Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
johnttlin

sad sad day

Oh, but it was much sader that 1 person (who didn't have any brain activity in the last 10 years) died, than around 1K in that earthquake. Why? Because that 1 person was all over the media, and was an american, and the others weren't.

This is what's really sad.

well that would be very sad ...i'm sure he only forgot about the earthquake tho and doesn't think it's any less important and or sad :o

well that would be very sad ...i'm sure he only forgot about the earthquake tho and doesn't think it's any less important and or sad :o

I wouldn't be so sure.

well that would be very sad ...i'm sure he only forgot about the earthquake tho and doesn't think it's any less important and or sad  :o

I wouldn't be so sure.

That's not a very nice thing to say, why would you assume that? :o

well that would be very sad ...i'm sure he only forgot about the earthquake tho and doesn't think it's any less important and or sad  :o

I wouldn't be so sure.

That's not a very nice thing to say, why would you assume that? :o

Nevermind.

EOT before it turns into a flame war.

i haven't even heard about an earthquake?

Hmm.. I haven't heard of an earthquake either.. I say we all flame my local newschannels.. I'm so sick of my local news channels in Miami, there's a serious lack of international coverage on there and I would like to know what else is going on in the news :o

And it seems all my other news channels like CNN are going to cover Terri all day too..

Edited by sian

I don't think there was an earthquake....

I saw something on the news is that it?-A driver crashed a chlorine truck into the river,causing the gas to leak out and infest several surrounding villages.

since my link up there is not working, here the story from bloomberg:

Indonesia's Sumatra Region Struck by 6.4 Magnitude Aftershock

March 31 (Bloomberg) -- A magnitude-6.4 aftershock struck off the western coast of Indonesia's Sumatra island, the U.S. Geological Survey said, as aid groups extended operations in Nias and Simeulue islands where more than 500 were killed in a March 28 earthquake.

The aftershock a little before midnight yesterday was in the same area as the magnitude-8.7 quake that destroyed about 10 percent of houses on Nias, according to the United Nations. The death toll may reach 2,000 people when rescuers complete searches, Vice President Jusuf Kalla said yesterday.

Two aftershocks, one of magnitude 5.7, were recorded near Simeulue Island early today, the U.S. Geological Survey said on its Web site. The 6.4 aftershock was the biggest since the main earthquake.

Aid agencies sent emergency teams to Nias and Simeulue from Sumatra's Aceh and West Sumatra provinces, the worst-hit areas in the Dec. 26 earthquake and tsunami disaster that left more than 270,000 people dead or missing in 12 countries around the Indian Ocean. More than 220,000 people were killed or are missing in Indonesia.

A total of 518 people are confirmed dead on Nias and Simeulue and on the Sumatran mainland, and that toll is expected to rise, Masood Hyder, the UN's deputy humanitarian coordinator in Aceh's capital, Banda Aceh, said yesterday in an e-mailed statement.

Efforts have begun to repair roads on Nias to enable aid workers to reach parts of the island beyond the town of Gunungsitoli, Hyder said.

Hundreds of people were injured in Gunungsitoli alone and other areas, such as the Banyak Islands, are still inaccessible, he said.

I'm so sick of my local news channels in Miami, there's a serious lack of international coverage on there and I would like to know what else is going on in the news

Try Z Net for news beside the mainstream.

Try Z Net for news beside the mainstream.

Neat.. I'll check it out...

Also checked out Soldus' link.. so ty EL news team! :)

(Although I'm still lazy and would rather listen to the news then read it.. :) )

Oh Just Shut Up!

Murder Is Murder is Murder! There's no two ways around it, Whatever your supposed Justification is! It's all a Sad Day, regardless of whether it's the Innocent and Pure or the most Corrupt, Vile and/or Despicable of us who die, it's all a miserable day and we should all be Ashamed of it when we play any part in the death of another.

Now, Just weep your Tears and Get over it already and Maybe you all should learn the true Value of a single Human Life and stop arguing the Justification of taking one person's Life over the reasoning of taking another's.

I'm very comfused...

I havne't heard too much about this, but basicly wasen't thsi person a vegitable (you coudl say). I fall that is working is the brain stem she has no ture emotions, memories, etc....you are nothign without memoriies or emotions...just a living body...what is so sad about this? Other than sentimental value to the parents...the body is...just a body...you can't be anythignw withotu memories or emotions...

I'm very comfused...

I havne't heard too much about this, but basicly wasen't thsi person a vegitable (you coudl say). I fall that is working is the brain stem she has no ture emotions, memories, etc....you are nothign without memoriies or emotions...just a living body...what is so sad about this? Other than sentimental value to the parents...the body is...just a body...you can't be anythignw withotu memories or emotions...

Too bad that argument became mute when audiotape was shown on FOX proving that she was indeed responsive.

I'm very comfused...

I havne't heard too much about this, but basicly wasen't thsi person a vegitable (you coudl say).  I fall that is working is the brain stem she has no ture emotions, memories, etc....you are nothign without memoriies or emotions...just a living body...what is so sad about this? Other than sentimental value to the parents...the body is...just a body...you can't be anythignw withotu memories or emotions...

Too bad that argument became mute when audiotape was shown on FOX proving that she was indeed responsive.

Four minutes, six video segments. Out of four and a half hours of video tape. That is not being repsonsive. that's coincidence.

Daxon, would you really want to live how she was living the rest of your life? I've asked that question atleast 3 times and haven't seen your answer yet.

I was thinking the same thing...but it dosen't matter! She diden't comprehend anything she saw, she had no emotion, she dosen't experience paint he way we would,and all she is a lifeless body...once again...ther eis nothign sad about this <_<