KillerQween

Idea for an event

I have an idea for an event I would love to host. What I need from you guys is:

1) do you like the idea

2) would people be willing to donate for prizes

3) potential participants

4) nm on that...gonna use trivial pursuit questions :P

The idea:

MEN VS WOMEN, THE ULTIMATE BATTLE IN EL. This would be a trivia contest pitting the all knowing women against the men. Prizes for top answerers in both genders. What do you think?

Edited by queenjenny

w00t! I am IN! I will also pledge to donate anything you'd like! If I cant make it I'll buy it :D

JaneMuffin

I wouldn't mind joining...will donate regardless i guess.

Well i'll join, if the date suits me :D and by the looks of it, if you need any more prizes i'll gladly donate but it dosn't look like it :D

I may donate but would definitely not participate.  Excellent idea though (the men will get wasted).

Depends on which men and which women participated. Of course, I'm not quite sure who decided trivia was a good measurement of intelligence...

Edited by The_Pale_Elf

Great Idea!

Are the contestants to be the men who are men in RL, or the women who are women in RL; or the men who are women in RL, or the women who are men in RL; or... ;)

:lol:

I've got an idea. make it a team event, with all participants meeting in, say, WSC meeting hall. make teams of 4-6 or so, and assign the people to a channel (not in use hopefully). Have people as channel "mods" (mostly to make sure teams don't cross channels). If a team member enters another channel, their team must forfeit (or other less severe punishment can be used). If teams bring players not in the competition in, same deal as above. Only allow the person asking questions, the channel "mods", and one answerer per team to speak in local. Teams that lose could be asked to leave, and a game moderator could be asked in to enforce this on non-cooperative players. Winning team(s) would then break down and eventually play individually, so players could win prizes based on standing in that case.

Idea B: Guilds could form their own team of unlimited players, must have at least one representative in meeting place (WSC meeting hall again?) to compete. Same rules on local talk, except no need of channel "mods" as only same guild can be on a team, and thus can use the private guild channel for team discussion. Teams would only be limited in size by the size of the guild. Prizes would most effectively be given as a guild prize, or top guilds would have to have players compete individually to win prizes individually.

Idea C: Tournament-style, channels set as "tables". Game mods may be needed to keep these to players only, winners from tables advance and play next round (4-6 players per table, 1-2 advance per round). Final round could be held "local chat" or in channel then, and would then determine winners from that.

My Ideas may be overcomplex to use, so if anyone wants to modify them for better use, go right ahead.