Eternal Lands Official Forums
godfathernoodle

Best Rappers of all time!

Which rapper do you think was the best.  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Which rapper do you think was the best.

• Biggie Smalls A.k.A Notorius
    • Eminem A.k.A Slim shady
    • Tupac

Gimme a break godfather, you're probably one of those people that hated rap until it became "cool" to follow G-unit and the whole shady/aftermath camp. Summertime by Fresh Prince is one of the greatest songs ever...And as much as I like Biggie, Pac, and Shady, there's tons more better, I'll give you my top 10 list here.

1. Immortal Technique

2. Rakim

3. BDP

4. Wu Tang

5. Dre

6. Eazy

7. Nas

8. Cormega

9. Grandmaster Flash (The Message...Holy hell that CD was great)

10. Ultramagnetic MC's

Honorable Mentions: Big L, Ice Cube, Mobb Deep, Fresh Prince AKA Will Smith(BTW, has anyone heard his new CD "Lost and Found"? It's nice and I recommend it." Masta Ace and many more.

I could go on and on until I finally hit Pac, Biggie, and Shady in the 20's. On a side note, does anyone else think that there wouldn't be as many people thinking Pac or Biggie were the best if they were still alive today?

B) Pac was a great rapper in his day, but I do agree there would be a lot less of these little kids who cream their pants yelling how great this dead idol is. Death seems to immortalize good singers and makes them "great' in everyone's minds... Elvis Prestley, Tupac Shakur, Curt Cobain, Jim Morrison, Bob Marley...

:) I never heard of Nas before he and Jay Z started their beef... Where the hell did he come from? lol. No "Cool J" in your list of top ten? Boogie Down Productions roxxors. Shabba Ranks was nice in "The Jam" but then he went R&B, lol. KRS-1. Ghetto Boyz. Parcyde was okay, I'd put them on a level with Mobb Deep. Warren G with Nate Dogg... I really wanted to see more melodic rap there, but I guess it never took. ("Regulators!! Mount up!")

Regulate is one of my favorite songs of all time :ph34r: I still constantly listen to it and "This DJ" And you never heard of Nas before the beef!?! His first CD Illmatic is one of the greatest ever! 5 mics in the source, 5 stars everwhere else, only 8 songs and 2 interludes on the CD, but the songs are more than worthwhile...Some of the greatest rhymes ever. Naw, LL is in my top 20, but not top 10...He's good, but my top 10 is reserved for my favorites ever. Hia first 4 albums were really good, but I feel he just fell off with the ones after.

:) He dropped outta tha game to be an actor, which didn't go quite as well as say, Will Smith, lol. I dunno what he's doing now... But I guess as he grew older he wanted to do more R&B sounding stuff and less old skool "battle raps". Tell me this wasn't once of his best, for the entire effect of dropping the beat and going with it:

"I eat a rapper like a sandwich,

Leave him in a bandage,

Crack the stage and leave the audience damaged!"

Btw, it's time for more of Pale_Elf's dumb logic!

:ph34r: Jay Z refers to himself in "Dirt Off Your Shoulder" as 'The best rapper alive'. Therefore, he is greater than Eminem, who is also alive. Eminem calls himself 'WhitePac' in "Say What You Say", so therefore he puts himself on an even level with Tupac. Thus said, BIG must be the greatest rapper ever by default!

Btw, "Regulate" is the ringtone on my cellphone for voicemails. It's long, but it sounds awesome... Hehe. Go midi and http://www.mbuzzy.com/!!

Edited by The_Pale_Elf

Wow! They had beef!!! I guess that also makes Canibus and LL Cool J 2 of the greatest ever right? Maybe 50 Cent and GAme/Jadakiss/Fat Joe?

Lol,,Guinit isnt good,,, Not at all,Their was two rappers that ragged a costal war,,,, hmmm. i wonder if will smi :unsure: th did that.... ok ji proved my point..

:blink: I lost something in translation... What was the point you proved?

:D (Admittedly, I first read it and went "what rapper goes by gui nit? lol "Down wit DOS, up wit da gui! Windows fo life yo!"

:D (Admittedly, I first read it and went "what rapper goes by gui nit? lol "Down wit DOS, up wit da gui! Windows fo life yo!"

Quoted

Old rap was tolerable, everything playing on the radio is utter crap.

(I used to like eminem or who ever... I was a freshmen and blind.)

And rap was originally done by white guys.. :D (Just watch Grease 1 at the prom). Shows just how bad our shortcomings are.

all of you's who dont know crap,,, go to any website,tv show, poll eneywhere and onr of the best rappers will be biggie,or Tupac,,, and it just wasn't beef,, IT WAS COSTAL,,,,,the west of the usa hated the east of the usa,,, Think before you type,,Know your role!

It cant be Ice cube,, he wasn'e super great,,, it cant be will smith,,, he is a part time,, oncew in a wile rapper,,,it cant be anyone on that klist elf,,,, they arent loved or respected like pac and smalls are,,,,,

:blink: Websites are full of 13 yr olds like yourself, Fetus, who don't really know much about rap before they were listening to it. Website polls are pointless because any idiot can vote. Your whole coastal argument was originally between Dr Dre and Shug Knight. Here, read the history lesson:

http://ocean.otr.usm.edu/~slackson/3paper.html

:blink: That's right, Fetus, it was a business rivalry! The entire East Coast / West Coast thing started because Shug and Dre couldn't work together! THAT is where it started, young'un.

:lol: Take your own advice, Fetus. Know your role!

Will Smith is a part time, once in a while rapper? Check this out

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&u...my548qcnbtv4~T2

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&u...ts9ks38ba3bg~T2

How many CD's has he released in his career? 9! And all of them are quality filled with new material. Pac has about a billion albums out, 3/4's of which are unreleased, post-death stuff. And you don't need to be loved or respected to be great, Ice Cube even has a song called "The N**** you love to hate" or somethin. He was the best lyricist and had the best flow outta NWA. And you say you can't be great if you weren't love and respected? Look at your other choice in the poll, he's one of the most hated rappers ever. And why do you not mention the other rappers on my list? Got no idea who they are huh? Well buy some of their CD's and get educated.

And rap was originally done by white guys.. :ph34r: (Just watch Grease 1 at the prom). Shows just how bad our shortcomings are.

The first rap song ever made was in 1974 by a black guy...I'm trying to find a link to that but I'm having trouble atm. I heard it on a documentary somewhere..

Is none an option ? since again ill repeat "great" cannot stick with "rapper".

"Shittiest" would fit "rapper" :lol:

Blah blah, this rap = crap stuff gets boring, easily. Everyone has their preference in music, leave em be.

Give me a legitimate argument other than the whole coastal war thing, which like Pale Elf said, was started by Suge and Dre.

Its my opions and mosly everones opinion that biggie and tupaac are the bwest,, its fact.

:P Apparently not, since it's your opinion and who else's? Woodchuck and I are disagreeing with you, so you're obviously outvoted, and therefore it can't be a "fact". Then take into account how many people posted the inane rap = crap stuff. They don't think Biggie and Pac are the best, now do they? You're pretty close to alone now... Where's that "fact" business again?

The lead singer of The Twelve Stones is the best rapper of all time. :lol:

The epitome of his works is in "Bring Me To Life." :lol:

I'm so mean.

Oh and I have to go watch Grease now. I'm done catching up on the forums for today.

Edited by Kala

Masta P! Masta P!!!!! erm... I fear that most of the small underground has more skillz (look at the use of urban "lingo" I MUST know what I'm talking about...) than anyone on your list... While I don't follow rab/urban/hip-hop religously, i consider myself something of a conisourre of all types of music, and I must say of the three listed Big would get my vote simply for being Biggie and Beautiful.

Two Cents.

~E.S.

Dammit Kala!! Why'd you revive a dead topic?! Now this noodle guy is gonna come back starting up the argument again...

Dammit Kala!! Why'd you revive a dead topic?! Now this noodle guy is gonna come back starting up the argument again...

154049[/snapback]

:P I heart you.