Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Acelon

People of USA, watch out

Lucky thing Canada-US|US-Canada border security is so tight, because, even if you do come here, it'll take you a few hours. :P

You can't drive to England, right?  :P

*calls the Royal British Air Force*

153115[/snapback]

If he can, I know a good bunker on the coast... :)

NOOOOOOOO! RUN!!!! WE ARE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well..it wont' be nearly as bad when I get my licencese July 25.

Already signed up for Driver's Ed and will do the requirements for my temps in 2 weeks ^^

:D

Whats wrong with indiana? Accept for the overpopulation of hillbillys and inbreds.

153491[/snapback]

Well, what's wrong with Indiana? If lv lived there, he'd be a lot closer to me than he is in PA.

congratz l_v! and remember dont drive on the sidewalks...thats my turf :huh: .

You're 17 and you *just* got your license? Quite the slacker, aren't you?

155642[/snapback]

Well in PA, when you are eligable to get your permit when you turn 16 however I had to wait a few months because I had alot of stuff going on at the time. Then after getting your permit, you need to wait 6 month and drive atleast 50 hours (i drove like 200) THEN you can start trying. I got it only 3 months later than I would have.

Well in PA, when you are eligable to get your permit when you turn 16 however I had to wait a few months because I had alot of stuff going on at the time. Then after getting your permit, you need to wait 6 month and drive atleast 50 hours (i drove like 200) THEN you can start trying. I got it only 3 months later than I would have.

155652[/snapback]

That's why you move to Arkansas to get a license. ;)

Wow...i'm glad i don't live there 0.o . I'm goign to take the test for my permit next week and I have my Driver's ed class in June. And considering eveyrythign goes well I get my provational licencese or whatever it is which allows me to drive alone but only durring the day time (there is a set of times). The only exception is if you are driving from work/school during night hours. Then like a year later you get yoru full license considering you drove the set ammoutn of hours. ;)

Yay wisconsin :P

Wow...i'm glad i don't live there 0.o .  I'm goign to take the test for my permit next week and I have my Driver's ed class in June.  And considering eveyrythign goes well I get my provational licencese or whatever it is which allows me to drive alone but only durring the day time (there is a set of times).  The only exception is if you are driving from work/school during night hours.  Then like a year later you get yoru full license considering you drove the set ammoutn of hours. ;)

Yay wisconsin  :blink:

155727[/snapback]

I thought they only did that in Buffalo, New York. :P

We didn't have any required driving hours.. unless you include the 14-16 hours required during driver's ed. Just.. take the class, finish the driving section in the summer where you get your permit, then get your license 6 months later. You have to wait an additional 6 months to carry non-family members in your car, but that's not important. :D

Edited by Daxon

Wow.. here in sweet home Alabama they dont have any of that.

Just take the written test and then your drivers test (on the same day) and if you pass then you got yourself a drivers liscence.

Oh and you can get your permit at 15, but you have to have a liscenced adult over 18 in the car with you.

Course its been a decade since I got mine, so things may have changed since then.

Oh and you can get your permit at 15, but you have to have a liscenced adult over 18 in the car with you.

Course its been a decade since I got mine, so things may have changed since then.

155757[/snapback]

Think it's adult over 21, now.

Wow.. here in sweet home Alabama they dont have any of that.

Just take the written test and then your drivers test (on the same day) and if you pass then you got yourself a drivers liscence.

155757[/snapback]

I do believe you can get a license at 14 in Arkansas. :D

155652[/snapback]

Ohio law allows you to get the learner permit ("temps") at 15 and a half. Before you get your actual license, if you get it before you turn 18, you have to get driver's ed, and 50 hours of driving (10 of which have to be at night), and wait 6 months. Of course, then you have to actually pass a driving test...

And if you think 17's bad... well, I won't mention it yet.

Unless you're in the UK or Japan, then it's the left size.

actually, north america is the only continent where you drive on the right side of the road and have the steering wheel on the right side of the vehicle, everywhere else its on the left.

question, you americans who have the steering wheel on the opposite sides of your cars, is the break still in the middle, accel on the right and clutch on the left? or did u reverse that too?

actually, north america is the only continent where you drive on the right side of the road and have the steering wheel on the right side of the vehicle, everywhere else its on the left.

question, you americans who have the steering wheel on the opposite sides of your cars, is the break still in the middle, accel on the right and clutch on the left? or did u reverse that too?

155877[/snapback]

What in the world are you talking about? We have the steering wheel on the left side of the car but we DRIVE on the right side of the road, not have the steering wheel there on the right side of the car. I have never ever ever seen a car with a steering wheel on the right side of the car in the US. :D

Clutches are only for manual shift cars, although most cars are automatic now. Most cars only have the brake on the left, accel pedal on the right. IF it is a manual transmission, the clutch is on the left, the brake in the middle, the accel pedal on the right.