Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Mind

Wraith

Should there be an attribute that adds to max food?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be an attribute that adds to max food?

• Yes
    • No

I have been thinking about this for awhile, and as I couldn't find a place in the player representative council, I decided to put a poll here to see how people think of this idea. I am suggesting that one of the attributes adds to the maximum amount of food that you can have (the current maximum is 45). This would allow people to make more items at once without eating again, or people to read longer without eating again, ect.

Please tell me what you think. :ph34r:

i think that's the sort of thing they want to avoid, so that you can't just eat a heap and set an autoclicker... currently you'd need macroing, which is against the rules

what i suggested (somewhere in the forums) was that it goes up to 40 at one food, then up to 45 for two food per point, 50 for three per, etc... you need a huge amount of food to get it up to 60 or whatever, but you can get it a bit higher

as nice as having an attribute add to it would be, you'd just get autoclick users getting a huge amount in that stat so they can manu while AFK. unless you got like one more max food per point, which would make this bonus not really worth getting

Edited by ttlanhil

Honestly, for certain things, higher food levels would be nice. However, for all fairness, you could already make 45 FE, eat 3 veggies, and make 45 more (not counting the factor of time, that if you can make 60 FEs in one minute, you're going to lose 1-2 food points for the minutes ticking away (this is used only for example purposes)).

I say that on average, the current max level of food is pretty good. Maybe if a thing could be added in to temporarily increase the max level, but only allow the manufacturing of higher level items (say, no items costing <= 5?) while the limit is raised, and increase the failure rate, and maybe another stat deficiency?

Just throwing out ideas, let me know if anything takes.

Honestly, for certain things, higher food levels would be nice.  However, for all fairness, you could already make 45 FE, eat 3 veggies, and make 45 more (not counting the factor of time, that if you can make 60 FEs in one minute, you're going to lose 1-2 food points for the minutes ticking away (this is used only for example purposes)).

I say that on average, the current max level of food is pretty good.  Maybe if a thing could be added in to temporarily increase the max level, but only allow the manufacturing of higher level items (say, no items costing <= 5?) while the limit is raised, and increase the failure rate, and maybe another stat deficiency?

Just throwing out ideas, let me know if anything takes.

157354[/snapback]

i like the idea of decreased chances... basically, if you gorge yourself, you're not gonna work as well 8^)

the disengagement ring is a good example, level 28 or so, but takes 36 food per attempt, that's eat a few food every one or two tries... ugh

Increasing your food level is not a good idea, since you could eat-eat-eat your food level up into astronomic values at a vegetables field or at a fruits stand and wouldn't need to take any food with you, even if it took more food to raise the food level above 45. For producing items, just put food on the quickbar and use CTRL+1 ... CTRL+6 to access it.

Food levels are good ideea! It should be related some how with the matereial ponits - more material points, more food.

I don't see any important reason to increase food level. Sometimes it's ridiculous (like with feasting potions adding 50 units to it), but in general the 45 level is reasonable and just ok.

Increasing it would help peaple researching, fighting etc. afk.

Feasting potion is not ridiculous, you can have down to -30 food, so there's a margin of 75 points.

Edited by Lachesis

Over-eating makes you fat... :-)

Increase food limit should be detrimental to coordination (agility), etc. But this could all be balanced by, say, +5 food limit for 1 pick (which could otherwise have been spent on attributes).

Or some potion to boost food above the limit (feasting? haven't used it myself).

Not that this is really necessary.

or make some alchemy perk that essence need less food

example:

'random' essence take 10 food

you take the perk and it only take 7 food

Perhaps a stamina attribute could add to this?

157408[/snapback]

I was under the impression that the less food amount you had, the slower you walked. Apparently that isn't true (but for some reason I've always believed that). :D

example:

157419[/snapback]

This actually sounds like a good sugestion.

example:

157419[/snapback]

LOL, Satan actually came up with something constructive...

I second that.

LOL, Satan actually came up with something constructive...

I second that.

157681[/snapback]

Actually, if you do a search, he has come up with a lot of good ideas. ( trick is weeding through the spam to find them :D)(aww i still love you shivar B))

I like Shivar idea (again, very wise man - most time). As I said I don't see reason to make food level higher, but there couls be perk wich would decrease food requirements for alchemy/manu/crafitng - it would be great, there could also be cape for that (veeery expensive one).

What makes feasting potions ridiculous? They are not stackable - ti makes them mostly useless.

What makes feasting potions ridiculous? They are not stackable - ti makes them mostly useless.

157874[/snapback]

Erm, this is certainly a bug. It has to be. Who is responsible for that sad mistake? ;)

What do you think about this perk: "big stomach". Increases max. food, but also increases the amount of food you lose per minute at the same ratio? Food cost required to make an item would stay the same of cause. This perk would be almost identical to less food costs upon making a lot of items in a short amount of time, but gives some small additional negatives in the other situations, so that it could be cheaper in pp (7pp for 30% discount on food cost probably won't be done).

With regards

Lachesis

Erm, this is certainly a bug. It has to be. Who is responsible for that sad mistake? :P

I hope, then it would be great. Why? It's easy - xp, 1 emu, +50 to food level. So ,we should force devs to make them stackable.

What do you think about this perk: "big stomach". Increases max. food, but also increases the amount of food you lose per minute at the same ratio? Food cost required to make an item would stay the same of cause. This perk would be almost identical to less food costs upon making a lot of items in a short amount of time, but gives some small additional negatives in the other situations, so that it could be cheaper in pp (7pp for 30% discount on food cost probably won't be done).

158338[/snapback]

Great, but would it be positive or negative perk? It could be like enlarging food level up to 60 (33.3%) without rising food loosing rate, but then it should be quite expensive in pps (not too much though). And think about combining it with Power Saving.

I thought this being a positive perk with about five pickpoints in cost. Personally I prefer the combination of advantages and disadvantages, that way the perk is not only a number, but a decision with benefits and drawbacks, just like in good old RL. :P