Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
monoceros

Latency (lag)

Last night I had a alot of trouble, had to exit a lot so as not to get eaten by a grue and lose my stuff. and I have 54mbps dsl.

Edited by scarab2k

Last night I had a alot of trouble, had to exit a lot so as not to get eaten by a grue and lose my stuff. and I have 54mbps dsl.

153315[/snapback]

54 mbps DSL? WTF dude, there's no such thing.

thats megabits not bytes, which is equivilant of about 500k per sec. :)

153545[/snapback]

Oh, right. I thought that was the equivalent to 9Mb/second. I guess they rewrote the math while I went to the bathroom or something.

yes lately i got quite some trouble too that my games freezes for a few seconds and i have to reboot or when i disconnect i can't reconnect and i'm pretty laggy :D

my ping was yesterday 400-800 , right now its 60~

i also have latly that when i enter a map i get always 2 resycns.. even when i use teleport

My ping is at a 50-60 MS, so I normally do not see any lag problems. On my computer, limiting the fps somewhat, seems to make everything run smoother.

My average ping hasn't changed much, it's always been somewhere around 100-150 ms. I lagged for several seconds on a few occasions though in a sparsely populated areas like Naralik, and I got eaten by a grue two or three times, both of which which usually don't happen.

Btw, 54 Mbps is 6.75 MB/s, because 1 bit = 8 bytes. 54 Mbps is the maximum speed of 802.11g wireless, which is probably the kind of LAN you have scarab2k. It's probably not your internet connection speed, cause DSL can't go faster than about 3 Mbps. Getting a 54 Mbps internet connection requires fiber optic cables and thousands of dollars, and usually only large organizations have something that fast.

Edited by chintan

My average ping hasn't changed much, it's always been somewhere around 100-150 ms.  I lagged for several seconds on a few occasions though in a sparsely populated areas like Naralik, and I got eaten by a grue two or three times, both of which which usually don't happen.

Btw, 54 Mbps is 6.75 MB/s, because 1 bit = 8 bytes.  54 Mbps is the maximum speed of 802.11g wireless, which is probably the kind of LAN you have scarab2k.  It's probably not your internet connection speed, cause DSL can't go faster than about 3 Mbps.  Getting a 54 Mbps internet connection requires fiber optic cables and thousands of dollars, and usually only large organizations have something that fast.

153811[/snapback]

you mean 1 byte = 8 bits (just as one word is 4 bytes in IA32 architecture)

you mean 1 byte = 8 bits (just as one word is 4 bytes in IA32 architecture)

154171[/snapback]

Oops, yeah that's what I meant :) .