Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
laylow

More Magic Spells?!?

Obliterate what a spell fluffy beware the spell could use earth ess and cost way too much to waste provide great exp and totally enihalate the fluffy ( side note you would end up two full maps away lol)

ROUSS rock!!!!

Ideas for new spells/items/monsters are probably always welcome, as long as you don't clamour for something everything should be fine.

With regards

Lachesis

I personally would like to see some elemental attack spells, like fireballs or earthquakes... maybe even ball lightning.

Also, a "teleport to x,y" or a "teleport to (click on map)" would be nice...

not real thought out on my part yet, maybe someone else has already thought of it.

fireballs would be cool, and you could have a stat for accuracy, but i still llike the idea of a bow and arrows, also with stat for accuracy....

theres my 2 shillings <_<

Yes.. I think there should be more spells! and teleport to the new continent!! :)

Just "more spells/monsters/items" is not an idea. What is needed are ideas what these spells/monsters/items would be like.

With regards

Lachesis

i think they should put some effect in the game first

restrore spell, a green glow on ur char

harm some1 and the person turns in to collor of dead essence for 1second

and there should be spells like Meteor,ice,fire abit final fantasy style..who cares ;-P

:P Okay, how about a few spells to enhance combat abilities... Like add fire element to your attack, or ice, or earth. Each does it's own additional damage to different creature types, which will also need to be made 'elemental'. Like, an ice based enemy, you anchant your weapon with ice, and it does less damage, but use fire, and it does extra damage.

B) How about small/medium/large attack spells? A weak spell that any newbie can cast, a good fighting spell, and a "waste of mana" spell that just looks freaky awesome. Flame Bolt, Fire Ball, Some-Soprt-Of-Massive-Fire-Attack. Rock throw, Earth Spike, (comes from the ground instead of the caster's hand), and Earthslide or Quake or something. Seems to me the little attacks should come from the caster's hand, being small, but the higher level attacks, the animation should come from the ground, or from the sky, to denote a more powerful casting.

:angry: I say get rid of the teleport rings and the teleport to anywhere spell, and implement a system of "runes" like UO has. One spell (called Mark) enchants a speciual rune, which is then marked for that exact location. Another spell (called Recall) is used on the run and teleports you to that location. A harder spell (called Gate) is used on the rune and it creates a magical gate to the rune's location, that anyone can walk through until it dissolves.

B) Also, maybe equally or more important than the addition of new spells, would be to trash the current interface and get something better for casting. For instance, UO has several ways of casting a spell: 1. You can dbl click the spellbook, and dbl click the spell from there. 2. You can dbl click the spellbook, and drag a spell icon anywhere onto your screen, close the spellbook, and dbl click that spell icon anytime you want to cast the spell. 3. You set up a key combination macro, like Ctrl + E for "energy bolt" spell. This makes spells much easier to cast in tandem, instead of opening a window, hunting for the right sigils, oops I'm dead.

Edited by The_Pale_Elf