Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Enyo

Pp Reset

I voted for no, but I have to admit, DonPedro is right. If there was something like changing required nexus, and I don't see reason not to believe him - there should be way to correct it.

I still think it would make playing EL too easy, but... there shouldn't be changes in game rules with such a consequences, without any feedback to players who lost anything that case. I would loose about 3mil xp, Don lost about ten times as much.

And there is difference resetting at 70 and 100+. Quite big one:/

BTW, not many of us were 'blessed' with bieng born it such a 'wonderful' country like the States (like Daxon was). So, try to forgive us our faults in English. We would forgive you your faults in our languages.

Edited by vanyel

I'd say No!

When u know what u want 2 do use the PPs 2 get what u need 2 do it and if u want 2 do something else instead u can #reset or spend the next PPs u earn 2 get what u need 4 that 2.

I'm sorry but I'd have to vote no..........only because of the fact that i've reset so many times that it simply wouldn't be fair. If however you would suggest they somehow look at how much exp you have gained in all skills add them up and determin your ova then that would be fair. Not giving me 83 pp cuz i am 83 ova because if i never reset before i would have alot more......... :)

Bah I have plenty of xp in this game.

Been playing for wut.... 1 year and 6 months I do believe

I say no re-allocation of pickpoints

and this is coming form someone who has reset abou 10 times, I was constantly changing my mind.

I saw all the changes the fighters went through. from being the richest uberest people after the manufacturers were the richest. Everyone complained that they were too powerful. So there power was brought down. The capes, and other rare things you were complaining about that barely drop now ARE SUPPOSED TO BE RARE!!! stop complaining and live and deal with it. or leave

There are good and bad points on both sides of the debate, the thing we all have to remember here, is its still being developed, new things are being added. So if we went ahead and did a PP reset, people then relocate their PPs to where they want them, then the following week, the development team bring in something new, and all of a sudden people think, damn, now I need to spend points in another Nexus that they`d left blank, or had only spent one or two points in, so then they wanna spend their points differently again. As things are added to the game, people will change the way they play, I think most people will have a go at anything new ingame, whether it be a new potion, new clothes, or a new weapon. Enyo made a comment that people that work on Alc or Pots are some of the richest in the game, well, I work on both and I`m not rich!! :P But what it boils down to, is, if fighters wanna spend all their points on boosting their combat skills, then thats their choice, so then they`re left with an option to either buy pots or ess to train, or make it themselves, its all about sale and demand, its what keeps the economy healthy. The fighters make a bit of money by selling their monster drops to others that dont fight, so it swings both ways. People pick their points, once they`re spent them, they`re PPs are gone, thats how it should be in my opinion, if people make a mistake, they should learn by them. We all know by now new things are on their way, so although I see Enyo`s point about points being wasted, I think if people are really that bothered by it, they can reset. If they`re high level, then it shouldn`t take them long to level up again, as for training, well thats the price you have to pay. I reset awhile ago, because I wanted to lose a Neg Perk, and also to readjust my Nexus and Attribute spending, although it took me awhile, I`m now beyond what I was before the reset. So if people aren`t happy with the way THEY spent their own points, reset and relocate those points again.

Weekly updates, woah, that'd be cool :ph34r: In addition this is not about players that have just changed their mind about their pickpoints, but rather those that have spend them and can't benefit from them anymore because of game changes. Anyway, please don't try to tell us some wasted pickpoints are spoiling all your fun in playing. If so, you are taking the game too serious. There will be more changes, and I'm pretty sure some of them will have even deeper impacts than wasted pickpoints. As long as this game is still in a phase where these things will happen relatively frequently (say, at least once a year), please take this possibility into account when developing your character, rather than forcing us to find a really fair solution each time. The proposed one isn't, and doing nothing isn't either, usually there isn't even an affordable one. Please try to live with the injustices, it hinders development too much if they are all to be sorted out.

With regards and apologies,

Lachesis