Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

I need your input guys!

as for changing the wraith, i think that he does need a bit fixing up, but then again, he's been here in the game sense the begining. so in other words, he holds a lot of history behind it. If u were to change it, the history behind it wouldn't be forgotten but for new players in the game they would know much of how it was back when the game first started out unless someone told them.

It would be nice to see a few changes about the wraith, but not to change him completely. Maybe the color or his robes, well, i dunno.

-kat

Roja anything other then just a face lift would break my heart. The wraith is like a old friend, when I go to see him he helps me remember the old days. For the people that want to split up the wraith or move him my question is this, by doing either of those things does it serve a higher purpose? Is there a true benefit from changing the wraith or is it that you would just like to see yet one more change to a game that I already have a hard time recognizing from the game that I fell in love with.

Edited by xavier1

Well, personally, I don't think anything should be so easily accessible... the beam seems to have served it's usefulness, as it was only even meant for testing maps, not giving a speed advantage...

153679[/snapback]

Some new players still get lost, and, while as a more experienced player (tho not nearly as experienced as others), I like having the beam, I could do without it if need be. Maybe a level cap on #beam would be better?

Or possibly even 2^2^2^2 = 256

153679[/snapback]

or maybe 2^(2^(2^2)) = 2^(2^4) = 2^16 = 65,536...

As for the Wraith, I'll be fine with whatever. I like the idea of the facelift.

Edited by Arnieman

Beam is usefull to me because i hate waiting to get places, and it seems i can sometimes get places faster by beaming and going from there.

:rolleyes: I think it should look like a "Godlike visage of Ent" :lol: After all, he is God and the creator, so why not let him grant us our extra skills :)

:rolleyes: Stick Wraith in VOTD Veggie patch or somewhere as a scarecrow.. and make a umm... Dragon on two legs or something to take his place :P

I myself like the idea of splitting of the wraith in the way that the piper stated earlier in this thread. I think making people explore other areas or put to use other areas of the map might change up the senery a bit. Some of us that have been playing alot get into the habbit of sticking to mainly certain areas and dont really use half of the game. It is pointless to keep adding maps and then not giving a real incentive to have to go there. Such as Transanguard. It was fun to explore but gives no real reason to have to go there. Moving the wraith or at least part of the wraith to the magic school or at least to the trasanguard map would make more people have to use it. Also I kinda like the idea of the dragon wraith or maybe a dragon keeper wraith that was from long years past that gives out perks from the dragons lair house ... something like that anyways. heheh. anyways that is my 2 cents. Not that it means much lol. ;)

things are hard enough for newbies to learn already, sending the wraith in three directions won't help matters.

if you want to move something to reduce congestion at that point, maybe have the tutorial npc and new char spot elsewhere on IP? other side of the fire, for example, there's not much up there.

and a bit of a facelift probably wouldn't hurt, but it's great as it is

as for the #beam, removing that completely would be a problem, even without map bugs. for one thing, teleport to range, and find you don't have enough for another, and no tele rigns... or get pinned in at storage or something... there are some places it'd only take two people to lock in several more (eg inside the stand of the magic apple, get an afk person on either end of the inside, and anyone else is stuck)

so for below 20, say, beam goes to IP, and over 20 (that's any skill), it goes to a random location half a screen away. can't get trapped, but not useful for anything else, in this case it really is just a bug escape tool (trying to escape a monster? what if you jump towards it? 8^)

I also like the Pipers idea. Such inspiration.

I think if there is a split it won't be too confusing maybe speaking to any one of the three could give directions to one of the others...

The biggest mistakes a player can make when developing their character is made with perks, they don't read the descriptions properly and refuse to reset at anything higher than 31.

Nexuses are accountable for more mistakes being made not as serious this time though.

Attributes are easy enough to use, and I've never really been too worried about the Reasoning attributes I managed to pick up at the start, but then again I'm not much of a fighter.

It's almost like classifying the categories Beginner, Advanced and Expert. In terms of character planning.

I agree that confusing the noobs is the last thing that needs to be done but if the location or locations of the wraith or wraiths is added to the tutorial that would first show them where to find the wraiths and if put last it would give time for them to learn all the maps first.

and just moving it to a different part of ip is pretty much pointless i would think unless of course as stated by someone else earlier, moving the wraith to the cave. That would be a little bit of a change. The thing is that some noobs like i was when i started learn by exploring and if they explore ip and wonder upon the wraith right off the bat, that is when the mistakes are made and then they have to reset not long after they really start figuring things out on EL.

I for one don't like the fact that one NPC has all the power of character development and being so easily accessible to all players. I don't believe that the Wraith should be able to be able to do all three.

As for it's position, I'd think would be nice to move it to Naralik, per the Previous suggested Story about Naralik (if that story is going in that direction) and include a completely different use for him. But, If the Wraith isn't to be moved (which I have nothing against), it should have it's powers stripped and instead It should be the TUT. NPC and we can do away with the other NPC at start-up all together. That'll make one less NPC for Newbies to worry about.

Now, as for the Character Development functions, I suggest we go a whole different way with them.

Nexuses:

First, Nexuses shouldn't be based on the current Pick point system. Instead of buying them from an NPC, I think players should be able to earn Nexuses or Nexuses points during the course of the game. The choice of which Nexus a Player wishes should be available to that player immediately upon earning it. A player should be either be able to increase a particular Nexuses Level by way of a Quest or by way of earning Nexus Points in which that player may choose to accolate in whichever Nexuses Level that player desires.

Attributes:

Attributes should work the same way as the above Nexus but still based on the current Pick Point system. A Player should be able to immediately be able to accolate their Gained Pick Point into whichever Attribute they wish upon gaining by way of a Window (I'm thinking that it should just use the Player Stats Window) in which a Player can choose where the Gain Point should go right away without the need for a Middleman. Once they gain a PP, that player should be able to just open their Stats Window and push a button next to the Attribute they wish to raise to accolate it. After all, the way I see it, a Player should have more control over their training then an NPC and this way, the player has total control.

Perks:

I've touched upon this idea once before so I'll bring it up again. I think all the Perks should first be completely redesigned to be far more balanced with the game and ultimately be God-Associated and thus Earned rather then Bought from an NPC. This way, Player's won't all choose the same general Perks that almost every player does because their choices of available perks will be limited by their in-game choices. Not everybody will all have the same Perks since not every Perk will be available to every player at any given point in the game. An added bonus to this would giving the Gods in this game a little for purpose then they are now and God-Given Blessings are far more interesting then EXP Bonuses.

In these ways, it would save all the time of crossing the Continent and the need for extra NPCs all together. Also, it would give the game a little more feeling of more player control and continuity rather then NPC reliance, so a player wouldn't need to stop playing just to advance a little.

I'm sure not everyone will enjoy my version of the Perk system but I rather believe we need more limits in which we can advance our characters. Right now, there are just too many players choosing the same Perks over all over while there are several Perks that are still completely unused by anyone, Then abusing those Perks over and over with the Reset command.

Edited by Kami