the beast. Most likely, they wouldn't likely win against something with lower stats. And if you do deprive them of their chance, they'll soon get bored and walk away.

Eitherway, there's nothing wrong it. In Multicombat Maps, there's no rule saying that one player Must allow another to finish their Kill and on Normal Maps, no one player has the right to "claim" an animal. If you walk away from it, you've basicly saying "Anybody who wants this kill, take it now before I do."

Also, I agree with that the whole Fighting system should be reworked where "Flee fighting" and "Defencive fighting" isn't the main objective of Training. Then the whole thing of people stealing your kills become moot.

Edited by Kami

only option is more spawns or random spawns so i guess we have to wait a year of 2,3

Sorry most people misinterpret me when i am kidding. Maybe the devs could program it so that monsters are stronger if you have high end weapons on. But then again, how many advantages do newbs REALLY have? I say let tham have the advantage.

Okay, i'm talking about the ones who don't care,can kill the animal with sword (since they're being attacked by it you barely get a chance to attack) and in NON-multi maps.

Okay, i'm talking about the ones who don't care,can kill the animal with sword (since they're being attacked by it you barely get a chance to attack) and in NON-multi maps.

159664[/snapback]

Ok. Now you've lost me.

Basicly, You're Mad that another Player is training in the same area you are? :blink:

Or are you Mad that they're using weapons to kill while you don't? :)

Or is it the fact that they're just there hunting for drops and just happen to get in your way? :D

I think I understood you better when I didn't know what you were talking about. :lol: Whichever it may be, I don't see the problem. Any player can attack any open Monster/Animal that they choose. No one has any "right" to a Spawn.

Edited by Kami

No one has any "right" to a Spawn.

Yup that is said an awful lot. Yet there are unwritten rules between higher level players that you just dont kill a monster if someone else is training on it. Why? Because then next time they will do the same to you and its very annoying.

Yup that is said an awful lot. Yet there are unwritten rules between higher level players that you just dont kill a monster if someone else is training on it. Why? Because then next time they will do the same to you and its very annoying.

159861[/snapback]

but higher level players training means that's limited to only the toughest monsters... even assuming that it's true, do you suggest a newbie with a serp can take out a fluffy?

but higher level players training means that's limited to only the toughest monsters... even assuming that it's true, do you suggest a newbie with a serp can take out a fluffy?

159863[/snapback]

That's why there's less kill stealing with fluffies. :D

anyway some people train on fluffies with a serp

EDIT: but it's very annoying if a noob comes in and serps your ogres and says "I'm killing for drops" or something rediculous like that, especially when there are trolls right outside <_<

Edited by Ryuu

EDIT: but it's very annoying if a noob comes in and serps your ogres and says "I'm killing for drops" or something rediculous like that, especially when there are trolls right outside <_<

159864[/snapback]

Thats what i'm trying to say, they kill the monster and they don't get exp so it's pointless. While you on the other hand are trying to get a few lvls up but you can't because of them.

Annoying or not I am one of those people and if there are people there who are training it is a large wolrd EL one of us can go somewhere else but if all your doing is killin one after another for exp then your not really enjoying the game are you

I love to take the big creatures at my lvls it is a real rush

and if you'd like you can join in with the fun btw I kill gargs and gobbies with serp if I am wearing it and yes for drops but I also get bukus of exp

let me explain you get 4000 exp for one fight 5 mins long

me get several drops and same exp but fight many more creatures in the same amount of time:)

so in the end EL is big enough for all of us

now seriously if a person feels that it is not it is easy to leave see ya enjoy another game:) I and many others will enjoy this one side by side fighting for exp and fighting for drops :P

well i dont like it because i hate when those lil lvl people come and kill my stuff then all their friends come ..then i have to leave my spot making it take longer for me to train...sad..but useully u dont see a newbie come and try to kill a troll or somthing..lol