Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
johnttlin

sad sad day

While I feel sorry that she died, I am resonably sure that most of the people wouldn't want to live like that.

It is also very sad how the whole god damn US media focuses on a single subject for 14 days, totally ignoring far more important issues. That's why I usually get my news from bbc.co.uk (the radio)

I ended up subscribing to a British newspaper when I moved to the US, because I couldn't find anything that I liked. Not saying that all of the US media is bad, but most of it is junk.

You know what's sad?

A woman down in Florida, who has been strapped to a bed and kept alive for 15 years, now rests in peace.

You know what's sad?

An earthquake struck somewhere in Indonesia. Several hundred died.

You know what's sad?

People are dieing in Iraq, whether they are Iraqi, American, or whatnot, for an idealogy.

You know what's sad?

People die every single day.

You know what's saddest?

People like us will sit here and argue over such unimportant issues as the details of this for the rest of our lives, and miss what really matters, the big picture.

One should never be so inclined to view the world in the terms of "The Big Picture." To do so often leads us to Overlook all the little peices which make up the Mosaic that is our world least we forget about those very peices that can most make it Shine. It's often that those little peices are what Makes the Picture what it truely is.

Though Equally so, one should never scrutinize each and every peice so intently Least we forget to Step back every so often to acttually Look and see what Imagine of our world is being revealed.

Like the Sculptor that does not yet know what he's Sculpting, every Detail is only as important as the End result and upon viewing, the unfinished product should never blind you to the finished form.

Edited by Kami

One should never be so inclined to view the world in the terms of "The Big Picture." To do so often leads us to Overlook all the little peices which make up the Mosaic that is our world least we forget about those very peices that can most make it Shine. It's often that those little peices are what Makes the Picture what it truely is.

Though Equally so, one should never scrutinize each and every peice so intently Least we forget to Step back every so often to acttually Look and see what Imagine of our world is being revealed.

Like the Sculptor that does not yet know what he's Sculpting, every Detail is only as important as the End result and upon viewing, the unfinished product should never blind you to the finished form.

All your post can be sumarized in a few words: "You don't see the forest because of the trees"

I would never want to be kept alive like that for 15 years. The only reason this is a story is her parients selfishness. If I ever need a machine to keep me in a vegitated state I hope someone has the guts to let me go too. IMO its a happy day for her. Her soul can finally R.I.P.

Considering that murder has just been legalized in America, sure. Get on a raft and come on over.

As far as i know, murder was legal in America all the time. You even execute teenagers and mentaly handicaped that were convicted on bogus trials because they couldn't afford lawyers and were stuck with public defendants who fell asleep in the courtroom.

But when some1 pulls the plug on a vegetable, all the ' noble cristians' start yelling 'Murder"!

Four minutes, six video segments. Out of four and a half hours of video tape. That is not being repsonsive. that's coincidence.

I'm talking about the 40 second clip shown on FOX. She did not respond in the same manner (i.e., her responses were not extremely identical). To have a reflex is for a bodily function to do nearly the same thing on provoked occassions (breathing, maybe?). A response is when she answers not on reflex but on her own saying. She spoke on her own. Should have given her some damn therapy so she could have been able to say her wishes perfectly.

Daxon, would you really want to live how she was living the rest of your life? I've asked that question atleast 3 times and haven't seen your answer yet.

Read the other thread -- I gave you my answer.

Just out of curiosity: what is the big picture?

In all honesty, I'm not exactly sure. However, the point I was trying to make is that thousands of people die daily, in thousands of different ways. Why should one dieing person make 2 weeks of near constant news, and several hundred only about 15-30 seconds, and countless others get nil? Maybe, in this case, that is the bigger picture.

All your post can be sumarized in a few words: "You don't see the forest because of the trees"

I would ask, are the pieces bigger than the mosaic, or the details more than the sculpture itself? How about the trees bigger than the forest? None of these is grander than that which it is part of. On the same note, why then are we content to be told that the value of one life is greater than that of several hundred, and those greater than the millions of others?

Or maybe you haven't seen the forest for all them trees... :(

You know what's sad?

A woman down in Florida, who has been strapped to a bed and kept alive for 15 years, now rests in peace.

You know what's sad?

An earthquake struck somewhere in Indonesia. Several hundred died.

You know what's sad?

People are dieing in Iraq, whether they are Iraqi, American, or whatnot, for an idealogy.

You know what's sad?

People die every single day.

You know what's saddest?

People like us will sit here and argue over such unimportant issues as the details of this for the rest of our lives, and miss what really matters, the big picture.

That's right!When my country was bombed in 1999.,did the NATO say how much people died?Oh,sure,they must have murmured something about 1k-2k dead.But even know we are still suffering.Where's our media?Nowhere.

Please don't post any hate posts anymore, we're trying to make these Forums a pleasant place again. Thanks for your cooperation. :(