Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
foncEmerlin

Harvesters heaven

How cool would this be A secret map where all the harvestable goods in the game could be found (and i mean all ) "only one catch far far away from storage lol"

A huge map full of goodies to harvest very hidden added to the game in secret and the only way it gets out is someone finds it and tells its location ( :D )

ewww eww it could have ten differant entrances and switch from one to another every so often so it would still be hard to locate even if you found it lol

So it would be kinda like joker ya never know which entrenc will work so ya have to find all ten and it could be fixed so that can't telleport to it either dang this sounds good

:D:D:unsure:B) ewww ewww and a hunters heaven too same basic concept lol

:D and also a monsters heaven :blink::blink::D eww ewww

:P and one more shoppers paradise lol all things bought and sold here lol

Well thats five awsome ideas I am tapped :blink::blink:

Rous's rule lol

personally, I like the idea, except that it could be severely abused by power levelers in certain skills (alchemy especially, other skills by proxy).

Then again, with storage too far off, other people could come in for free esses/weapons and such, and with all that, anything made and dropped could be claimed by anyone who gets in there. This would KILL the already low market prices on goods.

Everyone has to remember this is a GAME :D

And free stuff is cool no matter what the economy of a GAME is

Good for power levelers and also Bad for them :D:D

This aint my first rpg thought of those things when I posted but thanks for bringing it to light

Yes it is good and bad tried to balance it though lol

I will not like this very much if it makes either gaining skills or producing goods significantly easier -- and I think there's no chance to avoid that effect. However I'm interested in the 'monsters heaven'. That's the way I picture it: monsters can enter this area at their discretion. When they do, the 20 players with the most valueable inventories get teleported to the room and magically temporarily weakened to level 3 in all their skills and attributes, so that the monster an slaughter them and take all their property. :D

With regards

Lachesis

As stated above easier and harder good balance of both :)

You must try to maintain a balance and these maps done correctly would do so

Think of it they change locations (entrances like joker )

They are a good distance from storage

so ya got two choices lvl or inventory

youv'e also got to run the chance of dieing while there so if ya die you have to get back in time to get yur bag (almost impossible lol)

If you can think of a way to balance it more than that then bring on your suggestions If we all put our minds together we can come up with some great ideas

ROUSs ROCK!!!!

Other then just the "Awesomely Cool" Originality and comely Offbeat Idea of just HAVING this in the game, I really see absolutely no Worthwhile value to this in the game.

Very much like the Joker himself, the time and effort of finding it would not be worth the benefits you receive. For example, When the Joker first apeared, he gave out some 50+ Titanium Items every night. Not only was he far too easy to find for anyone who memorized his Spawn Points but he almost single-handly made "Certain Players" the Wealthiest Player's in the game. Thus, the devs had to Cut back his Gifts down to Crap in order to Make players spead less time jumping from one Spawn to the next and spead more time actually playing the game. Now, the Joker's a Joke! Until the cane find a way to completely randomize his spawning, he'll continue to be either a Burden or a Joke. If the Joker gave out a few Quests or something, maybe he'd be worth searching for But I think he should get ditch him completely.

And a Harvester's Heaven would effectively bring as right back to this point once again, even despite the low "Chance" that a player would find it.

Right off the top of my head: Matter Essences! In one area that possesses all Harvestables, all a player would need is a Pickaxe and they could spead hours in there raising their Alchemy! And that's not counting all the other Essences that are so easy to make.

And any "Negitives" we implement in order to balance it will effectively make the whole idea pointless.

Right off the top of my head: Matter Essences! In one area that possesses all Harvestables, all a player would need is a Pickaxe and they could spead hours in there raising their Alchemy! And that's not counting all the other Essences that are so easy to make.

Well, if you are making Matter Ess., there already is a "one stop shop" for the materials, except the food cost, but then it isn't too far off to find food.

OK :D listen guys and gals of el it is a game a GAME so fun is what it is all about I work something like 12 hours a day I don't play el for the economy I don't play for any other reason than having fun if you are not having fun then please leave the game. I am saying this for your own good A game is for playing not living.

We are lucky to have found a Game this fun and free to boot.

Here is my second suggestion in this thread I suggest we play :unsure: it is a Game :blink:

Edited by foncEmerlin

OK :D listen guys and gals of el it is a game a GAME so fun is what it is all about I work something like 12 hours a day I don't play el for the economy I don't play for any other reason than having fun if you are not having fun then please leave the game. I am saying this for your own good A game is for playing not living.

We are lucky to have found a Game this fun and free to boot.

Here is my second suggestion in this thread I suggest we play :unsure: it is a Game :blink:

Wow, some of us actually ARE (or were) playing this game, and as such, looking to make our own shortcuts as we go, not just ask someone to make it so lamebrain easy for us if we are so lucky. I mean, look at what we have vs. the suggestion:

What we have now is looking for the best place to harvest materials (say, in the case of an FE, a good place for flowers, then for more flowers, then for the sulfur) that are close to a good food source, and all that near a good storage place.

This suggestion takes all the thinking in the process out, "dumbing it down" by putting all those materials in the same place, and the food as that's a harvestable. So maybe you won't be able to store what you make. You really think the powerlevelers will care about that? It will horribly skew the game FURTHER away from the community, as it already seems to be headed that way anyway.

So, the idea for powerlevelers: GOOD IDEA.

For the Game in general: BAD IDEA.

This is all just my opinion, take it for what it's worth.

Ok Thank you for your opinion :D

and btw what is wrong with the power levelers if it is just a game?

Any hoo to each his own this is my last post on this thread :unsure:

Remember it is a game for general players power players old people young people rich people poor people

IT IS A GAME

and a game i love Thank you devs :blink:

and btw what is wrong with the power levelers if it is just a game?

Nothing wrong with the power-levelers in general, I kinda admire them in a way...

Just, IMO, giving them a "one-stop-shop" kinda cheapens the exp earned by making it so ... easy to get.

:o Hmm, you know, having that one stop harvester shop is a great idea... But why not completely take out the middleman? Place a stone next to all storages, a big player sized rock that gives you 500 of every resource in your storage, every time you click "use" on it. You can use it as many times as you like, gives 500 of every flower, every ore, every essence... Deposited into your storage for you so you don't have to waste time with harvesting.

:ph34r: No? It's essentially the same idea...

Do you guys even read the post before ya add yur two cents I mean hay you are comparing my idea to a one stop easy to find shop

What?!

The suggestion I made had plenty of down falls

Me thinks someone is acctually looking for someone to just put that big rock there lol

Sry had to break my word about not posting on this thread again

ROUSs and EL both rock

Rats Big Rats

:P

for petes sake! it was just a suggestion :)

he didnt say to make it that easy, and it would be far away from storage and random entrances, and the harvesting limit per hour would still be in effect, it would give the long time players something new to look for i would think. :P

i think that it's a pretty cool idea.

and like foncemerlin said, it would be very difficult to actually get in it. just like finding joker. it can be hard until once u've figured out all the places he/it hides.

so, that's one thing to think about. and i agree with Doxxie. it would give the players something to look forward to, and it's not like a quest in which u can use/do once. u can use it as much as u want, even tho it would take the person awhile to find.

-kat

well, i wasnt thinking of a spawn place, but completely random, (if that can be done) :D

i havent found joker yet :)

but im still a noob :lol:

at least i think i am, how long does it take to become like...an uber-noob? :P

Edited by Doxxie

And thank you very much for implying I didn't read your post.

Alright, let me get this straight. You suggested a secret map with randomly spawning entrances. on this map, it would be possible to harvest anything harvestable in game.

Sorry if I felt that this thread was anything more than a cry for gratification.

Edited by Arnieman

Ok. foncEmerlin, What you don't get is that in the game as it is now, this can't work very well, for both Balance and Programming issues.

For one: Such a place has but only a few possible Locations in which to spawn. The Map just isn't that big right now. Given time, any player with a few hours to spare can map out each and every location the same way they did with the Joker.

And Two: Any player who does manage to make their way in will be at a HUGE Advantage, being able to amass an enormous amount of Exp in several fields which would only be limited by Time and possibly Luck.

As Long as the Harvesting Skill remains the Root Skill of the game, this will give a too great of an advantage.

Now, the Idea of a Secret Location of a Special Cave is a great idea in itself but no amount of Negatives would succeed in balancing out a Place where one player would have everything at arms reach.

I could understand and support, say a cave that just has all the High level Gems (Diamonds, Emeralds, Rubies. Etc). In this way, even Knowing the Spawn of it's location will only help those who are in immediate need of them. Plus, it'd be a great place for Harvesters without MM to mine the usually Protected wealth in safety.

Another alternative would be that a player would only have a limited Time to do what they need to do. Say, One hour from entering the player will be teleported back out again. That will curve all abuse of it except for high level Alchemists for could do 1000 Matter Essences in an hour. One slight augment to that would be that the player would be instantly teleported out upon hitting their Harvesting Cap! That way it'll be fair for all Player's equally!

Edited by Kami

Now that is what I AM LOOKING FOR THANKS FOR ALL THE GREAT INPUT

I am contimplating some more ideas now .

this is great now we have a direction lets put all our minds together and see what we can come up with that will work

thank you all I see now that you did indeed read the post

Thank You very much

The reason I thought you hadn't read is because ya didn't have any input for the suggestion other than it would not work

Sry for the mistake :)

Now keep thinking we can come up with a worthy suggestion if we put our minds to it :D

Here we go the harvesting map has all resouces but food it can however have rats but very few and one campfire.

The montser map has #beam me up disabled but has food and campfire

The hunting map has no campfire

the shopping map has nothing but shops no harvestable goods what so ever no animals no monsters no camp fire

none of these maps have storage

so is this sounding more balanced yet please help me decide what else to add I am designing the maps now :D

Edited by foncEmerlin

My apologies, fonc, I just couldn't think of a way I'd make it work... was kind of hoping by tossing out that negative, I could bounce an idea out of someone else in that case, or just by voicing my own dissent, come up with something.

It would appear Kami succeeded where I failed... I do like those further ideas. maybe separate "hidden" areas where say, all flowers, or all metals, or all minerals, could be found?

Or, make the all harvestables map, and make access timed or skill level-limited.

Or, yet another idea, make a map with all harvestables, but all out of reach (a torment for Tantalus!), or guarded by high-level monsters (nice bunny, can I have my arm back?), or -even worse- on a pkable map (I can make HEs, but got slaughtered for them...).

I'm feeling a little evil today...

Great ideas and the pk thing makes me think

I am not a pker but it would add a little more danger to the whole thing

We could have some of the random exits and entrances be inside a pking map

that would add some danger wait we could have the same random entrances for each map so lets say you know where the entrances are so you go to one expecting it to carry you to harvesters heaven and instead you go to monter heaven lol

oh that would mess it all up wouldn't it great idea bouncing so what do ya think ?

The pking exits and entrances may be a little to harsh and may add more porwer those who allready have it so I don't know <_<

Edited by foncEmerlin