Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  

new mining intermediate

why not make gold to be harvested at lvl 30 and have a new mineral Plantinum at 34 either that or some other metal ..... lead tungston(wulfram)

I like the platinum idea. They could be smelted into platinum coins. of course this would mean a high level of harvesting/alchemy/manu/whatever, but still. The rest is a bit off though. remember this is pre 20th century... very pre 20th century...

we could always have adimite (not copieing runscape .. morowind also has it and many other games so it wouldent be copieying or feel fre to invent your own mineral :wink: )

I know! I know! Uranium! We could make nuclear bombs and such and blow up the world! Hooray!

yea... :roll:

squakenite . . . . . ? very real strong as titanium ( can be made stronger buy heating and cooling ( fire essences and squakenite in manu window with a hammer in invitory ) ( then to cool you need a bucket in your inventory and mix water essence with squakenite ( squakenite will say hot squakenite if its not cooled ) and you must be wear leather clolves to touch the hot squakenite )

hmm, let me expand on the arcanite idea :P

a item when made are tuned to a essence type, and after tuneing will basicly supply that type of essence to the wizard like he had it in his inventory as long as he is wearing the arcanite item. so if i have a ring that provides 1 death essence any spell i cast that needs death essences costs one less death essence as long as i wear the ring.

cost of the items? prize of essences times somewehere between 100 and 1000. so a 3 essence item (as in 3 fire essence or 3 death essence or similar, not 1of 3 diffrent kinds) will be 45000 or maybe 45000000(most likley the last). and that is just the price for a pure arcanite item, stack a useable weapon type (staffs) on top of that and we are looking at the added price of that weapon.

and i dear anyone to get so many items that they can cast all spells, all the time.

and to make it compleatly hard, lest not make the items storebought, it can only be bought from someone with high manufacture skill :)

arcanite needs to be mined, and maybe even refined, so high harvesting and alchemy skills will be needed to...

we could allso ultimatly make the arcanite work by converting etheral points into essences when cast so the cost in essences will drop but the etheral points burn will go up when useing arcanite items. maybe in a 10 to 1 ratio so say 1 essence less will mean 10 etheral points more. if we do this the lower of the prices listed above becomes more realistic, if not then the higher one may be more apropriate...

yeah platinum is kinda far off but this game does hve some fantasy in it i mean magic goblins teleportation i think smelting platinum wouldn't be that bad the other metal i wanted to say is wulfram i think i would be the most realist to use but it would be have to be heavier than iron

Uranium for armors !?!?!

First of all, you'd kill yourself trying to lift it. Second, if you're not dead yet the radiation will kill you eventually. Even with depleted uranium ...

Now, for ranged weapons, it'd be nice. Arrows with a uranium arrowhead :)

So, what else do we need *picks up his periodic table*

Titanium, Vanadium, Chrome, Manganese, Iron (oh, no, we have that), Cobalt, Nickel, Copper (hey that'd be nice, think of a use for that), Zink, Zirkonium, Niobium, Molybdenum, Tc what's that? Technium??, Ruthetium, Rhodium, Palladium, Silver (scrap that too), Cadmium, ehhh....my knowledge start to fail here...Haffnium???, Tantalum???, Tungsten, Re???, Osmium???, Iridium, Platinum, Gold (done already), Mercury (have that too)

Isn't vanadium used in tools like wrenches and stuff? Maybe it could be used for armor > titanium? I think we need platinum too, but since in the game 1000 gold == 1 plat it should be even higher level than titanium. Copper could be used between iron and silver, if only i could think of something to do with it. Make drinking cups? Do plumbing in player owned houses? Alchemy, of course.

EDIT: and of course we need yttrium, barium, copper and oxygen, so we can make super conductors :) Well, the oxygen we don't have to mine, perhaps...

or or or or or or... poopinite.

Its made out of your own poop, your diet determines its strength. IE if you eat a lot of veggies and corn, it'll be stronger...

Duran: Great idea with Arcanite! Let's use it :) I think we can also come up with other fantasy metals..you all know "Mithril" i'm sure, but I dont want to use already existing fantasy metals..let's come up with our own!

Galahadh: poopite? LOOL...well, funny but..haha, too funny for the game :)

drum nice use for a perodic table but uh half those metals u said that are not in common knowedge are brittle metals and the others are radioactive lol iridium 60 will kill u in aweek unless u get the exposed part of ur body amputated ...... and i did mention tungsten (wulfram) quiet abit and also i like the idea of mithril .....i mean can't really copyright that eh

Hehe... i was just looking for ideas. Iridium 60?? Iridium has atom number 77, so there can be no iridium-60. The two most abundant isotopes are iridium-193 and iridium-191, neither of which are radio active. cobalt-60 is, but is also very rare.

About tungsten, what in the world would you use it for? I know the glowing spiral in lamps are made of it, but that's about the only use i know about.

Roja, minor quibble: arcanite, if real, would most probably be a mineral, not a metal.

Ok, enough real-life chemistry, we need more fantasy minerals and metals. Can't really use kryptonite i suppose :( How about mordenium, a weapon made of mordenium wil not only hit, but also poison your opponent. It's useless for armor though, since it's quite weak. That is also the reason that you only have a small chance of hitting someone wearing strong armor (steel, titanium) with a mordenium sword.

Just being a smartass, everyone is going to want their own metal with a prefix that has some esoteric meaning, ending with the same old "ite" or "anium".

I really want to make dragons for the game..but there is a technical problem wtih big monsters. All the monsters only take up 1 tile square, so basically..they will be half in/out of houses, trees, you.....i asked ent if he can do anything about it and he said it would be really hard so i guess we can kiss dragons goodbye :(

but maybe if enough people ask for it... :(:):D :wink:

make the dragons take up 4 tiles :( but i dont know if it should be a dragon . . . .dragons are boring . . . . so many games have them . . . . maybe if you change some of the aperience like instead on it could be lke a giant bird/dragon . . . . weird looking though a bird head and a dragon body :)

this is sidetracking but the real problem with dragons is pathfinding, its not hard maeking a monster that is multitile, what is hard is haveing this multitile monster move around...

yeah we need to make up metals .... sorry about the mix up on iridium i am rust on that part of it feel free to as about organic chemisty i am wiz at that oh well..............maybe we could change ore to coal mixtures depending on how much coal u use would give more to attack and more ore would make how much damage you could do .......