Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
goatsgomoo

My computer...

No, I'm not bragging. This isn't even saying anything positive about my computer.. I'm just saying that I might not be playing much due to a *minor* computer problem. (Nothing much, just NOT BEING ABLE TO LOG IN WHATSOEVER) I hope I can fix it by throwing enough Slackware at it, but if that fails, I *may* have to take it to a computer repair shop and I *may* lose all my chatlogs. (Not to mention a bunch of other stuff that I was thinking about backing up on CD when I was about to restart my computer in safe mode.) So, I hope I get better soon, and I still will be able to play a bit with my laptop. So, until I finish downloading Nero for my laptop, (You can't imagine how slow a 30.9MB download can take at .7kb/sec) I might not be around as much.

No idea...I just log in, and it immediately logs right back out again... but now it looks like a motherboard problem... the only thing on the motherboard that works is the "on" function of the power switch (Can't turn it off) and the fan on the processor... And the download for Nero failed at 2%.

Edited by goatsgomoo

If you go to a small repair shop, ask em to throw the hard drive onto a computer with a CD burner. Then they might let you manually grab the data and burn it on CD, so when they format it you still saved most of your data. Sorry to hear 'bout the problem tho.

Okay, the computer went to the shop today after it was determined that the power supply was fine. But...uhm... I need a new motherboard and processor. (Woohoo!) :)

Luckily I never have to take mine to the shop, my friend Paul (who works as some kinda admin at a computer place) always comes over and fixes it. Luckily his place discards certain parts that doesn't work a certain computer, got me a pent 4 from it :)

Ouch.

Hard disk okay?

Yeah, it's fine. The motherboard does NOTHING, though... But at least I have an excuse to get a better proccessor. ^_^ That is, unless I figure out how to get the processor off the motherboard.