Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dent

Fear this!

I think the obvious answer is that the end is coming. We don't know how or when, but we at least know that it is coming.

Take hope or fear in that, whichever you believe.

Here's what i think...

The end of the world will equate with the end of time. Until then it will continue to change. We as humans may or may not be here to witness the end of time. However, they say that entropy is the guiding force of time, since it's the chaos or whatever that surrounds it (i'm not scientific, i just read that somewhere), that allows one instant to be distinguishable from the next. So if our developer is Entropy, and the world ends with Entropy, then its my opinion that it is safe to say humans will see the end of Entropy. (i.e. We're in for it)

So here's my solution:

DON'T LET OUR DEAR DEVELOPER, ENTROPY, DIE!

Humanity is screwed if he bites the dust.

LONG LIVE ENTROPY!

Edited by Quinticus

Imagine USA being run by the Latinos

Hay now! I live in California, and from what I have been able to gather, it is run by latinos :P:P :lol:

Dont kill me :angry:

JaneMuffin

i have a religion that is christian so i believe its gonna be the revelation

i have a religion that is christian so i believe its gonna be the revelation

157323[/snapback]

I actually agree with you on this one, legolas. I mean, people are speculating how it could end, which is funny when you have the script right in front of you...

*I am not knocking anyone else's beliefs, just expressing mine.*

Going back to the original topic...

They have been seeing evidence of the floating ice sheet in the Antartic melting very quickly and there are concerns that the glaciers they help hold back will start moving into the see at a much faster rate. So, it's not just a theory, they have actually been measuring that it has shifted from that ice sheet growing to rapidly shrinking.

Melting arctic ice might even bring us another iceage

We are still in the iceage, only in a warm period of it. Many scientiests believe this. I read it either on heise or scientific online several months ago, can't recall where exactly.

Several days ago, there was an article on heise online about this:

http://www.heise.de/tp/r4/artikel/19/19954/1.html. Sadly it's in german, but there are a couple of links to english articles about this as well.

According this article most of the glaciers have had an increased smelting rate during the last 50 years (up to ~1 km per year), while a few others have even become larger.

But we can't give any precise forethought on what consequences this will have, due to lack of understanding and because we don't have the computing power to simulate different scenarios.