Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Enyo

Pp Reset

Should there be a ONE time PP database reset for all players?

We can't. It's an all or none pp reset, so 400+ players would have to live with what a few others want to have.

157006[/snapback]

if u wouldnt like it.. u should put ur PP on same location what u had b4...

Idea: If there has to be a PP reset, let's wait. If we do it now, people are going to argue for it again later. Let's wait for a major significant event in the development of this game, THEN go for a PP reset, if we have to.

IMO, if we need a PP reset, NOW is not when we need it.

i think this comment is sad.. i think the comments of daxon are even sadder.  too bad we can't

157004[/snapback]

Sorry, I didn't want to offend anyone. I neither know Daxon's nor Don Pedro's age, I just expressed my surprise.

With regards

Lachesis

Foolish as i am i couldnt resist read Daxon's reply, he dont get it, he only think on thing thats Daxon.

A lye again, he cant tell the true, he never told me he got it from fluf, but i heared from many others, i explained dont listen to that lyer Daxon at that time when the quistion came 1st time i have maybe kill 10-20K fluf, Ego bit less none of us have ever got a Gen Axe book from fluf drop but each trip 5-10 titaxe books which dropped, and now he claim "i just told that fluf did drop it" aint true he told many the gen axe book he had read he had got from fluf.

To say "just spend 3 PP more on magical nex" it has NOTHING to do about the "problem", i chose to spend 3 artificial cos then i later could make rings, suddenly have conditons changed for my choice.

Daxon u r 71 oa prox 500K to next pp, i need like 8.5 mill for next pp, U DONT JUST SPEND 3 PP's, if i make 500K each day its like 1.5 month to get 3 PP, and u show too u have no idea what 3 PPs do for u strength, put replyes on something u know about, let other's that know what they talk about discus the problem.

U never come to PK zone for training 3 pp wont do much diffrence, but in playerfigth!!!!!!!!, soo stfu moron and go make some ess's looks like u can find out of that.

Edited by DonPedro

Don is right. and please stop writing about #reset, #reset is for players that made misstakes while planing their characters (took godless and then noticed that gods are cool :P ), took instinct for no reason (just liked the name or whatever).

Don is example of person who took arfificial for making rings and then found himself unable to make them becouse requirements changed and he needed another 3 pps :P

Lots of ppl took vegetal to make potions but after update potions time has changed. So basicly it looks like they wasted pps.

Tons of players took animal nexuses and now there is no point of summoning high lvl creatures (rostogol stone).

I myself took, animal, vegetal ... was pissed after the update but worst thing is that i took artificial a week ago, just to make money on making leather stuff (with cheap leather) but 10 hours after taking nexuses price of cheap leather increased so my plan was ruined :P

for god sake, i VOTE YES !!!

I would say vote no, I dont spend pickpoints anticipating how a skill is going to be in the future, but how a skill is right now. If i find out tommorow that i can't use my alchemy because the nexus' has changed? Well that is a bit sad, but life goes on, ill find something else to do. But honestly if your going to reset the pickpoints, you might as well reset the entire characters as well. It basically comes down to this..

No votes - People who aren't bothered by a complete reset, because they know there is more important things in life than a high level character.

Yes votes - people who are bothered by a complete reset, because their character means everything to them.

You know resetting your character might breath new life into the game for some of you high level people. Whats the worst that can happen?

Im also a bit confused where is this mysterious poll?

Edited by Daejin

No reset. If you didn't choose wisely the first time, do a normal reset and work back up like other people did. Like me. I reset to change jobs and am working my way back up.

i agree with the NO vote..

i reset at 70 OA, and am now back in the 90's - the skills are the important bit. If you have them its easy to get back OA points and PP.

Allocation of the PP is your own fault - not the devs

I don't agree.

Should've spent them wisely in the first place.

So No for me.

156615[/snapback]

i agree with grum a 100%

My vote is NO as well

damm stfu with ya "spend them wisly" how are we suposed to spend them good if the fuking game keep changing? ffs

First of all, you don't have to spend them as you get them. That gives you time to decide where you want to be using them and incentive to increase OA if you need a few more points then you have.

If you mess up, you can always reset and get most of them back fairly quickly.

i have time enough to think where i use my PP on at oa 111

Nevermind. * ;) It's like talking to the wall with fighters hell bent on self gain.

Edited by Daxon

damm stfu with ya "spend them wisly" how are we suposed to spend them good if the fuking game keep changing? ffs

157215[/snapback]

Still those were the choices you made, if the price of gas goes up, say 25%, will you then go to your cardealer and demand to return the car for the same money as you bought it for?

Things change, that's part of the life in EL.

I'd say no until there is an official "production" release.  .....

I thought the client being 1.x meant that it was out of beta?

157326[/snapback]

If I recall correctly, the usual estimates for beta is 1.0 - 2.5. But maybe I'm wrong...

-Lyn-

157326[/snapback]

try #ver in game...

#ver
Eternal Lands Version 1.0.1 Beta

157326[/snapback]

No, if you ask me it's not even in beta yet. The versioning is a little odd, I guess it's called 1.x because it's playable fairly well now. If you want, just consider the current client as 0.10.1 or something like that :P Looking at the planned feature list, maybe version 2.x* might enter the beta stage.

With regards

Lachesis

*) Or 1.1.x, depends on whether the changes are considered justifying a major version bump :ph34r:

Reseting pp, without clearing oa xp would be very, very nice. I would probably use my pp better:P, but....

I don't think it should be done. I messed with my pps and now i have to live with it. Like in life - one choose wrong school/work/etc one have one year (usually more) wasted. The question is if they are really wasted.

Once again, it would be great, but I say no-no to it.

Yes this is a game, so why talk about 'fair' and 'wasted pickpoints'.

It's a game, live with your choices and be happy.