Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Enyo

Pp Reset

The problem with them putting all of their PP's into P/C is that they had decided not to work on anything else and be an uber fighter. What they'll need to do now is either #reset or start placing the PP's they get, when they get them into new areas.

PP's are precious, use them wisely :)

156622[/snapback]

use them wisely..

i did that.. but if you guys keep changing delays of essence/potions. adding new items in the game.. u cant use them wisly anymore..unless u can watch in the future.

i toke 4 vegetal to make my Sr's..wich toke ~1 second to make, now they take 6~ second.. some people dont have the time to make like 1k SR. so they wasted the pickpoints.

I wasted also 5 animal nexuses..sinds they added the new rostogol stone (dont lose items when die).. u waste 5 ELE to kill some1 and he drop Nothing.. thats pritty boring if u ask me.. thats why alot summoners Quit that skill and wasted 5 PP + extra will ... i myself got 111 oa lvl.. its a pain to #reset..

Edited by Satan

This has been suggested by someone else: what if, from a certain OA level on, you can spend pickpoints not only on attributes and nexuses, but also moving two pickpoints already spent to another nexus/attribute (this does not affect perks).

I know the repeated game changes can void all your plans made on important decisions like spending pickpoints. However, you know this game is in a quite early stage of development, and this is not avoidable. What if there would be changes in the attribute, skill or nexuses system again, would you want to have your pickpoints rearranged again 'once only'? And I'm pretty sure that such changes won't drop out soon. So why not spend all your pickpoints how it's attractive now without thinking and just waiting for the next rearrangement day. You see? It's just not applicable. Please think about the above suggestion, it's probably something that might help alleviating the injustices caused.

With regards

Lach'the only poor potioner in EL'esis

Pickpoints are precious, but also a part of your character. So those are the choices you have to live with, and if you cannot do that, there is the #reset-command.

The world of EL is bound to evolve, it is not a question about being 'fair' or anything. The life your character lives in EL is, relative to that world, always fair.

So it's a NO from me (in the poll)

use them wisely..

i did that.. but if you guys keep changing delays of essence/potions. adding new items in the game.. u cant use them wisly anymore..unless u can watch in the future.

i toke 4 vegetal to make my Sr's..wich toke ~1 second to make, now they take 6~ second.. some people dont have the time to make like 1k SR. so they wasted the pickpoints.

I wasted also 5 animal nexuses..sinds they added the new rostogol stone (dont lose items when die).. u waste 5 ELE to kill some1 and he drop Nothing.. thats pritty boring if u ask me.. thats why alot summoners Quit that skill and wasted 5 PP + extra will ... i myself got 111 oa lvl.. its a pain to #reset..

You didn't waste them, you spent them because you want to become a summoner and potion maker. Things have changed and now you are upset at how they work and won't do this professions any longer. But you knew in advance that things are likely to change, due to the simple fact Lachesis already pointed out: this game is in beta!

You have choosen those nexi to become better in those trades. This is part of the role you play in this game. You can't simply change your role, because of some delays, this game is not a 'always pick the best' game, it's a role playing game. So you should stand for the role you once have chosen to play and if you don't want to support parts of this role any longer stick with the decisions you once have made. That's the part in choosing PPs wisely. It's not wise to spend them only with an eye on getting the most advantages out of the game, but it's wise to spend them to support the role you have chosen to play. If you later choose to not support one or more parts of your role any longer, that's just how life goes. C'est la vie.

I vote no for this suggestions. My deepest concern about this is that it won't be a one time thing. People later will see that this has happened before and will argue with it to happen again.

Guest Enyo

gigi3.jpg

I just want to says "thanks" to all the constructive opinions on the subject and i hope more people vote either way.. i'm sure that there won't be a PP database reset but as i've said before, many seasoned players feel that it's justified. i would like to point out that it's not about roles changing as much as about nexus requirement change. we all are aware that the game is beta for the past 2 years, now. i've only been here a little over 6 weeks, so this really has no impact upon me. however, i do understand and empathize with the player whom feels that he/she has wasted PP on a nexus which later became null due to nexus requirements and I do agree that is not fair. even though the game is constantly evolving, there should be some constants where basic requirements in nexus don't change. if one needed only artificial nexus to craft rings, then i understand why later if that requirement was upped to also include artificial and magic both. that's frustrating to say the least. if the basic nexus requirements don't change but evolve, then there would be no more need for another PP database reset. however, a few here have made some valid points on both sides of the virtual fence.. satan, lach and also mala.. this is what a true democracy is.. we can disagree and discuss the issues without personal attacks.. i like that :-)

Edited by Enyo

if one needed only artificial nexus to craft rings, then i understand why later if that requirement was upped to also include artificial and magic both.

If I recall this correctly crafting always had a requirement of both artificial and magic nexus.

Guest Enyo

gigi3.jpg

If I recall this correctly crafting always had a requirement of both artificial and magic nexus.

156668[/snapback]

Nope, it didn't...

I would vote yes because it my understanding that many players made pick point decisions based on the game's systems at a particular time. Now many changes have been made to those systems which if they had been in place when the picks were spent, players may have chosen other wise.

Guest Enyo

gigi3.jpg

I would vote yes because it my understanding that many players made pick point decisions based on the game's systems at a particular time.  Now many changes have been made to those systems which if they had been in place when the picks were spent, players may have chosen other wise.

156672[/snapback]

Thanks, Rend...that's the point that I was trying to make.

Edited by Enyo

I vote "No".

I don't see much of an advantage for non-fighting players (although I admit I did not read every single post thoroughly).

I figure that since the game is still in development, not everything will be perfect the first time around-especially if you started it in the early stages (which I assume you are defining as "seasoned" in this case).

I wasted a few pickpoints, but I do not think it is fair to have a redistributable- pickpoint-reset.

And a Malaclypse wisely said, if we do it once, people may never stop asking for it...

1) PP reset. Players reallocate their pickpoints to maximise their benefits in the new system.

2) System changes because it's under development.

3) Players complain, because some pickpoints now do not work to their advantage in the adjusted system. They demand a reset.

4) Repeat steps 1-3, ad infinitum

OR

Stop all development of the game entirely, so that pickpoint choices will not be affected by any new systems.

Take your pick.

-Lyn-

1) PP reset. Players reallocate their pickpoints to maximise their benefits in the new system.

2) System changes because it's under development.

3) Players complain, because some pickpoints now do not work to their advantage in the adjusted system. They demand a reset.

4) Repeat steps 1-3, ad infinitum

OR

Stop all development of the game entirely, so that pickpoint choices will not be affected by any new systems.

Take your pick.

-Lyn-

156716[/snapback]

I was leaning towards a yes until I read this post, so Id definatly vote NO.

Should've spent them wisely in the first place.

156615[/snapback]

PP's are precious, use them wisely :)

156622[/snapback]

The point is, that the game is changing. Some people took nexus to make potions but when the new delay was introduced, they do not make them anymore. I personally took animal nexus for summoning, but a few weeks later the rostogal stone came out and summoning became useless. (i haven't seen a summoned monster in KF since the day rosto came out, and there were fluffies and chiamerans jumping around every day before that :P. ELE is expensive and hard to get so you need to be able to pay for it with drops). But since the rosto got reduced and the delays are not such a great deal, the reset is not needed YET but it should be considered if the game changes more drastically. And only when its more or less decided that it is not going to change a lot more for a long while.

The point is, that the game is changing. Some people took nexus to make potions but when the new delay was introduced.

same here i took potion nexuses but now it takes ages to make potions, not what i wanted... so i dont make them i buy them. When the cheap leather quest got implementeg, i bought 100 leather from it and took artificial nexus. Becouse i found it a way to make money (making leather gloves for 16 and selling to trik for 20) but next morning i woke up and bang. price of leather has raised so cost of required leather is more than income from glove. I wasted that pickpoint.

I reseted once, dont want to do that again :P

Edited by obionek

My vote goes to NO. As I've said before, you made your bed, now lie in it.

Simply put, as expressed earlier, you knew (or didn't know, but should have known) this game is in BETA. That means things are subject to change. Now, we have potioners who won't potion because an amount of realism (6 seconds to make a potion instead of 1) now angers them. Why should they have those points back? You just have a potential potioner not living to his calling, that's all. Is that so hard to live with?

I'd say no until there is an official "production" release. At that point it would be nice if some % of pp's would be returned to long time players. This would be a nice thank you for people who have spent a lot of time testing, playing and making suggestions while EL is in development.

I agree though that doing it now would just lead to people asking all the time for it to be done again as additional features are added.

why would u vote no? lol.. if u dont like it dont use it :-/ why do u guys like to screw up for the rest?

daxon.. u just reset.. so now u pissed if we would get a PP reset

When the conditions for where we placed our PP's is changed i think it would be fair to give players chance for relocate his choices.

I toke 3 artificial cos i wanted to be rdy for make rings later, a update dunno which changed soo u need 3 magical nex's too, thats the conditon for my choice that have changed, but i stuck with my choice fair ??, i would say no.

About that Daxon dont even read what he write, he lye whenever he feel its best for him, soo nothing he say can be trusted.

I vote yes for PP reset soo we can locate our PP's after the new conditions, and if in future any update change conditions, we should have same choice again.

I vote no. I sure would LIKE to reallocate my pickpoints without resetting, like the two in will, the godless perk out, few nexuses out... but I don't think it should happen beacuse this if you stop potioning, supposedly beacuse of an update that may have made it slightly more diffictult, you shouldn't get your pickpoints back!

Edited by freeone3000

why would u vote no? lol.. if u dont like it dont use it :-/ why do u guys like to screw up for the rest?

156924[/snapback]

Alright, one more response simply because DP wishes to call me a liar when he logs on faking drunk (the legal drinking age is not 13 wherever he lives) to kill his friends for fun. :o

Because the people who vote 'no' and are against it are mature enough to accept their choices. Do you quit your job (not that you have one) if your boss cuts you off a couple hours? No. If you quit, you'll dig an even bigger hole for yourself. Take your lowered pay and go with it.

I'd be pissed to see this game accompany to the needs of spoiled children while not offering anything for the actual workers in the end. Most non-fighters had the brains to allocate their points properly the first time. Not saying that a lot of fighters are children, it's just that a spoiled few are out for personal gain.

When the conditions for where we placed our PP's is changed i think it would be fair to give players chance for relocate his choices.

#reset. It's there for a reason.

I vote yes for PP reset soo we can locate our PP's after the new conditions, and if in future any update change conditions, we should have same choice again.

Like it was said, you'd just be asking for it more and more.

I toke 3 artificial cos i wanted to be rdy for make rings later, a update dunno which changed soo u need 3 magical nex's too, thats the conditon for my choice that have changed, but i stuck with my choice fair ??, i would say no.

Then get three magic nexus and start crafting. You have all those OAs and can't toss even 3 to magic nexus? Oh, that's right. Every little bit of p/c and nothing else. If that's how you like it, you deserve to have 'wasted' 3 of them.

Oh, and the reason for posting one more time:

About that Daxon dont even read what he write, he lye whenever he feel its best for him, soo nothing he say can be trusted.

I'm a liar for telling YOU what has been dropped before by fluffies, even though it was backed by atleast 5 other fluffy killers? :rolleyes: DP, isn't it your bedtime?

Sorry for reposting guys, but I had to clear up DP's hypocrisy. ;) I think my stand on this issue is pretty much stone. Haven't heard one argument where a person may genuinely have been caused dismay by changes. Maybe if a change was made like swapping the artificial and magic nexus around completely where you were stuck with the wrong nexus, then I'd understand it. All this suggestion was was a race for personal gain.

Guest Enyo

gigi3.jpg

:huh: Honest, I wouldn't have expected that after reading his post.

With regards

Lachesis

156998[/snapback]

i think this comment is sad.. i think the comments of daxon are even sadder. too bad we can't discuss issues without personal attacks and mud slinging. this is a game which was created by entropy and his wife roja.. and it has had many faithful players and others who have contributed their talent and skills to this program.. so not ONE person here has the right to claim ownership of this game and everyone is entitled to his/her opinion whether we all agree or not. there is only a small fraction of people who play the game who actually post on this forum. the posts/votes and even mods can't possibly represent the voice of all players. that's sad that one can't express his/her opinion without being personally attacked by other players like daxon who attacks everyone, calling names and resorting to immature childish behaviour simply because one might have an opinion that differs from his... now this thread has gotten off topic. i've only been play this game (i love it, obviously or i wouldn't be slightly addicted) 7 weeks, now. a PP reset wouldn't effect me at all but as i said previously, i do understand and empathetize with the seasoned player.. i feel that once the final version has been released that there should be a PP database reset. that's fair. what i'm seeing from those who oppose this, is bitterness, anger and jealousy. so sad.. all over a game. is it worth it? we are just sitting in front of a machine, clicking on a mouse.. let's be real here, seriously. this is a fun game and it's absolutely brilliant but it's not worth the stress of being attacked by other players for voicing one's opinion. thanks again to all of those who did express their opinion intellectually and without personal attacks, regardless if i agree with it or not.

FINALLY, i vote YES for a PP database reset.. not that my vote matters but in the end it is the decision of the devlopers and the creator of the game. take care.. :-)

maby becuz english isnt his main launuage(cant spell :huh:)

Should there be a ONE time PP database reset for all players?

We can't. It's an all or none pp reset, so 400+ players would have to live with what a few others want to have.

Guest Enyo

gigi3.jpg

Should there be a ONE time PP database reset for all players?

We can't. It's an all or none pp reset, so 400+ players would have to live with what a few others want to have.

157006[/snapback]

it's not a FEW and anyway it's not up to you nor I but up to the developers of the game.. the poll was merely to get an estimate of how many players feel this should happen. unfortunately, there aren't enough players posting on this forum for obvious reasons to get an accurate estimate.. it's not really that important in the end because i do trust the developers to do what's right, even if i might disagree. what i've noticed is that there is this group of people that are jealous and embittered against many fighters on the game.. that's sad because in the game we all depend upon each other just as in real life.. don't forget that. this is really all i have to say on the subject because i've said all that i needed to and there is no point to continue an arguement for the sake of fighting. we can do that on a PK map. <grins> ciao

PS plz don't make fun of anyone here because their english is not perfect (calling them a child, etc).. we all come from different nationalities and cultures and languages.. maybe your polish or german or french is not perfect? cya ingame....... BYE

Edited by Enyo