Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

Fantasy Rock/Metal

Hey guys, if you're fans of Fantasy Metal music, post the bands you know about here!! We can share them and find more good ones we like maybe :)

I love these guys :D

Nightwish

Hammerfall

Blind Guardian

Apolcalyptica

Lake of tears (especially Raistlin & the Rose, Autumn Rain-great song!)

Manowar (master of the wind, heart of steel

*As a side note, my favorite band is Iron Maiden, Nightwish comes in 2nd :P

Manowar (master of the wind, heart of steel

Roja you rock! :) You are the first person I have talked to on EL who knows who ManOWar is (maybe I am talking to the wrong people??).

ManOWar is awesome. So is Kind Diamond and Merciful Fate.

I dont know if GWAR qualifies as Fantasy Rock/Metal but they are a really good band. Their concerts are more like a theatrical show.

I really like ManOWar though, Master of the wind is the best song I have EVER heard.

Have any of you heard of Dream Theatre?

I only listened to them for a short time then lost the CD and never got around to replacing it, the album was called Metropolis (I tihnk) Anyways it was really cool too but from what I remember (and this was years ago) it was mostly instumental but very fantasy-ish.

JaneMuffin

Hey guys, if you're fans of Fantasy Metal music, post the bands you know about here!! We can share them and find more good ones we like maybe :)

The mighty Rhapsody, naturally.

"From the hooooooooooly seeaaat of buuuuurmning flames

Flies the laaast winged unicoooooooooorn..."

Not including those already cited, here are mine :

Symphony X

Angra

Ayreon (but sounds more like space metal than fantasy metal)

Avantasia

Demons and Wizards

Edguy

Kamelot

Majestic

Sonata Arctica

In an effort to sound unbelievably noob: What is Fantasy Metal?

hehe, it's rock or heavy metal music with a fantasy theme. Of course, it can be of softer quality too, going so far as sounding like folk music-ish....but the Metal style is my fav :)

Symphony X and Dream Theater are progressive metal; but they rock :ph34r:

Where do you hear these bands? Is there some radio station out there that actually plays non-mainstream music that I don't about??

No radio station that I know of (unless of course it's internet radio). I just get tipped off from friends. Entropy introduced me to nightwish..and from there a couple friends online gave me some others, discovered some myself..and..voila..you've found a whole new genre you didn't even know existed :D

:ph34r: When people talk about underground music, I think this is as much a part of that as anything. No full time radio station plays it, so it's not really mainstream... Just names of bands traded like virtual baseball cards in forums and chatrooms. Like, for instance, I found out about Nightwish and Stradivarius (sp?) from my gf, and I heard of Dream Theater from my friend who found about them online, (he told me try these guys out, they're like Rush only better) but I never heard of Symphony X till this particular thread.

:o WE ARE THE UNDERGROUND!!

Dream Theater is hardly underground. I don't like their style very much, there's too much decoration and not enough song. I like plain and simple rock better.

:ph34r: When people talk about underground music, I think this is as much a part of that as anything. No full time radio station plays it, so it's not really mainstream... Just names of bands traded like virtual baseball cards in forums and chatrooms. Like, for instance, I found out about Nightwish

Nightwish? A few months ago they kept playing it over and over again on each music TV... Pity their last album sucks.

I liked their last album. Where do you live that they had it on TV?

I also never heard of Dream Theatre...

Well I heard about dream theatre from a customer while I was working for (gasp gag) Wal-Mart, he asked if we carried it. That was around the time Garth Brooks tried to go "rock". We did not carry Dream Theatre, but later I found the album on BMG. I am not sure if they are underground.

As for ManOWar, I dont they are so much underground as they are forgotten by the newer generations.

I try my best to intoduce these "older" bands to younger people that I know.

Bands like ManOWar, Merciful Fate and King Diamond are, IMO, much better than anything that plays on the radio now.

Plus, its always cool to find something new (that no one else has heard of) that is worth listening too, it's like finding a gold nugget or something.

JaneMuffin

ok here are my favs

creed

red hot chili peppers

incubus

ledzepplin

alice in chains

nickelback

third eye blind

counting crows

theres alot more if u want them pm me roja

I love Nightwish, I could listen to their music all day long. Dream Theater are also very cool. Iced Earth are another metal band I like, not strictly Fantasy metal, but some of their tunes have a Fantasy theme :(

Woohoo! More Manowar fans! Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy...and bloodthirsty inside.:D

Missing Therion though...haven't seen them on here. Especially the later stuff when they shifted to a more symphonic sound and away from the earlier death-metally type of stuff.:)

Think I got music from almost every band listed here, too...including Magica. I'll have to check out my...ummm...stash of music. :(

I wonder what people like about Manowar. I mean all their songs are the same: Manowar, Manowar, bla bla, blow speakers, bla bla, metal, metal, heavy, bikes, death, destruction and more Manowar.

Well, on the other, all AC/DC songs are the same too. But at least those are fun :(