Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kala

My graphics card

file save as then click the thing under where you type in the filename and switch it to jpg assuming you have windows

That's unlikely to be the graphics card. Post it under bug reports.

Actually, no, it is the graphic card, not the game.

I guess Kala uses an S3 video card, right? Or it can also be a SyS card.

I have no clue what that means! :lol:

It's fixed now. I just restarted my computer, and now the graphics are normal. It was entertaining, but I'm glad I don't have to guess where things are on my map.

And how would the graphics card know where to find a completely valid texture that isn't even used in the current scene?

It doesn't just look through the computer and go "ooh, that one looks pretty, me wants", something has to tell it where to find the texture, and that something is the game.

/me thinks you always blame the graphics card. Didn't you blame my graphics card when EL used a random texture instead of showing "there is no map for this place", and then freed the texture, making everything white? Until I found the bug...

And how would the graphics card know where to find a completely valid texture that isn't even used in the current scene?

No idea, why don't you ask those who wrote those drivers? :P

It doesn't just look through the computer and go "ooh, that one looks pretty, me wants", something has to tell it where to find the texture, and that something is the game.

Of course. Unfortunately, the OpenGL implementation for that particular card is flawed, so a wrong texture is used.

/me thinks you always blame the graphics card.

It so happens that I personally whitnessed this bug on an S3 card (on a laptop), and I know that it is a bug with that card. On the other hand, the game is open source, if you can pinpoint a flaw that causes that, I'll stand corrected.

it happens to me sometimes when i open 2 E-L clients and keep switching from windows to e-l :-P

i saw a similar glitch once

Screenshot

Mother nature got pissed off at wraith?  :(

Thats really scary:D

and about the S3 cards.. I once played EL on a crappy-as-hell computer (like 400 mhz and a s3 card) just for the sake of chatting, and even though the fps was around 1~/sec i could see that all the stupid textures were bugged.. and i played the game over LAN on a computer where it worked perectly.. so id also put my money on the Cards. :|

Edited by Tropicano