Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tanyia

Newb Stories

So after talking to a certain gnome today, I began to think of all the silly things I did when I was new, and I laughed. So, I decided to post them so that others can laugh and we can remember our first days of EL. Feel free to add on...Hehehehe

1.) I tried to eat raw meat for a whole day untill my fiancee pointed out that perhaps it was called "raw" for a reason...(no, he doesn't even play el!"

2.) I got horribly lost on IP and couldn't find the wraith for days (yes, DAYS).

3.) I thought that if you put something in one storage, that you could not get it out of any other storage.

4.) I thought I was banned from the forums because when I clicked on the little arrows next to the topics, the page reloaded with the arrow graphic changed.

5.) I got pwned by a rabbit after killing a beaver.

6.) I wandered into Grubani Peninsula about 1 hour after I started and met a cyclops on the boat, therefore vowing to never go back there again. (I have since been there once...)

7.) I thought Lord_Vermor like, owned Vermor castle or something, or at least that he owned the game.

8.) I thought Body Piercing meant that your character got piercings...like a tongue ring or something, and I could not figure out WHY that would be a PERK...

When I think of more I'll add them lol. I'm sure there are more that I can't remember right now!

Something I still try to do: When I'm in other computer programs other than EL, I try to hold down the middle mouse button to rotate the screen...like in my internet browser...lol

In your browser? ...

Anyway, lemme see... I met somebody that pretty much taught me the game, gave me stuff, and gave me tips... I got up to the point where I could kill a deer, and I thought, "Hey, if I can kill a DEER with my bare hands, a snake shouldn't be too hard..." and died to a brown snake. Oh yeah, some guilds were handing out free items at beam, so I got some weapons and armor. I got a spear, then got a sword and shield. When I found out that I couldn't have on either one while still using the spear, I just gave them back. :P Then, there was a complete item wipe, and everything I ever had was gone, about a week after I started playing. Oh yeah, and Hazor denied the fact that goats go moo... that's the first thing in my chatlog. Well, almost..

Welcome to Eternal Lands, the Beta Version. If you are new here, please talk to Raven, she will guide you through the game. You can not leave the newbie island unless you talk to her, and do what she says.

If you want to support the game, and you can afford it, please consider making a small donation. Even 5 USD helps.

You are new here, talk with Raven, by right cliking on her. Raven is a female elf, has a black shirt, and white pants. She will be your guide.

You advanced to level 2 of attack!

You advanced to level 2 of defense!

You advanced to level 2 of combat!

TirasHazor: I always that thats what cows did..

The very first thing I did was harvest vegetables in the middle of Tirnwood. I'd managed to wander over there and scored a vegetable on my third or fourth try... it took some time but eventually I met the exp limit.

I think I had 7 pick points, maybe more and I got a cool idea to make a few hundred gc and get I glow in the dark... so I got lilacs outside WSC, not the close ones to WSC either and started selling to the shop. I also joined Glydoc. Upon leaving the temple I realised I'd been ripped off, getting less exp than when I entered... silly.

But anyway I got I glow in the dark and that was my very first PP purchase...

24 levels later... I had Mirror skin. I had Monster magnetism. I had 100 EMU. I had 25 material points. I think all my other levels were in Inorganic and Magic nexuses and reasoning. I liked reasoning a lot as it made me sound smart.

I #reset at that point after I started mining iron and carrying 20 out at a time.

1.) I tried to do this:

Harvest failed

Harvest failed

You collected 1 Lilacs

Welcome to White Stone, Lakeside Village

You are too far away! Get closer!

You see: TelGar

You see: TelGar

Unknown: ##beam me upxta

Unknown: ##beam me up

Unknown: ## beam me upated

Unknown: ##beammeup0 or

Unknown: ##beam me upking

Unknown: ##beam meup i w

jjk: nice shield..

Harvest failed

Harvest failed

You collected 2 Impatiens

I gave up and went back to harvesting cause I didn't know how to chat for an entire week so I couldn't ask for help.

2.) I saw people walking around with iron shields and steel chain and wished I had armor as good as theirs.

3.) I didn't know how to get off IP for a couple of days, and the first thing I wondered while searching IP was where the armor shop is.

4.) I spread my pp evenly cause it maximizes the sum of your cross attributes. I kept doing that until all my attributes were lv 8.

5.) I put 3 pp in artificial nexus cause I really wanted to do manu and was convinced I would be manuing metal stuff in no time.

6.) I didn't reset and fix my pp until I hit oa 41, hence I was going around with less than 200 EMU carrying capacity for a couple of months.

7.) I thought deers would pwn me, so I didn't kill one until after I could kill a fox.

8.) The first time I fought gargs with full plate I died.

Edited by chintan

8.) I thought Body Piercing meant that your character got piercings...like a tongue ring or something, and I could not figure out WHY that would be a PERK...

LMAO Now THAT is truly classic. Good job on that one Tanyia. :lol:

LMAO Now THAT is truly classic. Good job on that one Tanyia.

lol i know!!! i was such a dork! chintan and badwog rival me though...

I remember I didn't know how to go on the boats, so I kept clicking on the water thinking maybe I could swim to the other islands...

Yep, I think you may have surpassed me there.

On a similar note, I thought Glow In The Dark meant your char actually glowed in the dark. I wanted to get it really badly for a second until I read the description.

I wanted to actually glow in the dark too. It would be so cool if certain perks changed the way the model looked in addition to their advantage. Bigger arms if you have fatal man or body peircing, bigger legs if you get Evanescence or mirror skin.

And a spare tyre for Power hungry.

I'd say actually glowing in the dark would be very nice too but... I'd say glow in the darkers are pleased with the ability to look different that they already have.

1.) I started out thinking I was "too good" to talk to the Tutorial NPC. After wandering for like 10 minutes, wondering what to do, some helpful person (I forget their name now...) gave me some fruit and led me back to the Tutorial NPC.

2.) I loaded up on flowers in completing the "harvesting tutorial", because I didn't know about autoharvesting, and just clicked and waited...

3.) I got furious once when I was new to the WanderingFool quiz, because I was answering all the questions right and getting no credit. Guess I shoulda learned how to talk in channel first.

lol i used to think that too :ph34r:

And people kept asking if I was EarlGrey... I had that for months. Not rapidly... maybe once a week for a few months.

I know he was about but I've not seen him recently.

I summoned and attacked my own rabit at lvl 1 cuz sum kind guy gave me the ingrediants. I lost.

Somat that didnt happen to be, but does show noobness is I summoned a beaver next to the wraith and it succesfully killed every single nooby in the region, cuz one y one they attacked it.

1.) I tried to eat raw meat for a whole day untill my fiancee pointed out that perhaps it was called "raw" for a reason...(no, he doesn't even play el!"

I hope your fiancee is the one who does the cooking at your place :)

I hope your fiancee is the one who does the cooking at your place :(

I like sushi...does that make it any less silly? Mmmm raw tuna and seaweed and rice..YUM! :)

I'm the creative cook-he's the one who follows recipes to a T :( I guess I'm so creative that I'll eat raw rat meat, or at least I'll try!! ;)

I didn't know how to talk on a chanell and thought that the "beam" meant those teleports on WS map.So when some1 said "Free healing at beam" i "tried" to say no(on chanell).I got happy over a potion of manufactoring and tried to sell it for over 200 gc.... :)

I summoned a beaver next to the wraith and it succesfully killed every single nooby in the region, cuz one y one they attacked it.

hehehe (evil chuckle) :)

i went into a cave in wsc and got killed by a garg within 2 seconds, went immediately back to get my stuff and got killed again. :unsure:

i decided i really didnt need armour or weapon anyways! :(

:lol:

good topic by the way!

:)

Edited by Doxxie

On my first day I wouldn't go near the wrath for fear that he would attack me... well he does look scary to a n00b. Then I talked to the tutorial npc and got stuck on the harvesting quest... it took me 5 days to figure out that all I had to do was scroll through the dialogue so I could tell him that I had finished... and ember was the one who had to tell me to do that.

lol killed beavers till 16/16/16 combat/attack/def got scamemd and sold many beaver furs for 1k...then found out there were wrth 5k a peice was like eep...then made tons of money never did any quests untill 16/16/16

lol rebootedrock was my first pk :P...torek taught me about everything then...he was 1 of the l33test at the time....i love topics that bring back good old memerioes liek this