Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
chintan

Click here if you want to win a full sunshinee set

I decided to hold a lottery with a really good prize.

The prize is a full p l a t e set (consists of iron greaves, iron cuisses, and iron p l a t e)! :) Tickets cost 50 gc each. Numbers will be drawn on April 9, 2005 at 22:00 GMT, and announced in the WSC meeting hall and on channel 40.

Each ticket consists of 3 different numbers from 1 to 40. For example, "8 14 31" is a possible ticket. The order of the numbers doesn't matter, so "1 2 3" and "2 3 1" are the same. You can choose the numbers yourself or have them chosen randomly. On April 30, 3 different numbers from 1 to 40 will be chosen randomly. If your numbers match the ones drawn, you win a full p l a t e set! :(

PM me in game or post here if you want to buy tickets. They cost 50 gc each.

I offer specials prices to those interested in buying multiple tickets:

5 tickets 240 gc

10 tickets 400 gc

20 tickets 700 gc

100 tickets 2500 gc Half price!

EDIT: LOL the topic title is supposed to say "full p l a t e set" :)

Edited by chintan

I think this issue of lotteries/raffles needs to be addressed before it gets out of control.

Edited by Rend

There is no way that unless a moderator/dev memeber picks the numbers and posts them as the winning ones, that we can have any lottery appear fair.

There is no difference between a moderator/dev picking numbers and the player holding it picking numbers. They aren't god pls.

:rolleyes:

Moderators, i think this issue of gambling needs to be addressed before its gets out of control.

It has been, and it is allowed.

There is no difference between a moderator/dev picking numbers and the player holding it picking numbers. They aren't god pls.

SKA: Thats what I was making the :o face about. What did you mean by that? Maybe I am the one who's confused :D It sounded like you didn't think too highly of us. :rolleyes:

I don't think too highly of you guys. You were all normal players before you were "blessed" by Roja with a few commands. So in my mind you are still normal players.

I don't think too highly of you guys. You were all normal players before you were "blessed" by Roja with a few commands. So in my mind you are still normal players.

I guess I totally misunderstood that post. Of course we are still normal players. :D Nevermind. I took "god pls" to be "good players". :D

We could involve a bunch of people in drawing the number to make it fair. One person could pick 3 numbers and everyone else could come up with an arbitary one to one mapping from the numbers 1 to 40 to the numbers 1 to 40. Then we take the three numbers and run them through everyone's mappings in a predetermined order, and we get numbers that are pretty much random.

The only problem with this idea is everyone has to turn in their numbers/mapping at the same time, or else the last person could adjust theirs to make the numbers work out to their advantage, but it should be possible in some way, even if it means trying to get a bunch of people to post in local chat at the exact same time.

Edited by chintan

I am interested in buying tickets once you get this whole ordeal sorted out. You can just post here or pm me in game. I am TheGlassOnion.