Eternal Lands Official Forums
Usalfin

Marco1

Marco1(one) bag jumped a trade between Hathol, and ttlanhil. He refused to give stuff back. It was 800 sulfer and 2k each of red flowers, so probably making FEs right now on it.

Ok, edit, He gave back bag, AFTER taking the Sulfur........

Edited by Usalfin

the problem here is, i checked the stats... all 0... this looks to me like a characted made just to steal or other Bad Things. :o

Plus it's easy to remove the char and make another (after transfering the stuff in storage)... new name, same player, no way to know it's the same troublemaker!

(and no, not bag-trading isn't an acceptable answer, and yes, i've suggested a solution about that in another area of the forum)

He's done it again. He stole a bag HyperIdle was making for me at raven tonight. Everyone told him to move, he ignored everyone and cleaned out the entire bag, then logged off. He did NOT return anything. HyperIdle was so pissed about it he's quitting EL for good. People like marco1 are driving everyone away, and it's getting worse now with the flood of teenagers from runescape coming in who know nothing but scamming, stealing and lying. It's very sad to see. :D

Guest skaar
Watch this guy...follow him...he will have to transfer the stuff to his main...and that's where we got him! then everyone can make his life hell.

Yeah, only problem if he trades with his main character near a flooded storage, than u dont know who in his reach is he trading with :P . but if u find out, make him life to hell <_<

Yeah, only problem if he trades with his main character near a flooded storage, than u dont know who in his reach is he trading with  :) . but if u find out, make him life to hell  <_<

155169[/snapback]

Actually, if he does trade with his main char, he's violating the rules. When that happens, just get a mod who can look into it, and BAM. If there's a mod available.

Guest skaar

the problem is, u cant see if he is trading with some1, and i dont think a mod/nh will watch him every time he is on. other case, he dont trade with main char and use the man in middle principle :huh: and thats not against rules, so im afraid the chance to get the main char is near zero :) and depends on ur luck or a mod who look at him :) (but in fact he didnt break a rule the chance a mod/nh keeps an eye on him is very low ;) ). and if u find out the main char the problem isnt solved cause he can create another char for bagjumping every time. :(

i'm not sure what the solution to this is, apart from blocking people leacing IP till they get a few levels, which would slow it down a bit and annoy the newbs (on the other hand, it could be to their advantage, they're safer there than taking the boat to portland)

other option is a way to #warning player, from then on, their IP or something causes their name to come up orange? (we don't see the IP, so you don't even have the small chance of abusing that) would require the server to remember that permenantly, though, and people using proxies or work and home, etc can avoid it