Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

I need your input guys!

I want to fix up The Wraith at beam, because honestly right now he is the crappiest model in the game...looks terrible..i'm ashamed I ever made him :P

But I was thinking a bit about it...a wraith is really outta place on Isla Prima, it's also one of the first things a newbie will see. Now of course we can make up stories to go behind the wraith, but he just seems too out of place, imo, regardless. I don't want to make him really scary looking because of these things (newbies and out of placeness).

Do you think there should be a different creature or person there, to replace the wraith? Or perhaps even move it's location? Make people go to a different map to get their attributes..IP is already very cluttered with newbies and it might confuse them witht the tutorial npc there too.

Or should I just keep him as he is? Crappy texture and all? :)

What are YOUR ideas on this? I need your help :)

you could change it to some kind of mage. And put a funny pointy hat on his head... jk. Yeah, some kind of new person model, representing a mage? I don't really think it should be moved, though. Or maybe it could just be a ball of energy, lol!

One suggestion...you have the tutorial NPC there already...move him to where the wraith is. I'd move the wraith to someplace that is rarely used by people. For example in the Desert Pines map there is a big barn type building (just south of the docks) you could place him in there. Now the character itself...I like the idea of the wraith (kinda supernatural) but how about making him either a "ghost" dragon, or a ghost human?

Moving - No. Noobs have a hard enough time finding things as it is their first day in game.

Changing it - I like it. It's so much a part of the game that anything other than a face lift would be like removing a part of EL's history and character.

I'd prefer just shining him up rather than moving or changing him into a different character as well :P

Yes, please leave the wraith, he belongs there.

[btw, i think he looks fine, what's wrong with him?]

I agree, just shine him up a bit, and maybe move him closer to the path so that he is easier to see and has more room around him

Keep the Wraith as a wraith. I think he's really appropriate, taking a perk is like doing a deal with the devil, and that is the way I'd always consider roleplaying it. But the Wraith can do this without symbolising good or evil.

I don't think an npc such as a wizard would feel right. Why doesn't the wizard just go off and play the game? Why can't the wraith... because he's a ghost.

Maybe there could be different npcs for the three options, attributes, nexuses and perks.

The attributes could come from some kind of wizardly, princely warrior... on Isla prima as most people want to buy some strength at the very start of the game...

The nexuses could come from a wise man on the top of a mountain somewhere. Maybe an indian fakir theme... or a priest.

The perks should belong to the wraith, he should probably move into the magic school. It seens the most appropriate setting for him.

But please don't get rid of the wraith. He has a stylish theme. Even if he does have an outdated model.

Keep wraith. One thing that I'd like to see added, is a None, Thanks. after selecting each category, my lag causes me to misclick sometimes, and i hate having to click on him to restart it.

Ive had thoughts about this as well. But as for moving him, no.. Newbies have to start close to the wraith if they are ever gonna get sucked in to the game :(

However, changing his model could be a smart move. As you just said, he is kind of out of place and his model is kind of crappy, no offense ;) Some kind of old wise wizard.. or a spirit of some kind? (mother nature? :() Well.. a transparent (white mostly) female-like spirit might not be as scary as a dark "wraith"..

anyways, just me brainstorming here :)

I think it just needs a remake :(

and if it ever moves somewhere, it'd be cool f it were to move to the IP cave, cos there's nothing there... ;)

The Wraith, the hermit mage who lives in The IP cave :lol:

I want to fix up The Wraith at beam, because honestly right now he is the crappiest model in the game...looks terrible..i'm ashamed I ever made him ;)

Keep teh wraith. It brings a post-modernist feel into the game. I like it.

I don't get the point of people saying that newbies need to be able to find him. Newbies shouldn't be wasting pickpoints before they know what they want to use them for. They will start by harvesting and killing rabbits, rats and beavers. You don't need any nexus for that. You can use an iron sword without a human nexus, and inorganic won't be needed until you start harvesting quartz. Pumping up physique and coordination shouldn't be what a newbie starts with, and as for perks, the positive ones cost a lot and once you start to need nexuses you'll run out of pickpoints soon enough without spending them on perks. The negative perks require lots of knowledge about the game, to avoid needing to #reset later.

I'd say move him, let Isla Prima be the newbie-friendly island and move the wraith to somewhere that isn't used very much yet. Although I wouldn't suggest inside a town, he seems to be the kind of thing you would meet on a mountain or deep in the forest.

Getting him away from #beam me up would also cut down the use of that command (which should have been removed over a year ago).

I like the changing of the model idea. Perhaps something a little more representative of nature or the gods would be a good idea.

Moving it, i think, has it's plusses and minuses.

Moving it would mean that newbies have had the chance to explore and get to know the game a little better before they have had the chance to decide which way thier character is going to go.

Keeping it there would mean that newbies are better able to find it and get interested in the customization of thier characters at an early stage.

One benefits the quality of characters, the other benefits how many newbies choose to continue with EL. One is hard to find, the other tends to be over used.

Two sides of the same coin. I think both moving and not moving have their advantages.

Getting him away from #beam me up would also cut down the use of that command (which should have been removed over a year ago).

I personally love the beam me command, its great wehen you want to make a trade and not have to meet up with someone somewhere,.

Full ack with this. This would finally bring the IP rings to some use.

I like the looking of the wraith. Maybe polish it a bit, so it looks even more like a ghost, but keep the overall looking.

I also think that keeping the Wraith on IP in one form or another is a great idea.

One thought that I had would be to split his tasks up though, much like was suggested above. Instead of getting perks at the wraith, there should be another NPC that gives out perks in a really hard to find locale.

Either make it a place where there are some decent monsters, or in a place that is relatively hard to find, or both. Somewhere in the magic school, through the sewers. Or maybe in one of the maps that is not PK, but has more advanced monsters. Naralik comes to mind as well for that.

What this would do would be to cut down on the characters made as bagjumpers and mules as there would be more trouble involved in creating them and buffing them up, as well as reducing the number of newb resets from poor choices. Also, Naralik would become a much more popular map...

Anyway, it is just a thought. :)

I agree that newbies have no need for spending pps the minute they enter the game...How about keep the wraith where he is but make him the tutorial instead of the npc tutorial...put the pickpoint choosing someplace else.

how about an angel? a snowy angel since its always winter on ip...

and angels are good...they give you things (attributes...)

i like the form and color of the wraith tho and its flowy enough to work as an angel....

Edited by Doxxie

lol yeah its hard for some newbs to find lol once they see it they lose track of where it is... lol my friend i told him to go to the wraith for the pps and he said: "which wraith?" lol and he wasnt kidding :D