Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Djinn

new map idea

hello

i know there is a new continent in development. and well i suddenly had a nice idea for a new map. for the new continent.

a map that is fully overfloaded.

it's too bad i lack the knowledge of making maps myself i tried it but i simply can't do it good enough otherwise i would have made an example for this. but imagion a city that is overfloaded. you could put a npc on a boat telling the story how it was possible for this map to overfload and stuff like that. i'm not sure if it's possible to get homes inside floaded with watter but that would be awsome aswell. you could make a forest that is heavily damaged by the watter. like fallen tree's and such. it's easy to make a maze underwatter aswell, hidden teleportals etc.. could be very funny i think if it fits the new continent. maybe you can even add a new monster like an anaconda just take a brown snake let it swim on the watter and since the map is fully floaded you don't have troubles with casting harm from land on watter mosters :lol:

anyway crannog liked my idea so i thought i post it in here i hope this is the right place for this ;)

up to you guys if you want to do something with it or not :P

please give feedback on this

Greetings Djinn

Interesting idea. Similarly you could put houses on poles, with bridges between. Could even be done on the same map, like when the water started rising to flood the old houses, new houses were built above the water.

yes, some great ideas

i like your idea of houses on poles, with little bridges inbetween leeloo ;)

we also came up with new monsters - i know most wont be able to be implemeted but the snake can be just a new texture. Poisonous plants was another idea, and maybe some other stuff for atmosphere, like frogs etc

hey thats a great idea :D i was a map maker :) i had that kind of idea but it didint fit with the map i had to do :P

Shy