Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Orbu

Shortcut Keys For Different Spells

What about setting shortcut keys for spells? Anyone who played Neverwinter has saw the utility of Shortcut Keys for different spell. Those shortcuts allow faster switching of spells. For example, in a combat situation is very useful to switch FAST between SHIELD-HARM-RESTORATION (only a example). Of corse, these new keys can be set for 4 or 5 (or more) and the spells for each can be written in the .ini file.

Edited by Orbu

This is probably one of my top two or three complaints about EL. Switching between spells should not be anywhere near as difficult as it is. This gives a big advantage to people who are younger and more agile.

Rather then shortcut keys though I'd suggest being able to have three or four spell slots that could be quickly switched between via mouse clicks. Adding this to the spell window would seem reasonably straight forward.

This is probably one of my top two or three complaints about EL.  Switching between spells should not be anywhere near as difficult as it is.  This gives a big advantage to people who are younger and more agile.

Rather then shortcut keys though I'd suggest being able to have three or four spell slots that could be quickly switched between via mouse clicks.  Adding this to the spell window would seem reasonably straight forward.

157089[/snapback]

A magic quickbar? Well, that WAS done (teranoz?), but it's been lost in the void... :ph34r: