Eternal Lands Official Forums
Wytter

Client wishlist version 3

Long list so bear with me:

- Make the bank menu icon driven as opposed to text. Just show the picture of each item with the number above it, there is no reason to have to go through a long menu just to find out whether or not you even have an item. You have a decent method of trading items using pictures to represent the item.. use a similair thing for accessing your bank account (using a scrolling window).

- Simplify the vendor buy/sell exchange. Same as above idea.

- Simplfy the mouse/toolbar commands. It seems there are lots of duplicate little icons on the bar that make things more difficult then they need to be. It is clear when you are clicking on a monster/creature you usually want to fight it. Similair thing goes for clicking on people in towns.. you want to trade with them. Have the most likely used command on left click, and put the rest on right click in a popup menu.

- Increase the cursor area for the different commands that use a mouse. The target area for clicking on lots of commands such as harvest, pickup item, and attack are painfully small... consider making the target area a bit larger.

- Have food restore a bit of life when consumed. Almost any game I have played, eating food immediatly restores a couple points of life.. better food adds more life. Items like bread 1 point, veggies/fruit 2, meat 3.

- Allow us to put all item types in the bank. Why only raw meat in the bank, but not cooked, preserved meat, wine, ale, & regular books in there? Why cant we put fruits and veggies in there too?

- Basic Info on mouseover. When you move your mouse over an item in trade (yours or theirs) or in normal invintory, have it say the name of the item. It is often difficult to tell what excatly I was being traded except by knowing the Image of what it is suppose to be.

- Raise the harvesting cap for xp. Its clear you have anti-macroing measures in place, consider doubling the cap... After playing a character 20 minutes I hit the cap 15 min into the hour... now it seems like even faster. Perhaps you can make the cap a function based on the characters harvesting level; the higher the level, the higher the cap for that character.

- Open Invitory and "sack invintory" from kills. After you kill something, you almost always open the sack to take something (or at least look at what you got). After you move over the sack... how about you have these two windows open up and save players a few clicks?

- Updating the maps. Kinda self explanitory.. also you might want to make it clear to new players who is a bank npc, who is a shop npc, etc. Also adding points of interest such as a tiny deer for deer hunting areas, a little ghost for the wraith.. etc.

- Replace sacks on the ground with the item. Why have a lame little sack when you can just have stacked images of the item(s) that are to be in the sack (of course bones and meat would be on the bottom/shown last)

last but not least put a client version on below the EL icon on the top right toolbar.

All in all I think EL is starting to become a good game and look forward to it leaving beta. I am especially happy with the texture work. While I haven't read alot of posts in the forum yet, I hope you see the clear benifits of these ideas.

Edited by ph3r3

- Make the bank menu icon driven as opposed to text. Just show the picture of each item with the number above it, there is no reason to have to go through a long menu just to find out whether or not you even have an item. You have a decent method of trading items using pictures to represent the item.. use a similair thing for accessing your bank account (using a scrolling window).

done for next version
- Simplfy the mouse/toolbar commands. It seems there are lots of duplicate little icons on the bar that make things more difficult then they need to be. It is clear when you are clicking on a monster/creature you usually want to fight it. Similair thing goes for clicking on people in towns.. you want to trade with them. Have the most likely used command on left click, and put the rest on right click in a popup menu.

- Increase the cursor area for the different commands that use a mouse. The target area for clicking on lots of commands such as harvest, pickup item, and attack are painfully small... consider making the target area a bit larger.

some of the buttons will be gone in next version. accidentally clicking a monster while walking is baaad
- Have food restore a bit of life when consumed. Almost any game I have played, eating food immediatly restores a couple points of life.. better food adds more life. Items like bread 1 point, veggies/fruit 2, meat 3.

possible, but not a client issue
- Allow us to put all item types in the bank. Why only raw meat in the bank, but not cooked, preserved meat, wine, ale, & regular books in there? Why cant we put fruits and veggies in there too?

not a client issue, but all books will be storable
- Basic Info on mouseover. When you move your mouse over an item in trade (yours or theirs) or in normal invintory, have it say the name of the item. It is often difficult to tell what excatly I was being traded except by knowing the Image of what it is suppose to be.

sounds good
- Raise the harvesting cap for xp. Its clear you have anti-macroing measures in place, consider doubling the cap... After playing a character 20 minutes I hit the cap 15 min into the hour... now it seems like even faster. Perhaps you can make the cap a function based on the characters harvesting level; the higher the level, the higher the cap for that character.

it's not about macro, harvesting is already far too easy to get huge amounts of XP in... if the cap goes up, then the xp per item will go down. we can't afford to make it even easier for players to get OA from this. plus it's not a client thing
- Open Invitory and "sack invintory" from kills. After you kill something, you almost always open the sack to take something (or at least look at what you got). After you move over the sack... how about you have these two windows open up and save players a few clicks?

sounds reasonable
- Updating the maps. Kinda self explanitory.. also you might want to make it clear to new players who is a bank npc, who is a shop npc, etc. Also adding points of interest such as a tiny deer for deer hunting areas, a little ghost for the wraith.. etc.

i beleive the wraith is noted on new maps, and most NPCs of interest should be marked too... marking hunting grounds though, not so good
- Replace sacks on the ground with the item. Why have a lame little sack when you can just have stacked images of the item(s) that are to be in the sack (of course bones and meat would be on the bottom/shown last)

bleh, that's a lot more demand on the computer, things could be harder to pick up, and a lot more network traffic
last but not least put a client version on below the EL icon on the top right toolbar.

194724[/snapback]

possible. though you have #ver, and the version changes rarely anyway

Edited by ttlanhil

194724[/snapback]

And get rid of the mystery about what was dropped?

I love that little sac, it's not lame at all! I even add them deliberately as part of my maps when I decorate house interiors! :)

What ttl said. Don't get too many ideas from RuneScape, we're making a different game :P

See... our problem is, whenever someone suggests something that's from Runescape we get all over them, there are SOME good things in runescape, and we already have a different game... they get 5,000-50,000 grand a month from all there members. Roja and Ent have gotten what 3 grand maybe total for the years they've spent, and we have better graphics B)

See... we'll never become anywhere near Runescape unless we get a seperate skill for harvesting wood or a seperate skill for burying some bones or a seperate skill for making fires >.>

The only thing I want to comment (yes not client) is the harvesting cap... atleast make it 160 or something again like in the old days when you got to lvl 30 harvesting you could be beasty with your green harvesting cloak and have your cap raised :D

EDIT: meep, here's my wishlist

an actual BANK npc, not a storage one a BANK one... there's a completely useless building in PL that has a bank sign above it and has billions of little bags in there, we could get an interest system going on (very little) but it would help the newbies.

Edited by Aerowind

aero, those arern't client issues, there's other places for them

and I'm not against borrowing ideas from other games (as long as you don't take all ideas from one game), but I'll judge them on their merits (and I've never even played RS anyway)

and on raising harv cap... harv is the easiest skill, and it's easy to get a eally high level... is that a problem? yes, when you get OA xp from it as well

aero, those arern't client issues, there's other places for them

and I'm not against borrowing ideas from other games (as long as you don't take all ideas from one game), but I'll judge them on their merits (and I've never even played RS anyway)

and on raising harv cap... harv is the easiest skill, and it's easy to get a eally high level... is that a problem? yes, when you get OA xp from it as well

199244[/snapback]

The top things I said were commenting on what others said... the bottom one I thought was a client issue X.x shows how much I know

Guest Fireforge

(Sorry for my english)

Hi to all,

i'm an old-date Ultima Online's player and i love Eternal Lands (i'm a 'big' newbie)...

But the first thing i noticed when in game was the 'dialogue' system: in Ultima when you speak

the words appears over your head, this is very good to know who-is-saying-what.

In Eternal Lands the PGs are quite 'mute' and i found the current chat system (including Buddy Dialogue) very annoying.

My question is: why have you choosed this chat system?

Just a simple question... Keep up the good work! :P

Regards

the words appears over your head, this is very good to know who-is-saying-what.

In Eternal Lands the PGs are quite 'mute' and i found the current chat system (including Buddy Dialogue) very annoying.

My question is: why have you choosed this chat system?

Just a simple question... Keep up the good work! ;)

Regards

201338[/snapback]

it's simpler like that. you're welcome to use alt+o to turn on speech bubbles though, that works (I don't like it, it makes the screen seem more crowded, but no doubt peoples opinions on that will differ :( ) and might be just what you're looing for

Guest Fireforge
it's simpler like that. you're welcome to use alt+o to turn on speech bubbles though, that works (I don't like it, it makes the screen seem more crowded, but no doubt peoples opinions on that will differ :( ) and might be just what you're looing for

201388[/snapback]

Very good!

Thanks ;)

My biggest wish for the game is an online list for guild members, much like the buddy list. It could be a tab in the existing buddy list, but it would be really handy, especially since my buddy list is already full and not all guild members is on it.

(*crosses fingers and hope for a nice christmas present*)

Coffeehunger

My biggest wish for the game is an online list for guild members, much like the buddy list. It could be a tab in the existing buddy list, but it would be really handy, especially since my buddy list is already full and not all guild members is on it.

(*crosses fingers and hope for a nice christmas present*)

Coffeehunger

203504[/snapback]

while I would also like this (or better yet, ability to add guilds to your buddy list), this isn't a client issue

as a quick and not-quite accurate guide(but hopefully it can help):

client issues are things like the interface (being able to move the quickbar, the config window, etc), things that are done on your computer that the server doesn't know or care about (sure as AFK, and the F9 flares), and the graphics (particles again, improvements to how the 'world' is rendered, etc)

anything that depends on interaction with other people, things, etc (like speed of fighting, the items you can create, what monsters drop) are server issues

I would like a programmable button for storage. The harvesting cap is a good thing the way it is but with carry capacity being what it is you cannot harvest and fight at the same time. I have seven items that I can wear when I go to get att/def improvement but they weigh enough to severely curtail my harvesting ability. If I keep all of these things in storage and I want to work on att/def every hour after harvesting limit it can get really old really fast pulling all of that stuff out every time. I also need to get essences for the fighting. I think a button that lets you grab a preselected set of items out of storage all at once would be a great idea. You will still have to equip all of these items and even put them away one by one but at least there would be one step in this process. If you use a weapon you are looking at around 20-25 clicks to get all of your stuff into your inventory and then equipped. Doing that every hour and undoing it is so destracting I fight weaker creatures than I can handle just to avoid it. The only other solution I can think of is allowing equipping items directly from storage which would cut all of that clicking in half. If either of these is possible it would be greatly appreciated by everyone who is not in their armor all of the time.

Tirun Collimdus :)

being able to equip/unequip from/to storage sounds both more elegant and more correct than custom classes of items which you can withdraw 1 of. doubt it'd be that hard to do either

This seems more general than just equiping from storage. There are several "kit bags" for fighting and mining for instance, which don't consist of just equipable items.

This is probably something which could be implemented client side: Define your "kit bag" as a set of items and quantities, and be able to pull them from storage in a single user operation. If storage is short of some items then you get those available and probably a warning.

A playerlist, shows all the players on the server. Also has a profile option, which level the person is in, and the persons stats.

An auto-updater, when you connect to the server an update sequence will begin.

If there is an update, instead of re-doing the whole client it will automatically

replace the current version.

Edited by Andrew

more spells like fire ball (which could be a death essence + fire essence) also have like two diffrent kinds of magic like magic from your god and magic from the world its self.

more spells like fire ball (which could be a death essence + fire essence) also have like two diffrent kinds of magic like magic from your god and magic from the world its self.

211882[/snapback]

magic isn't a client issue(apart from how it looks, maybe). If you can use it to affect other people, it's probably not a client issue

203504[/snapback]

I would like to have something like this including mapname and coords of every guild member.

Is probably a server issue, but i didn't find the 'server wishlist'.

Guest amikot

Hi !

I'm new in Ethernal Lands .

Before i played on Tibia (with PACC), Dofus, Mu-online and realy in deep past i have played on Polish real MUD (Text Based) called Arkadia.

I think that i know what is really important for MUDs like EL.

Its a really good client.

It must be a really handy and must be universal.

So takeing a look on the other games that i was played on, i can say my wishes about EL client:

1. Stop talking what is better shortcut for that function .. what kay will better for another. Simply make Keyboard shortcuts Menu in config ... and let ussers to changing key shortcuts.

2. Buddies list is really good idea. But its impossible to add users that are not loged in (or maybe im wrong? ) Another thing : Only online Buddies are displayed on that list ... i think that better solution are Tibia-like VIPlist with changing position and color of online and offline budies. Another thing .. it was bbe nice to add some info about friends from that list.

3. The chat ! Its realy nice but why default chat is "local" why when im sellecting for example "channel 105" i still need type "@" to talk on that channel ?

If you dont like my idea ... please make only option to talk always on sellected channel. (and add hotkey to cycle channels pages).

4. For Windows client (or maybe Linux too): Possiblity to free resize of window size (when playing in window mode), and option to maximize window.

5.Option to remember user login and user password.

6. Change control system. Its not realy need to make diferent icons for walk and atack and use. Why ? Because its impossible to use characters/animals/monsters and its impossible to attack meat, bread ...

Walk is not needed because when you click on place there are nothing to open or atack character must go there. If there are something to open or atack ... character must go ther and do what must be done ;D

7. I think that inventory window shoult be always opened, but there is no place for ion the screen. Maybe its time to make right BAR more wide to place on it all inventory and what we have dressed on.

8. Windows transparency cant be dissabled now ... it must be changed (option in VideoOptions) because some peoples dont like when cant read :devlish:

For now its all what i remember.

I think that lot of that features that im requesting will make EL more popular.

BTW. Its realy nice that its possible to talk with EL developers. Thanks to that forum i can say what i think about that game .. and i hope that most of my wishes will be done ;D

Greetings !!!

Bye !

1. Stop talking what is better shortcut for that function .. what kay will better for another. Simply make Keyboard shortcuts Menu in config ... and let ussers to changing key shortcuts.

Key.ini, though still no GUI.

3.  The chat ! Its realy nice but why default chat is "local" why when im sellecting for example "channel 105" i still need type "@" to talk on that channel ?

If you dont like my idea ... please make only option to talk always on sellected channel.  (and add hotkey to cycle channels pages).

It's an idea, for the chat window.

4. For Windows client (or maybe Linux too): Possiblity to free resize of window size (when playing in window mode), and option to maximize window.

Little problem there, because we're using openGL to do everything in the client, not FLTK or GTK, (remember, we're not talking about a 2D game like Tibia), so dynamic resizing is next to impossible.

5.Option to remember user login and user password.

Can be done through el.ini, though it's disabled in the GUI to keep foolish people from saving their password in cleartext without knowing what they're up to.

6. Change control system. Its not realy need to make diferent icons for walk and atack and use. Why ? Because its impossible to use characters/animals/monsters and its impossible to attack meat, bread ...

Walk is not needed because when you click on place there are nothing to open or atack character must go there. If there are something to open or atack ... character must go ther and do what must be done ;D

It already uses only the usable cursors, but look can be used on 3D objects, as well as harvest can, etc.

7. I think that inventory window shoult be always opened, but there is no place for ion the screen. Maybe its time to make right BAR more wide to place on it all inventory and what we have dressed on.

Actually, one of the things I like about EL is that I don't have to worry about working with the inventory in the little nested windows, like in Tibia.

8. Windows transparency cant be dissabled now ... it must be changed (option in VideoOptions) because some peoples dont like when cant read :devlish:

Yep, but that'll take some looking through the window handler code.

Edited by crusadingknight