Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kinger

Wow..... check this out.

Major p2p games do have players that sell their ingame items for a lot of cash regularly.. my old account on Lineage is worth like $800 alone.

I'm still wondering why they're showing a picture of swords that are Legend of Mir '2' weapons, not 3.

Edited by Daxon

:o Y'know, people have been killed for less. $872 is worth more than a pair of Air Jordan's. And hell, if this sort of thing happened more often, it would stop people from scamming in games like this. So really, this could have a good side. Personally, I've been mad enough after being scammed that if I could have gotten to the person who scammed me, I prolly would've stabbed them repeatedly. How dare someone take something that I feel belongs to me, even if it is just an item that I could otherwise sell myself for hundreds of dollars.

:) Now, this complicates that whole copyright ownership thing, doesn't it? I mean, stealing is stealing, RIAA and MPAA wants to make copying = stealing. Now, is it stealing to take an item that doesn't exist from a person in a game? Is it stealing if the item is worth nothing, or only if it's worth $800+? Could we suddenly see lawsuits for this sort of thing in the future? Is a text file on my computer "my personal property", and therefore I could have someone's knees taken out for copying it or deleting it from my hard drive?

:unsure: Man, look up Ultima Online on eBay... I used to make some pretty good money just buying and selling gold, selling leather and cloth, building up and selling accounts, selling rare items... People don't like to think that items in mmorpg's have real world value, but to insist that it is a fact that they are worthless... Even on this game, where everything is free, there is a price on some items... I've already played here long enough to sell gold coins, (not telling the price). So does it all have no value?

This is what happens when games are more realistic, they are more real.(duh)

No video games donot lead to violence, scammers do.

rule #56: you steal, you die.

::Looks in storage::

Most valuable item, Plate Iron.

::Sharpens Knife::

Back off thieves!!!

::Foams at mouth, hisses, spits::

I am serious! Dont touch my EL stuffs!

Okay so that guy (the stabber) was prolly mentally ill in the first place, but somehow, after play EL for a few months I can see stuff like this happening here too. QueenJenny's next poll should include the question:

Next EL player to go postal (QJ, I have my nominees already!) :)

I know I get really grumpy and pissy if I dont get my daily EL fix, just ask my husband who hides in the closet everytime the power goes out or we are having computer/internet connection problems.

I am in no ways complaining, I love EL, but seriously I think someone needs to start an EL Addicts support group, and this should include a cell phone calling tree for those times when the internet is for some reason not available. You know, just someone to call me up and talk me down from doing anything too stupid, for instance obsessivly cleaning under and behind all the furniture (in the dark no less). :P :lol:

Anyways this game is awesome, and thanks again Ent for giving us this awesome game :)

JaneMuffin

So.. did anyone stabbed anyone here for selling their Thermal Serp Sword?

I tried, but when I came back home his serp was still not in my inventory. *shrug*