Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
chintan

Death Bags: Reworded

If someone dies in front of you on a non-PK map, leaving a deathbag, what would you do?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. If someone dies in front of you on a non-PK map, leaving a deathbag, what would you do?

• Take it and keep it
    • Ignore the bag
    • PM them and offer to give it back
    • Wait 10 minutes for them get it
    • Post on channel 1, 3, and 4 asking whose bag it is

you left out sit on it and wait for them to get back, but i'll do the pm one as i mgiht know who it is.

You can do either of the last 3 choices while sitting on it waiting for them to get back, or walking around leaving the bag alone.

Edited by chintan

well sorry pro i'm getting really ticked off at this game i think i mite leave also. I mean i reckon half of you guys woudn't really give nothing back, maybe take whats good and leave useless stuff in.. <_<

Guest TheDuke

i whould grab it and wait for the person to pm me if i was close to the person when the died

Take it of course, unless it was a friend who died.

All the giving stuff back to people you dont even know are ruining the whole concept of losing stuff when you die.

You know I am starting to agree. At first i would have been angry but i have saved 6 bags so far, but everytime I die noone ever gives me back MY stuff, so I dont think i will return theirs anymore. :)

Personally, I never see anyone with good stuff (plate, capes, other goodies) die in front of me, but the simple truth is, if I died, I'd want someone to return my stuff to me. That, and I wouldn't feel right stealing (that's pure and simple what it is), even if no one ever knew it was me.

Therefore, you lose a bag, I find it and know it's yours, you will get it back from me. If I don't know it's yours, I'm at least going to attempt to find out whose it is.

It's situational. 99% of the time, I pm them and give them a chance to come back and get their stuff.

The other 1% is when you are at a spawn first and somone else comes up and start competing for the spawn or killing a monster you're fighting on a mutliattack map. In that case the person who dies gets nothing back.

Edited by Rend

It's situational. 99% of the time, I pm them and give them a chance to come back and get their stuff.

The other 1% is when you are at a spawn first and somone else comes up and start competing for the spawn or killing a monster you're fighting on a mutliattack map. In that case the person who dies gets nothing back.

Ugh yeah, I hate that...

Hmmm maybe I'll put that as my 1% too...

I usually pm the person that died, take the stuff and keep it until he/she comes back then return it. The only exception was when I died harvesting, returned, there was 1 afk guy there and one active. I asked for my stuff, nobody answered. After 5 minutes, what do you know, the active guy dies. I check the deathbag- all my stuff was there plus a bit of money .You can be sure I didn't pm THAT guy :blink:

I usually pm the person that died, take the stuff and keep it until he/she comes back then return it. The only exception was when I died harvesting, returned, there was 1 afk guy there and one active. I asked for my stuff, nobody answered. After 5 minutes, what do you know, the active guy dies. I check the deathbag- all my stuff was there plus a bit of money .You can be sure I didn't pm THAT guy :)

yay, I love that kind of luck... sounds like his karma hit his dogma hard.

sweet, am one of the 14 up to now who'd keep it :)

(i may give a couple guild mates their goods back, or some friends, but even friends i wud be reluctant >:P oh, and do i care if i don't get mine back? do i smeg, though, i am always grateful when some1 pm's mee - i extremely rarely go looking for my own death bag..)

Edited by simma

3 people would post on channel 1, 3, and 4 asking whose bag it is, even when the person died right in front of them and they know who it is :lol:

Guest Anchesenamon

i'd take the bag, Leeloo is right - that's the sake of loosing items when you die, and no one should be angry at me because i took it.

3 people would post on channel 1, 3, and 4 asking whose bag it is, even when the person died right in front of them and they know who it is :lol:

I thought about that earlier...

If someone dies in front of you... what would you do?

[] Post on channel 1, 3, and 4 asking whose bag it is

Personally, if I find a deathbag, or any bag with more goodies than I think should have been left around, I will post to ch3 if I'm there. I'm being the nice guy in even offering to give it back, so I'm not gonna work extra hard to get to ch1 and ch4, even if it is just a couple #jc commands.

I thought about that earlier...

If someone dies in front of you... what would you do?

[] Post on channel 1, 3, and 4 asking whose bag it is

Personally, if I find a deathbag, or any bag with more goodies than I think should have been left around, I will post to ch3 if I'm there. I'm being the nice guy in even offering to give it back, so I'm not gonna work extra hard to get to ch1 and ch4, even if it is just a couple #jc commands.

Still. The idea here is you watched them died. they probly know you watched them die. So, knowing full well who died, why don't you just PM them?

if someone dies i get the bag and simply just sit on it and refresh it a few times. If i know who it was who died i'd pm them, but if i do not, i'll wait a few min. until that person returns.

and as scrab2k said that when he dies most of the time the ppl don't give it back. well, i do get agravated from time to time and just say to myself that i'm sick of giving and helping and recieving nothing in return. but then i always remember that simple phrase.

give but never expect anything in return. which is why i haven't lost my nerve and stop giving back to the ppl in el. i always treat ppl with the respect that they would like, even if we are enemies.

but that is just who i am,

-kat