Eternal Lands Official Forums
Wytter

Client wishlist version 3

Not sure if it's implemented now, but:

2. Active spell icon without necessity of having magic window open.

154800[/snapback]

I like this idea and would like to see not only a "cast" button that casts whatever spell is queued without opening the window, but also a "mix" button that does the same with the manufacturing window.

Hap_Loder

i'd like to see the ability to lock windows in the side bar, and have easy access to which window i select - rather then opening and closing magic or manu constantly.

170519[/snapback]

I second that. The possiblity to pin or lock windows to a certain position would be nice.

The ability to HOT KEY sigil combinations for certain spells would come in handy...or is this already possible? And have i posted this in the correct place anyway? If not, sorry.

2 things

1. this is a CLIENT wish list 0.o

2. combat is already the skill with the highest skills, they dont need anything to make it easier

153387[/snapback]

HI i think iff this was done then you loosing your armour and items etc should increase

What do u guys think?

This is a reply to quote 7

HI i think iff this was done then you loosing your armour and items etc should increase

What do u guys think?

I feel that the game would benifit from a system where you can trade using your storage items, because iff you canot carry to much you cannot trade much or you bagswap and bagjumpers go for them. Tell me what you think :P

I feel that the game would benifit from a system where you can trade using your storage items, because iff you canot carry to much you cannot trade much or you bagswap and bagjumpers go for them. Tell me what you think  :P

172248[/snapback]

Wow... already done for next update. PLEASE search before you post, and STAY ON THE TOPIC. :)

Wow... already done for next update. PLEASE search before you post, and STAY ON THE TOPIC.  :blink:

172253[/snapback]

I remember getting reminded to do that before ;)

Regarding the locking/docking of manu/spell/yadda-yadda windows. I think it would be cool if you could also save diff' configurations with commands like #save_gui <name/number> and #load_gui <name/number>.

I remember getting reminded to do that before :blink:

Regarding the locking/docking of manu/spell/yadda-yadda windows. I think it would be cool if you could also save diff' configurations with commands like #save_gui <name/number> and #load_gui <name/number>.

172288[/snapback]

You mean a bit like workspaces? That'd be nice, and probably not that complicated to do. ;)

You mean a bit like workspaces? That'd be nice, and probably not that complicated to do.  :blink:

172294[/snapback]

Kinda like that. When I played with 3D Studio a while back ther was a way to save interface setups for like game dev, texturing, modeling, IK and such. I think having quick access to multiple UI setups in the game could reduce the ammount of time people would have to commit to getting things setup before they start tasks like resource colleting, hunting, magic, manu and alch.

Edited by Nintenduh

also, dynamic relocationing of windows when you change resolution... it's not too bad when you go bigger, but if you go smaller you can lose windows off the edge(not sure if this should be a bug report, actually... but the solution is something that would still help outside of the bug anyway)

:P Ok i got some ideas

1. when you type lol it atomaticaly changes to playername lauphes

2. Horses people have been complaining about 1 speed and u guys keep saying no because it would bug it up but if you had horses u could have two speeds and for going inside buildings with horses u could make post with the option tie up horse retrieve horse

2. Horses people have been complaining about 1 speed and u guys keep saying no because it would bug it up but if you had horses u could have two speeds and for going inside buildings with horses u could make post with the option tie up horse retrieve horse

173728[/snapback]

2. - Nothing to do with the client.

- _Read_ the posts when you search for them; the horses issue has been discussed indepth there. :P

1. when you type lol it atomaticaly changes to playername lauphes

173728[/snapback]

really, if you're going to do this, you may as well do it properly, which means players can add as many commands as they like (probably a new file)

though some people will say that this encourages spam (well, you can open notepad, type, copy, paste already... this wouldn't be much worse)

plus adding the code to read and parse the list of commands and check whenthe player tries one could take a while

really, if you're going to do this, you may as well do it properly, which means players can add as many commands as they like (probably a new file)

though some people will say that this encourages spam (well, you can open notepad, type, copy, paste already... this wouldn't be much worse)

plus adding the code to read and parse the list of commands and check whenthe player tries one could take a while

173737[/snapback]

The code itself would be pretty basic, but it could encourage spamming, and a limit would have to be imposed to keep things from slowing down.

if you're in chatlog and are able to use the manu window it'd be nice. probably more for those who have a laptop, or other programs running, but still nice. something like http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b62/ttlanhil/manu.jpg

(no, that's not edited. that's a bug. have the window open when you reconnect after the grue visits, and it pops up)

Edited by ttlanhil

Here is something that is desperately needed in the client:

User Input History.

Such as in a bash shell with .bash_history for example. This would allow the user to scroll through and use previous statements they have made. Would this increase spam? Of course it would, so if it is not in consideration I suggest an automated mute based on number of entries received within a time period. If you were to send 5 messages in a second you get muted for 20 seconds, something like this would keep things to a minimum.

Another useful feature: Keyboard Movement!

Yes, the mouse clicking can be a bit much at times when trying to just nudge yourself forward a bit, or while trying to get around and you accidentally attack something and wind up dead!

The numbpad would work well for this, as you can also implement that the Numlock key need to be on for movement so anyone who does not want to use keys for movement can make sure they do not accidentally use them by turning off their Numlock key.

Another useful feature: Keyboard Movement!

Yes, the mouse clicking can be a bit much at times when trying to just nudge yourself forward a bit, or while trying to get around and you accidentally attack something and wind up dead!

The numbpad would work well for this, as you can also implement that the Numlock key need to be on for movement so anyone who does not want to use keys for movement can make sure they do not accidentally use them by turning off their Numlock key.

173928[/snapback]

You can already control movement through the kb.

Insert=rotate right

Delete=rotate left

Home=Move Forward

End=Move Backward

I think it would be neat if you could stear yourself left and right while walking using Insert/Delete when you navigate using the map. Sometimes people that are going to the same destination as you tend to ride up on you :P

Sometimes people that are going to the same destination as you tend to ride up on you :P

174047[/snapback]

Huh some people dont know when they're well off....tsk tsk :D

Ive noticed a lot of what you guys are suggesting is alreadfy possible in EL.ini. If you so desire to change look sensitivity, its in there.. same with the ability to make ur char name and password be there automaticaly... xD

I dunno if this is possible, but maybe being able to move the view directly over your char, and lower to a first person veiw.

:bow_arrow: Dunian :battleaxe:

I dunno if this is possible, but maybe being able to move the view directly over your char, and lower to a first person veiw.

191265[/snapback]

sounds nice, but it doesn't look nice (I've used both... but not for long, i just doesn't work as well)