Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
foncEmerlin

Harvesters heaven

How cool would this be A secret map where all the harvestable goods in the game could be found (and i mean all ) "only one catch far far away from storage lol"

A huge map full of goodies to harvest very hidden added to the game in secret and the only way it gets out is someone finds it and tells its location ( :blink: )

ewww eww it could have ten differant entrances and switch from one to another every so often so it would still be hard to locate even if you found it lol

So it would be kinda like joker ya never know which entrenc will work so ya have to find all ten and it could be fixed so that can't telleport to it either dang this sounds good

:blink::):(B) ewww ewww and a hunters heaven too same basic concept lol

:ph34r: and also a monsters heaven :blink::blink::D eww ewww

:P and one more shoppers paradise lol all things bought and sold here lol

Well thats five awsome ideas I am tapped :blink::blink:

Rous's rule lol

I don't like your idea, fonc.

The idea of a good place to harvest is that it's close to a storage. That's why people mine silver and sulphur in MM cave if they only can. When someone finds this heaven of yours he'll be likely to leave it if it would be far away from a storage. HOWEVER this place could have its own storage character, it wouldn't contain any food at all, however. And if people left the room, they couldn't come back because an exit/an entry would immediately change.

I'm no expert, but it seems like the real problem with implementing something like this is that it adds nothing meaningful to the game. You can already harvest anything in the game that you want to. It takes very little time and effort to learn at least one place you can find each type. It doesn't allow you to harvest something you couldn't already, so what does it really do?

All this adds is a place where you can harvest any *combination* of items with no significant travel in between. That basically only has one use, which is to level alchemy and potion skills with no rest or travel. People keep mentioning "you're limited by food", but they seem to forget that by its definition the "harvester's heaven" also has fruit and vegetables all about.

So the question comes down to whether you really need a place, which most people will never see, that has the sole purpose of saving an alchemist the trouble of walking to 2 or 3 different harvesting points before making a hundred essenses or bars or whatever. Sure it would be nice if that happens to be exactly what you need, but for anyone else, it would be of no use at all.

The times below are for comparative purposes only

Fire: Desert Pines. Travel time: ~2 mins.

Water: Portland rat cave. Travel time: ~2 seconds

Matter: Crystal Caverns. Travel time: ~10 seconds.

Life: Desert Pines. Travel time: ~1 min 10 seconds

Magic: Naralik. Travel time: ~30 seconds.

Health: Desert Pines - Isla Prima. Travel time: ~10 seconds (beaming), ~2 mins 30 seconds walking.

Looks like you can find the ingredients for every essence in less than 2 minutes. Most in under 15 seconds. Even without harvesting and such... it's pretty fast.

And the mystic place with almost every harvestable known to man (if you know where to look) is Tarsengaard. Someone needs to look harder. (I'll mark one...)

There are also great spots for potions... assuming you have the vials in storage and did the wine quest and can kill the animals that drop the items you need.

Mana: Morcraven marsh (bl western side, wine at winery, vials at raven)

Health: Morcraven Marsh (sf by raven, vials at raven, wine at winery)

Reasoning: Raven. (There are animals there for bone powder, veggie by raven, vials at raven)

BR: Nordcarn (Assuming you're carrying the wine)

SR: Nordcarn (Assuming you're carrying the wine)

Feasting: Ghram's (Assuming you're buying wine/ale from tavern)

Edited by freeone3000

guys that is one of the maps not all and if i remeber correctlly in an earlier post I stated no food harvestable on harvesters heavan map

????hmmmmm?????????

Just where can you harvest mercury

???hmmmmm???????

B)

NEW MAPS ROUSs and the DEVS rock :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Edited by foncEmerlin

i think its the idea that it would be something 'new'

why do people go to pk maps if they are low level (i dont mean bagjumpers) altho they get same goods that are on non pk maps? because its something different.

why do people want to go to the island? because its hard to get to, altho i havent been there im assuming that there are the same goods and animals there too.

theres my 2gc

! have changed my mind on one of the maps shoppers heavan heres my idea instead of it being hidden it should be a map of buildings and tables and booths where we could all ways find npcs selling and plenty of empty botthes for bots and players to sell their wares What do you guys think?

:)

Your input is greatly needed

Edited by foncEmerlin

i havent been there im assuming that there are the same goods

Goods and harvestables (or at least the 3d objects that represent them) are visible loading the map with the mapeditor, in your eternal lands directory.

Edited by freeone3000

i just skimmed a bit through but how about 2 caves .. 1 for fighting 1 for harvesting/mining would balance it more wouldnt it maybe even 3 ! 1 for pk/monsters :P but yea as i said may have been suggested

also the fact that storage would be far off would make it rather horrible place to go and i agree that either many people would go there or many wouldnt SO how about 8/9 or 7/9 of the entrances lead near a storage and the other 2/1 lead to a map with no storage? giving it a balance which would most likely make it to where there are not a billion people within this area :)

Edited by Tank55

I've got an idea for a modification to your "shopper's haven". How about a "Black Market" NPC? He could sell about anything sold by an NPC, only at severely inflated prices. Make him extremely hard to find too. Give him only the advantage of talking to antisocial players.

Guess it would mean an antisocial player would have to choose to find a friend willing to sell him pickaxes, or get ready to pay 100gc (or something like that) for them :).

Edited by Arnieman

Thanks doxxie and Kat You two do accually read post

I was beginning to think I had misstyped the entire sugestion

Wheww thanks for reading the post :)

150294[/snapback]

Just because they're the only ones that agree, doesn't mean they're the only ones who have read your suggestion.

Even though it's good of you that you decided to suggest something for the game, maybe you should have put a little more thought into it, to make it a bit more fairer for all players...

I've got an idea for a modification to your "shopper's haven".  How about a "Black Market" NPC?  He could sell about anything sold by an NPC, only at severely inflated prices.  Make him extremely hard to find too.  Give him only the advantage of talking to antisocial players.

Guess it would mean an antisocial player would have to choose to find a friend willing to sell him pickaxes, or get ready to pay 100gc (or something like that) for them :).

153837[/snapback]

arnieman, thats a pretty good idea!

~~evil thoughts forming now~~

:blink:

haven't visited this post in a while sorry for the neglect:(

I am still tossing around some ideas and the black market npc way coooooool!!!

hmmmmmmmmm I'll be thinking. anyone else got any ideas to add

here input orignal idea what if player could not drop anything on the ground in this place and that put a limit how much can have & limit too how much you can make.

Edited by jamesvm