Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Would You Be Interested In A Blog Plug In?

We can get a Blog module for the forums, to allow the users to keep online journals and such.

The thing is, it's 50 USD (plus 20/usd each year, for updates). This is not a big problem, as we like to invest the money from the game back to the game. However, there are other things we can invest the money into, such as advertising.

So would you really be interested in such a feature? I mean, would you plan to use it?

So would you really be interested in such a feature? I mean, would you plan to use it?

152955[/snapback]

I wouldn't.

Blogs, an interesting idea, but not one I will support in this forum, for exactly both Placid and Leeloo's reasons.

Anymore, mods are censor-happy, and others are ready to push the line. It even goes so far that I feel that peaceful dissenters have no place to voice an objection (which is something I HIGHLY object to).

I say if people really want their own blogs, they really should sign up for one somewhere else. That way, anyone can post whatever they want, without the fear of having the forum mods censor it unless they ask them to, and the mods don't have to be responsible for it either.

I would say no. Too many trolls and problem kids out there. ;)

@ Arnieman: there are no censor happy mods...only stressed volunteers who try to give their best to keep these forums alive. The alternative to being strict about all the hatred that flooded these forums was shutting them down.

I simply wouldn't use it.

Don't most people on forums that want to share their blogs just link them in the signature?

Would existing bloggers want to start again or rehost it? Or is the target people that don't blog yet?

I would say no. Too many trolls and problem kids out there. ;)

153006[/snapback]

I agree with Soldus, so it's a No from me too.

I don't see the point, $50USD a year could go into other things like caffeinated drinks for the developpers.

All jokes aside, I wouldn't be interested, too many people would write them but no-one would look at them.

I vote no also. If there is some interest in such a thing, a volunteer could make it on some other site and stick a link. That can probably be made for free

Edited by shasso

I vote no, I think there are better things to spend the money on and it would just end up being another soapbox for people.

I vote yes ;)

Why? Because my no vote was deleted, apparently I'm not allowed to vote against Entropys ideas.

153032[/snapback]

Well I vote no because I'm sure there are better things to spend the money on, like paying the developers of this wonderful game.

x.X Advertising is gunna mean lots more players.. Which will mean more overcrowding.. Which will mean more disputes..Which will mean more breaking of rules..

Personally, I think waiting till the second continent is in before a large amount of advertising, would be a good idea.. But, I'm just Hazor. :-p

Hoestly I would rather slam my head in a window, blogs are annoying. If you wanna listen to someone rant about life sucking just im me sometime. xP

The advertising won't come until we have the second continent, and perhaps another server as well.

As for the blogs, we don't have to give them to everyone, only the group of users we chose to (such as developers, mods, and anyone we think might have something itnerestign to say).

I'd have to say yes, since I enjoy being kept up to date an learning in such a fashion. :P

Guest Magdalene
@ Arnieman: there are no censor happy mods...only stressed volunteers who try to give their best to keep these forums alive. The alternative to being strict about all the hatred that flooded these forums was shutting them down.

153006[/snapback]

I'd disagree here but I'll not elaborate to not become another victim of your "stressed volunteering" and "strictness". I voted no - there's no point of creating online diaries which will be, as many people before me pointed here, censored up. Community without a voice is not a community anymore no blogs are going to help.

I'd disagree here but I'll not elaborate to not become another victim of your "stressed volunteering" and "strictness". I voted no - there's no point of creating online diaries which will be, as many people before me pointed here, censored up. Community without a voice is not a community anymore no blogs are going to help.

153207[/snapback]

Wow, someone actually articulated what I was thinking... :P

If you "stressed volunteers" are so stressed out in your "strictness", why do you make it look like you enjoy it so much?

You say toh-MAY-to, I say toh-MAH-to; You say stressed volunteer, I say censor-happy.

153207[/snapback]

Then, may I ask, why did you register on some forums that belongs, according to your reasoning, to no community?

I would never register, much less post on some forums where I feel that the moderation is unfair.

I dont' see the point in paying for a blog module when people can get their own free blog via blogger.com or countless other blogging places out there...if you want something for the mods, devs, etc, then just give them access to a sub-web on EL...www.eternal-lands.com/roja or something like that, for them to link their blog to...plus with blogger, you can have a team blog, where everyone just contributes to the same one, etc...

It's free, just no point in playing $50 for one for your own site...there's other free ones out there, too, Jakuren played with a lot of them, too...but then he realized this one he played with to do what he wanted, he tweaked, and changed it, etc, etc...and realized blogger had everything he had wanted.

So if you seriously WANT to see about setting up blogs, etc, then try a free one first, to see how well it goes over, before you decide to buy one, if you really want to buy one...

Honestly just no point in wasting the money...

I voted no; I would never use it. I just pm people ingame when I want to chat about something. Like others have said, I personally think the money could go to better things than blogs. Even if it's donuts and coffee for late nights of programming.

Side note: What is this stuff about no community? :blink: The "Off Topic" part of the forums seems to be getting along just fine...there are many good threads that make me smile, at least. :lol:

Edited by Tanyia