Eternal Lands Official Forums
Wytter

Client wishlist version 3

When the buddy list get implemented - TAB completion of names, if we have such a name in our buddy list. This can keep us from sending to the wrong person if they're offline, or from "Too many people with that name". Of course, I'd prefer using the "End" Key, which is still unused, instead of TAB. :blink:

Just a note on END key - many laptops don't have it as regular key so it ussually requires holding down Fn key + another key so it might be better to use something else (e.g. have TAB work as autocompletion if typing anything that starts wiht / otherwise use it for map...I know this is a bit more programming but there is plenty of people that play on laptops that will definitly appreciate it)

~C

Yeah, tab complete. Or maybe the autocomplete when you hit enter (or whatever other finish key) like it does on PM.

My suggestion: Have more zoom angles and a looser zoom limit. Also, zoom sensitivity as an option.

My whishlist has to do with the console view... When in console (~ view ~_-) you should be able to use the up/down arrow keys to cycle through messages you have sent in the past. Also, you should be able to move the "text cursor" using the left/right arrow keys to edit the messages. The Home/End keys could be handy there too ~_-

Also, porting to the NeL engine would kick @ss! :blink:

Edited by Nintenduh

I think a feature that I would LOVE to see is a pk map where you dont die, but simply get teleported to outside of when you die. A training map so to speak, could just be a small room. This would help people build up their fighting skills quicker.

I think a feature that I would LOVE to see is a pk map where you dont die, but simply get teleported to outside of when you die. A training map so to speak, could just be a small room. This would help people build up their fighting skills quicker.

153375[/snapback]

2 things

1. this is a CLIENT wish list 0.o

2. combat is already the skill with the highest skills, they dont need anything to make it easier

a first person view would be cool, no moving around though, just click the button, then the screen just pops into your head, and you use the mouse to just look around ;)

just an idea, dont know if it is possible..

ohh and would be good if we were able to zoom out more

im on 1600x1200, when I go fullscreen, the game looks huge and horrible... know what I mean??

Not sure if it's implemented now, but:

1. Repeating last command would be nice (sending guild messages is painful, same with #ping).

2. Active spell icon without necessity of having magic window open.

3. Inventory window a bit larger (for 40 things not 36 - or at least possibility of taking 30 items out of storage at once. Try to take 1600 srs from storage - it's mouse killing and should be forbidden).

4. One-button dropping all item from inventory (look p. 3).

5. Not sure if it is client site - but #save command - I mean re-log automaticaly.

Edited by vanyel

A few minor issues/ideas:

To protect from the combat misclick (i was walking, and this bear got under the mouse, why am i in the underworld?), have it so that for other players, or players and animals, you have to select the combat toolbar button; walk will not attack. And have the combat button work as walk, so you have a walk button and a walk-or-fight button

Get rid of the change-catch when clicking... using walk button (and fighting) then you click a potion, then you have the use icon and can't fight-click straight away.

It's easy to forget, and gets annoying.

the cursor should stay on the selected option (and see combat misclick part, safer from fighting)

In chatlog, it'd be nice to have last-seen line, like mIRC has...

Basically, if you're in chat log, alt-tab out, then a line would be put in at the bottom, when you come back, you can easily see what you read up to.

And of course the line is moved next time you alt-tab out (not just add a nother one)

have a way to remove f9 flares, they take up resources.

f9 flares seem to get calculated even when in chatlog, is there a need? (at least, having flares makes the cpu run up on my box, even when not viewing the main window)

i set a flare off in the vegie patch, and the wrong side of the cabbages were lit up... not sure if this is client or model issue, but it looks odd.

cabbages also have a hole in them, you can see inside that they're hollow, you can see the same with wells, the ground is there. black floor to the well, and completely cover the cabbage would fix these minor cosmetic issues.

Since this is a model issue, not certain if it's right for client wishlist or not

when get the rain sound in VOTD, the off-trigger for the sound is only used when in main window. Since i'm often in chatlog, i miss that, so the rain sound does _not_ stop, even if i leave the map! i have to come back to VOTD and be in main view when the rain is stopping before i can get rid of the sound!

The currently used font makes 1(one) and l(lima) look very much the same, changing it may help you to message the right person, etc.

the client sometimes does some sort of sticky alt or ctrl key thingy... alt-tab into the window, type something, and all sorts of things happen when it takes each char as alt+ instead.

If this can't be fixed(ie, it's a windows problem, though i don't think so), at least make it so you can disable the alt+enter = fullscreen toggle, that causes a resync while it changes.

The rest of it, i can delete and start again

(yes, that could be a bug report, but it's also a feature request, in that you can disable full-screen)

All i want is a real zoom to be on the client where you can see more then a little bit in front of you. I don't know many people who don't already have the zoom on thier own version of the client so how hard can it be to put it on the official one.

oh and a way to drop all in your inventory would be nice just for trading loads of pots..........things like that.

Edited by ChangeYourName

All i want is a real zoom to be on the client where you can see more then a little bit in front of you.  I don't know many people who don't already have the zoom on thier own version of the client so how hard can it be to put it on the official one.

oh and a way to drop all in your inventory would be nice just for trading loads of pots..........things like that.

154822[/snapback]

We could do that, but it would look awful because objects further away are not drawn in order to save rendering capacity. In order to make this look sensible, we would need to implement fog, or let's say athmospherical effects that make the scene fade at larger distances, and objects smoothly appear on the scene when coming closer to you. Just like it's done in other games too. However, nobody is currently working on that since it's rather a cosmetical feature and there're lots of other things to do. If you have a good OpenGL knowledge*, try to enhance the patches so that they include fog. I bet they'd be included and your work much appreciated :P

With regards

Lachesis

*) or know someone that has, or dont hesitate to learn, or ... well, I guess you got it :D

I would like to be able to zoom out farther, or at least have the option to zoom out farther. Using the game in a high resolution is nice, but seems hardly necessary since I can't see any more with a small window than with a large one. The only difference is the amount of messages that can be viewed (thank god there is a difference or I would never be able to see with a small window).

I click on a button and see the full memberlist of my guild...and i click a other button and i can see how many players are online at the moment...i can send my friends messages when they are offline..them they can read them later (post office system)

Anybody know what i mean?

send me a pm ingame (alex1105) or writte in my forum on www.drachengilde.de.ki!

Alex

E-L need  PP reset

154898[/snapback]

I agree

EDIT: also would be nice if the exp calculation patch could be added into the official client (where it shows att/def exp per fight in the top left in red and green)

Edited by Ryuu

Hello!

My Wishlist?

Hmm...

Well... The Client hates it, when other programs (BOINC in my case) are running in the background...

Even when that program has a nice of 19 (lowest priority)...

If there's an program running in the background, EL lags like on a very low-end system or a very bad Internet-Link...

Could this be fixed?

Then I almost want to say: better graphics, but I think that's not so easy...

i'd like to see the ability to lock windows in the side bar, and have easy access to which window i select - rather then opening and closing magic or manu constantly.

as far as multi-channel chat (it's planned, I know)

the current windowed_chat option, which it looks nice, becomes a pain to use.

how about if you had the tabs for local/pms/channels accross the top, and you can open/close these by clicking them. having all closed but knowing there are messages could help when you're busy.

also, the current windowed_chat, even when in the #gm tab, requires #gm to talk in guild. maybe the tabs could know how to talk in that tab?

Fully agree with you, ttlanhil. The windowed mode is a pain in the ass to use when you are doing any other thing that chating. And if you slide the window thru the left border to free some space in your screen then you will not notice any message, weird, overall if it is a pm.

The cleaner way to solve (but probably not the easiest) is the upper tabs idea that ttlanhil gave in the previous post, of course, without being windowed, just like now it is but with tabs. That and a system to notice when there is some new stuff in the tabs that are not visible, like some blinking titles and maybe a notification sound.

An option to talk only in the actual tab would be nice also, but for that the local chat would have to be another single tab, what is fine, because the local chat is somewhat annoying, more than anything else. That would take rid of that problem also. I have seen many user complaining a bout the lack of any option to ignore the local chats.

Edited by i92guboj

Well, developers are, as I said some other time, fast (or maybe they read my thoughts, :lol:). Two hours ago grum posted some new stuff in the CVS repository, and since now I don't have to worry anymore about the local chats. Nice tabs, thanks, and keep the good work! :o