Eternal Lands Official Forums
Learner

Bring The Ants Back To A Non-pk Map For Anthill?

Bring the Ants back to a non-PK map for Anthill?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Bring the Ants back to a non-PK map for Anthill?

• YES! - Bring back 20 of the Ants!
    • Yes! - But, only 15 of them!
    • Yes, only 10 of them please.
    • In think so, but 5 is enough
    • Not sure
    • No, I don't want to see them ever again!

Artificial Intelligence. N00b.

157401[/snapback]

:lol:

Satan, it means they are bots created to develop artificial intelligence within the game.

:lol:

Satan, it means they are bots created to develop artificial intelligence within the game.

157406[/snapback]

Akkk no AI experiments. Have none of you seen Terminaor or the Matrix? The machines will take over!! :D

Nah, seriously I wasnt around when they were here before, but it does sound like a very interesting game mechanic.

I'd say bring them back but make more use out of them. Frankly, they were Not Great Janitors! I noticed that all they would do is walk around IP, stealing other Player's kills yet bypassing all of the Bags of Bones lying around!

One thing I'd like to see is another form to add to the Ants. We have normal Ants and the Ant Queen but what we really need is Warrior Ants! Then, the ants would have a Purpose! Kind of Like a Mini-Game.

Get this:

We have Worker Ants Wandering the Grounds picking up trash and bringing it back to the Hill.

We can have Warrior Ants to Protect the Ant Hill and Whenever an Ant is attacked, the Warrior Ants will Swarm the Attacker.

The Queen Ant should stay near the Ant Hill and Should be programmed to sort the Collected Junk according to worth and "Spawning" new Ants (Dead Ants respawn with her). Plus, the Queen Ant is Like the Adjective of the Game. Kill her to Raid the Ant Hill.

157267[/snapback]

I really like this idea...Maybe there should also be a certain Ant map(PK) where the Ant hill is.

Weren't you working on a system where if I were to give an ant the ingredients for alchemy things, then it would make an essence? That's a wonderful way to waste time. ^^

I remember starting and finding a plate armor in a hill, but I left it because I didn't know how to drop things, and my inventory was full.  :D

157311[/snapback]

The ants know how to make some f the essence that don't need books already. What I was working on was making them desire the ingredients if they had all but one. Then the desires would allow ants to trafe with each other and adjust what they are interested in harvesting. At least they can learn what items need pick axes for, but they aren't smart enough to plan ahead and get a pick axe or swap their weapon if they have a sword in their hands.

Being an experiment in AI though means there is very little code for doing map/location specific things. They treat all maps and locations the same except IP, underworld, and the AntHill. Everything else is controlled by desires, what they see, and the old ant trails they leave on the maps for each other (like I found food in this direction). When you see a hungry ant taking a path to a garden to harvest vegies, it's the hunger combined with seeing a old path of a happy ant that found food. They don't look at the entire map, only about the same space as a normal player would see. They even try to eat/use everything in the game once until they learn what items are food or can heal them. They also try to wear everything once. It's all abouth them trying to learn what they can and can't do, they even try to harvest houses and use rocks!

Now if only I could come up with a way for them to figure out what each book is used for so that they wont try to make something unless they have the knowledge as well.

I voted for yes, 10 of them.

But don't you want to put them on a non-pk map?

Fights around the hill were always nice, as far as I remember.

Oh, and is it possible to have restricted areas for them such as votd storage, for example?

I haven't seen the ants before, but what you write about them sounds very interesting. I'd love to see them ingame. 20+ imho :P

i said no, and i nvr want to see them again cuz

they are just down right annoying :P

I've never saw them so maybe this is a stupid question: How does that anthill really look like? Is it a bunch of bags with all the items the ants found? And what will happen with them on the anthill? Can everyone just go there and get some or will they protect the bags until they poof?

The Ant_Queen tends to be found at the Ant Hill, and all of the ants drop most of what they are carrying when they get there. Then they either leave or beam out. All the bags there are available for anyone top pick up (and will even be picked up by Ants some times). eventually the bags can go poof since they are normal bags.

When summoning first came out, people would often hit the Ant Hill to get supplies to level summoning. Other times if the Ant found a death bag, some valuable items can be found there if they don't wear or use it them selves.

it is great to have them back, but i would like it if they took a look in the bag and left the most valuble items, or perhaps sit on a bag for 5 minutes and after that time it can get the contents.

it would also be interesting if the qeeen atleast knew how to remote heal, and some of the ants had some skills. it would be interesting if the ants would go and harvest 10-20 of each harvestable item and bring them back to the hill, then some of them (or just the queen) could mix items togetter and make items.

you should also make them pkable but it does not matter where the ant hill is located.

The can already make some things if they get the proper ingredients (I've tested them extensively on FE). I'll be working on getting the desire system work so that they will start following trails for items they need under certain circumstances.

If you bring back the ants, please don't have more than 5 at the same time.

And make them not attack stuff on IP, and not take the bags from PK maps.

:D Personally, I was glad to see the back of them, they were damn annoying, but I think people tolerated them before because they were being used for learning purposes. I think the game has come a long way since then, and I think they`d just be taking up space and if there are too many, they`ll just cause lag. I dont think we really have a problem with hundreds of bags laying around, sure there`s always a few on IP, but thats only coz the new players think bones aren`t helpfull or needed, not that I mind, coz I head to IP once in awhile to do my own bone collecting :D No offence Learner, they were fun in their time, but I think that time has past :P

Didn't you leave EL WiLdCaRd? And didn't you notice the poll?

[awaiting a comment by soldus]

:)

Edited by kl4Uz

:lol: Yeah I did, but I got better!! I have having some problems and I didn`t think I`d be back, but I got them sorted out :P So I`m back, and no I didn`t notice the Poll until yesterday!! :)