Eternal Lands Official Forums
giannis

(skining Animals..... One Extra Thing To Do In El)

What do you think?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• Sounds good I like it.
    • No i hate it
    • It is not suited for a game like el
    • I am indiferent, don't really care.

I like the concept of implementing skinning/tanning. Wouldn't be too hard either.

i like the idea, and it would help summoners, atm there is a lack of meat - if those with a hight skinning skill could extract more meat than normal - i ts all good :angry:

I think its a cool idea, but it is only a small effect overall. I think there should be other priorities at this time, but worthwile keeping in mind (still).

I like the idea.

For those that think it would not be good for newbs I suggest implementing it for deers and higher animals.

Rabbits, Rats and Beavers can just continue to drop their furs in their DBs!!!

i'm even replying to the old posts in this thread because now that it's brought up again i'm finally getting the chance to read it - i like the idea and am voting yes after this post. but i wasnt about to spend a solid quarter catching up on all the posts in all the forums...lol

Sounds kind of gross, I voted no. :P

well it's no more gross than all the raw meat needing to b picked from ppl's teeth from all the PoFs ppl quaff...lol

Tanning probably won't become a skill, because there's a tanner NPC that does that for you after you have done some quest.

well even if it's not made a skill maybe things could b changed to where most fur items need to b tanned and brought to her first and paying her for her service (like another game i refuse to mention i know but still an idea)

.......... year old

so? just shows that it's still a good idea and something worth thinking about implimenting at least.

Not so interested in the skinning...

Would you want to skin and dress meat off of Goblins?

Or worse that smelly ten year old with the potty mouth that you just PK'd?

perhaps better to leave the skinning aside for now.

Not so interested in the skinning...

Would you want to skin and dress meat off of Goblins?

Or worse that smelly ten year old with the potty mouth that you just PK'd?

perhaps better to leave the skinning aside for now.

This topic is about skinning animals. As of now there is no goblin skin/meat, and when was the last time you pk'd someone and they dropped a jamesladd skin? Monsters should still drop as usual.

.......... year old

Granted, it is a year old. However, fyrrflyy should be commended for an excellent use of the "search" tool and actually placing it in a thread in which it was started (unlike some that just start a new thread for the same stuff time and time again). Regardless of the outcome, Great Work fyrrflyy :P

just sounds to me like another time consuming process which there are already to many of in el.

QUESTION: why r u playing a game if it's NOT to "consume time"? i'm sure if u'r worried about consuming time there are MANY more productive things u could b doing instead :P

just sounds to me like another time consuming process which there are already to many of in el.

QUESTION: why r u playing a game if it's NOT to "consume time"? i'm sure if u'r worried about consuming time there are MANY more productive things u could b doing instead :devlish:

There is a difference between "fun, enjoyable waste of time" and "how much more of this can I take before I do something drastic".

EDIT: I want to be clear, I'm not stating an opinion of this idea in that statement, just making a point. Then again, one person's "fun" could be another's "boring".

Personally, I don't see much problem with this idea, other than needing to start people with something to skin the animals with - I mean, that newbie quest would get darn near impossible to complete the last part properly if you have to skin the critters without the equipment to do so.

Edited by Arnieman

That part would be easy. Before you have them kill the animals to get their skins, have the tutorial npc give them a skinning knife. I'm sure the NPC could be easily programmed to talk about skinning, and then giving a skinning knife, as he already talks about fighting and harvesting and gives you armor. :(

That part would be easy. Before you have them kill the animals to get their skins, have the tutorial npc give them a skinning knife. I'm sure the NPC could be easily programmed to talk about skinning, and then giving a skinning knife, as he already talks about fighting and harvesting and gives you armor. :P

That creates a further issue - the longer NPC dialogue is, the less likely anyone actually reads it. Not the best idea, I know, but people will even ignore one page worth of NPC dialogue if they think they can get somewhere quicker - then they log onto newbie help or other channels and ask everything they should have read from the NPC - and ask it 20 times...

That creates a further issue - the longer NPC dialogue is, the less likely anyone actually reads it. Not the best idea, I know, but people will even ignore one page worth of NPC dialogue if they think they can get somewhere quicker - then they log onto newbie help or other channels and ask everything they should have read from the NPC - and ask it 20 times...

Then Maybe that means the NPC's Dialogue needs to be refined. Anyone ever think about using VOICED Conversations?

Or just use more Interactive Chat Options. People are less likely to Read a Dialog if there's three Pages of Text for every Chat Choice. Instead of having the NPCs try to explain the Whole story And how to play the Game all in the same Text, Let players choose what to read and when to read it.

Also, with the Case of the Tutorial NPC, maybe there shouldn't be just One NPC to explain everything. Maybe a series of NPCs would work better. Like how the Tutorial NPC tells the Player to walk around Whitestone and Touch the Counter in each Tavern (Acually, It's been a while so I don't know if this is still the Case.) Instead, how about an NPC in each Tavern that tells the Player something a Little new. Sure, it may take the Player a little longer to do that Quest but at least the Player won't be standing at the Tutorial NPC for half an hour trying to Skim through page after page of Text so they're actually be saving time and it gives that quest a little bit more purpose.

P.S. I'm glad to see this Post still alive after so long though I'm sad to see that not much has changed in the game either. This game needs less talk and more People willing to make changes.

QUESTION: why r u playing a game if it's NOT to "consume time"? i'm sure if u'r worried about consuming time there are MANY more productive things u could b doing instead :)

There is a difference between "fun, enjoyable waste of time" and "how much more of this can I take before I do something drastic".

EDIT: I want to be clear, I'm not stating an opinion of this idea in that statement, just making a point. Then again, one person's "fun" could be another's "boring".

Personally, I don't see much problem with this idea, other than needing to start people with something to skin the animals with - I mean, that newbie quest would get darn near impossible to complete the last part properly if you have to skin the critters without the equipment to do so.

I said not everything in el is a waste of time after all el is fun. Maybe I'll change my mind if you get more meat per animal that would be good for summoners. :P