Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
swisstest

Weapon suggestions

Not so much a put down on the current weapons but it seems that everyone is running around with the same stuff which is a common problem in rpgs... perhaps class specific items can be added, i.e. :

Staves for mages which reduces the amount of etheral points per cast rather than adding to damadge.

Adventurer class weaponry, for those who want to level all skills equally things such as the pick axe could be expanded, a hatchet for cutting trees, small knives for carpentry, etc. these can double as weapons which while they don't do much damadge offer other benifits (and are expensive as they are tools of a trade).

Hunter's gear camaflogue type armor and bows and such, stuff which wouldn't stand out in the woods, perhaps more effective if animals begin to run from players...

More diverse weaponry for regular melee fighters, the staves were a good start but the stats still don't compare to swords, also the axes which have been talked about much :). Items which while they don't add the exact same attributes of a sword can begin to compare, a staff which has a high attack bonus but lower damadge (perhaps flip/flop the current stats off swords...).

Just a thought.

firso of all there just needs to be MORE istems in the game, no need for class specific weapons yet...

examples for weapons:

more swords, doh

axes?

javelins?

more staffs? (ie. staffs with blades on the sides)

new armors:

armored legs

helmets!

platemails etc for the torso

more shields

Later:

ranged weapons..

im just saying that for every new weapon that gets added in the game, numbers of diffrent combinations of items increase quite much... and i like when not everyone looks alike :)

each adding off new type of armor needs to be fit to each model and made sure it flows with the animation properly so its not a simple as just making the armor, unless they do it some way i've never seen... so each piece needs to be fit and checked 6 times unless male/female are the almost same model with diff textures... weapons are a bit easier cause u can use the same animation as other weapons of the same time...

i ones posted about some staffs (or other items) that supply the user with a regenerating pool of essences. maybe its time i make that psot again so the idea dont die.

i allso posted about daggers right before the old board got deleted so maybe its time ofr me to post that one again to :)

He said he didn't want anyone to go around just casting spells, like u only casts them before you advance to melee,heal after, or need to get somewhere. Lets face it the spells aren't very useful and essences weigh to much to actually have a mage

heh, even in the old d&d you still had to get your hands dirty as a spellcaster. most spells are not about combat but utility. unlocking doors if you dont have a expert thief around and so on...

of course there's going to be mroe weapons/armor....just wait a few months so i can get to it :D

:( I'm leaving on January 20th... okay here's what you do, mail me a laptop and a cellphone at

Recruit Swisshelm, Sean

Some base in Hollywood

USMC Basic 66666

That should get it to me... :)

hmmm or probably some unique weapons you know like elemental weapons or posion weps maybe something that if you get hit itll paralze you *of course thewy should make it so you have a extremely low chance to get it or put it as a drop for something almost impossible to kill to make it fair*

we shoudl get magic items too that can increase some skills while wearing while lowring others and if get hit by say a poison dagger u have to find out wat kind of poisen it is and find an anidote for it that woudl be kool

:P I'm leaving on January 20th... okay here's what you do, mail me a laptop and a cellphone at

LMAO, you really think Ent and Roja have money to send u a laptop and cellphone?