Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Roja

Map Editor Bug :(

Okay, I just checked in a patch that may or may not fix saving maps with particle systems on windows. Unfortunately I don't have an easy way to test it, or even build it :) , so I need outside help again.

Hey thanks Grum..if CK made one, he never gave it to me.

Tested it out..first, strangely when I open the editor(not open a map just open the editor), there is a white particle in the corner.

Second..particles still don't save themselves on the maps :(

Although the particle saving bug does seem to be fixed(saving the actual .part file itself).

158077[/snapback]

Uh, I PM'd you twice, and told you it on #mod, lol. I guess you must have a lot on your hands. :P

I'll build latest cvs, and post here when I've updated it. ;)

OK, I built it, it's still at my website (the link grum posted above). It works now, too. (Which is why I PM'd you before, instead of posting here).

Oh sorry CK..maybe you did..damn I get so many pm's if i don't respond to them right then I might forget.

Anyway..tested it out, still no good with saving the particles on the maps. Also..something interesting happened. I believe Daxon talked to one of you guys about a strange black box appearing in his map? It SEEMS to be a light object(as when you turn the lights off it dissapears), But you cannot pick it up or do anythign to it.

Anyway, I placed the particle with a light on the map(the torch one), saved the map, closed the editor, opened the editor, opened the map. No particle was there, but that black box DID show up in the very left corner.

HRM... maybe it didn't upload or smth... I'll double-check that. :) (That stuff was fixed in the one I jjust compiled)

EDIT: try this:

http://rootshell.be/~bremac/Map_Edit.zip

(I editted Grum's post to include this link too)

Edited by crusadingknight

Same thing with this one as I described above. This ONLY happens with particles that have a light source linked to it (so only the fire ones).

Found and fixed the bug, it saved the number of lights on the map wrong, so that it tried to read too many lights.

CK, could you do your magic again, pwetty please?

Ok the latest map editor has a file missing it is

Unable to locate component

libgdk-win32-2.0-0.dll

libglib-2.0-0.dll

intl.dll

libgdk_pixbuf-2.0-0.dll

libgmodule-2.0-0.dll

libgobject-2.0-0.dll

libpango-1.0-0.dll

libpangowin32-1.0-0.dll

DOWNLOAD THEM FROM HERE !!

http://www.dlldump.com/

There are even more files after these dont know when its goin to end :P

so we need a programmer to sort these problems :)

Edited by Shyfx

Hold up while I try to trim some of them.

EDIT: Trimmed a couple minor things, but everything there is needed.. shyfx, how old of a version of the map editor do you have? :P

Crusading - no, it's not needed on windows. It's only needed if you compile it with GTK (and you shouldn't do that...). Check the files for gtk references and remove those that have it.

I just found another bug. When you go into minimap mode (m), there used to be a red X to show your location on the map, now i'ts not there anymore...can you guys put it back?

Ehm? It's there for me.

O wait. Check mapedit.ini if

#show_position_on_minimap = 1

hm..yes it is set to 1, that's strange..it wouldn't have anything to do with me renaming the map editor to map_editor.exe would it?

any ideas on that guys? I did have it set to 1..and I see no red X.

Another bug: If an object is completely black, you cannot pick it up. This happens when we put the black 3d tile down, OR if you make an object Self Lit, and you keep RGB at 000 values.

Hey guys, in addition to those bug fixes..I have a small request for another feature. If you press and hold ctrl while placing height map tiles you get 9 tiles. if you press and hold alt you get 49...well i'd like to ask if you can make one more, huge tile placement, when you press & hold shift: 98x98 tiles, or 100x100 to make it nicer :P Basically, I'd liek to place 4 of those big tile groups all at once to cover a large area.

Or what would be ever more awesome would be this: a "magic wand" tool for the height map! If you dont knwo what that is, in a 2d image editor you would select all pixels of the same color that are contiguous to each other (they can be discontiguous too).

In fact, this can be done using the current Replace menu we have, just add another feature for the height map! Would it be possible to have a "contiguous" & "discontiguous option for the heigth map though?

About the black body problem: object under the mouse are detected by drawing them in a buffer, and then checking the buffer if the luminance at the selected point is not zero. This fails for completely black objects. I have checked in a workaround for the self-lit objects which consists of disabling self-lighting while the drawing for the collision check is made, but I don't think that'll work for the black 3d tile :P

Better ideas on how to detect which object is under the mouse are more than welcome :D

PS: I'm also not sure what happens when two or more 3d objects are both under the mouse. It looks like it's possible that the program picks up the wrong one.

Ok..well if it's not possible to fix, we DO need a way to somehow get a black 3d object off a map.

About the magic wand tool:

- Do you want it in a area specified by a maximum distance?

- I assume you want to select all tiles which are touching? (Floodfill implementation, which could take a while, depending on the tile, and map size). Discontiguous might prove faster on a defined area, but parsing a full, LARGE map (256*6)*(256*6), (thus 2359296 height map tiles) could take a while. I'd suggest limiting the maximum distance from the home tile to 50 (height map tiles, not ground tiles).

I'd suggest limiting the maximum distance from the home tile to 50 (height map tiles, not ground tiles).

164671[/snapback]

If that's the case, can you just make the 100x100 tiles place at once when you press shift? (as I described above)

Uh, I tried... and discovered that shift is already used to position the view.

In fact, this can be done using the current Replace menu we have, just add another feature for the height map! Would it be possible to have a "contiguous" & "discontiguous option for the heigth map though?

162685[/snapback]

OK, instead, I made the following patch, and submitted it to the Map Editor section: https://developer.berlios.de/patch/index.ph...7&group_id=1256

Basically, pressing SHIFT while in heightmap mode, (and without alt or ctrl), will result in a floodfill (much like the paintcan icon in paint).

As well, I rewrote a hackish function, which used modes instead of a size.

;)